England U-17 Discussions Thread #3 (2007 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by england66, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Ste walker

Ste walker Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Yes they were, they had England flags draped over them ready to run on pitch with a couple of minutes to go.

Rafe1979 repped this.
  2. MH10

MH10 Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Eyoma was injured for the game last night*

IGSpur, Marcho Gamgee and Rafe1979 repped this.
  3. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Good point mate but he's probably said that after being left out for a year with England, he should've never went to city to much competition should've went somewhere where he'll be the main man just like sancho with city. Even Poveda with Liverpool or arsenal would've been better

4. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    In the end it's his fault for moving to city, I'm sure he had other options. If you can't make the bench for your own club there's no way he's gonna make it for the national team, that's that. I'm a big fan of his but it's just the way it is..

5. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Couldn't watch the game yesterday, I didn't think we would win with those injuries, but still heartbroken about the result. On a positive note, I'm pretty sure we would have won with 2 or 3 of those 5 in midfield (Kirby TOB McEachran Gomes Gibbs-White). Hopefully we'll bring a complete squad in India, at full strength England is the best U17 team at least in Europe.

Rafe1979, Marcho Gamgee and ChristianSur repped this.
  6. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    More importantly the players clubs will be willing to release them for the one's involved in a senior team. How many of our squad prospects are in any way involved with their clubs senior team?

7. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think that there will be any problem picking players apart from Ryan Sessingion, because he is the only one who is playing regular first team football at the moment.

8. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And could very possibly be playing first-team football for a top EPL club.

9. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Gomes and Kane Wilson both on the bench today, so there might be a race on to see who'll be the first Premier League player to be born since 2000. Mourinho has said that Gomes will play today so it looks it'll happen one way or another.

Rafe1979 repped this.
  10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Gomes came on, on 88 minutes.

11. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Would like to see Odoi and Gomes starting together

12. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    ChristianSur and Rafe1979 repped this.
  13. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Slightly pointless but since someone uploaded it, here are Gomes's touches during his 4-minute appearance:

Rafe1979 and Jenks repped this.
  14. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently Monaco have bid 500k for Taylor Richards.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  16. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Monaco is a very smart club. would be a good move for him IMO

Rafe1979 and hussar repped this.
  17. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Totally agree. I'm a big fan of them on how they opperate their youth system. Any talented young player should consider taking up an offer by Monaco.

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    You couldn't blame the lad and his family for looking into it though to be fair, you just look at how many come through their youth system. Also, again if there's no obvious pathway through to the first team then it makes sense to look elsewhere.

IGSpur and Rafe1979 repped this.
  19. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Monaco would never have bid for him unless him and his family had already been approached and were happy for him to go there, P.S does anybody know why he was not selected for the recent Euro's, was it injury or was the competition for places to strong?.

20. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He finished the season with 5 goals in 3 games, he wasn't injured.

21. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    I think its because he only broke through in to the City Under-18 team at the end of the season he wasn't really considered, when you think the finals squad were playing at that level all season (apart from reserve keeper), its unlikely they'd call up players who were still playing under-16 club football for this team, though with City's squad depth its hardly Richards' fault he was.
    Anyway , tough as it is to break through to the City first team, I think its too much of a gamble to chance a move abroad at such a young age.

22. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Why is it any more of a gamble than staying?

23. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Yes. I would say it's true, Monaco would be a gamble, but staying at City is definitely a dead end.

Rafe1979 repped this.
  24. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    I think you can still develop well as a player at City even if you have to move on to another club though. When English youngsters move abroad though (Kebbie, Collinge, Egbo, Jennings etc) they just seem to stagnate rather than pushing on to first team football.
    Dier was different in that he grew up in Portugal from a fairly young age but making that move at 16 is tough.

25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Kebbie and Jennings were never highly rating to begin with, and Egbo and Collinge are still teenagers. How much have you watched of them to say they haven't developed?

Rafe1979 repped this.