England U-17 Discussions Thread #3 (2007 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by england66, Jul 8, 2011.

1. United689908

United689908 Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He was superb apparently against Man Utd 16's, one of the first games of the season. Still a schoolboy which puts him at a disadvantage internationally.

Rafe1979 repped this.
  2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

It looks like Poveda has grown somewhat judging by this footage and I know it's only one clip but one would think we would want to keep him in the England scene if Columbia are sniffing around.

Rafe1979 repped this.
  3. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    If we keep leaving him out surely he'll make his mind up with Colombia soon surely

4. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Probably will happen. To be fair this is a tough side to get into, but he shouldn't be this low down the pecking order because his technical ability is top class for his age and better than a lot of professionals.

Rafe1979 and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  5. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    We'll see.. I just hope he gets a more regular starting position at city ahead of that Luke Bolton for now ..

6. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    McGill, Guehi (c), Wilson, Panzo, S.Sessegnon, McEachran, Hudson-Odoi, Gibbs-White, Foden, Sancho, Brewster.

That is ABSURDLY attacking :D the midfield three could easily pass as a front three in any other team.

7. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    2-0 after 11 mins, Brewster and Foden. Could be lots.

Marcho Gamgee and ChristianSur repped this.
  8. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    3-0 after 15, Gibbs-White.

9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    3-1 half time.

10. MH10

MH10 Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Any live streams?

11. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Another one for Brewster, 4–1.

12. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    And immediately 4–2.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Not sure of any streams but I follow on the Uefa website where they have some kind of running commentary.

We have had 10 shots on target, 5 off target so far meanwhile the Czechs have had just two shots on target.

14. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    5-2 Foden with his second

The Guardian repped this.
  15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    5–3 now. They seem to be scoring with just about every shot they have.

16. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    The Czech Republic got their three 3 goals from 4 attempts. Can't say for certain without watching the match but hopefully it is just bad luck and not a sign that leakiness is a weakness of England's attacking line up

17. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Full time, 5–3.

Rafe1979 and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  18. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    4 attempts that weren't blocked, certainly, and I guess anyone can spank the ball into a defender. Meanwhile we had 19 shots of which 18 were unblocked, 13 were on target, 5 went in and 1 hit the post. As you say, it's hard to tell without having watched the game, but it does sound like we were dominant to a point that should have been more clearly reflected in the scoreline, and we certainly can't afford to be letting in every meaningful shot that our opponents take once we come up against better sides.

I don't mean to be unappreciative when there's so much talent in this group, but this isn't the first side that the defence has appeared to be lagging quite a long way behind the attack. Hopefully it's just inexperience and/or bad luck rather than a lack of defensive ability in the group.

19. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Looking at the line up I'm not that surprised at the score. Looks a bit disjointed. Not sure why they didn't play Oakley boothe and Kirby in the middle to control the game.

20. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, likely will have been a factor. Also, the team sheet had Guehi RB and Wilson CB, which I know they're keen to do so is probably right, but they play the other way around at club level and are better suited to doing so as well imo.

21. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Isn't Steven Sessegnon also right-footed and Kane Wilson left-footed?

22. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Don't think Wilson's left footed (could be wrong) but Sessegnon is like Cole Dasilva and a lot of other young FBs who is happy playing either side with either foot.

23. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    You're right, according to the articles I've just found. He's right-footed but his chances for West Brom's seniors have come at left-back so far, hence my confusion.

24. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Incidentally, the teams who've qualified for the Euro finals so far:

Croatia (as hosts)
    Spain
    Scotland
    Serbia
    Netherlands
    Italy
    Ireland
    Faroe Islands

Belgium, Poland, Denmark, Wales, Iceland, Northern Ireland and others are out, and Portugal could well follow them as the worst runner-up. One more win for us would virtually guarantee our qualification, as long as we don't end up third out of three teams on six points.

25. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Scotland have now qualified for four successive U17 Euros. Only one of those was in the old 8 team format but even reaching the last 16 is an impressive feat given the current senior team can't even get into a 24 team tournament.

W.A.S.P., Rafe1979 and ChristianSur repped this.