England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    United boys don't know yet.

2. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    btw- that squad listed above is full of defenders

3. ATRIYA KOP BANIK

ATRIYA KOP BANIK New Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    what about the arsenal wonderkid AARON JORDAN(14)??? if grapevine is to be believed he is a world class player in the making & gunners are keeping him under wrap...

4. ATRIYA KOP BANIK

Jun 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    quite surprised to see no players from west ham & southampton academy... arguably the best youth system in ENGLAND...

5. tommyatkins78

tommyatkins78 New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    how many players overall go to the camp?

6. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Disagree with this opinion. I have watched Aaron since he signed for Arsenal some two years ago. Technically he is very average. He has the advantage of maturation for his age but this will erode when his piers catch up physically. There are other Arsenal and Chelsea players who are far better.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    40 at the most.

8. ATRIYA KOP BANIK

Jun 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    but according to the arsenal fans he is very highly-rated & they used to called him 13 year old genius a year ago... even jordan brown another arsenal starlet mentioned his talent indirectly in one of his interview.... can you name those other players at ARSENAL & CHELSEA academy who are better than him...????

9. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For starters here are three that haven't been mentioned in this thread - Tyrell Robinson (Arsenal), Tammy Abrahams (Chelsea), Ovie Ejaria (Arsenal). I have watched every Chelsea v Arsenal match in the last three years including the major tournaments and I would rate these players higher. This of course is my opinion and football is a game full of opinion!

10. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Tammy was a sub mostly right? I know they rate him highly yet he's quite young, is he a 98?

11. blackman

blackman Member

Apr 12, 2011
    norf london
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am surprised by the omission of tyrell robinson too, but anyway i am looking forward to see who will be called for man.united and chelsea.....how much do you guys rate isaac christie-davis, is a 97 right? and for M.U i want to see if rhain davis,marcus rashford and demetri mitchell will be called.

ps so is denzeil boadu the arsenal genius ?

12. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The problem as I see it and I have witnessed with the English Academy system compared to the European and south American systems is their misplaced desire to seek out the most physically mature players and those that demonstrate pace and strength at a very young age, in favour of those that they let slip that have the footballing ability and are generally more technically gifted. The problem is that most of these boys as they get older reach the limit of their ability to learn more technically, tactically and mentally and then fail to progress beyond 16-18 years. Unfortunately this has been happening for too long and the one's they have let go often drop out the system altogether and are lost. I have seen some change in the last two years which indicates that they are at last realising this and they are looking much more carefully than before at the the European systems that have worked much better and are producing the footballers of the future that play the game the way we all want to see it played. Tammy is a 97 and was a sub for many of the games played in the Nike tournament and only because Chelsea built their team completely around Jeremie Boga, who was given a free reign to do what he wanted which in my view was at the expense of many other gifted players who could have provided a much better balance to the teams that were played. I back this up purely on the knowledge that for the whole season prior to the tournament Jeremie Boga didn't figure in the Chelsea U14's or U15's at all (as he played in the U16's and youth team) and both squads were unbeatable and played the type of football you are happy to pay to watch. Isaac Christie-Davies is a very tall player for his age and good technically, but lacks pace and as a midfielder needs to improve his defensive ability. I would rate him as another player who has early maturation on his side for the moment though and there are much better all-round mid-fielders available to Chelsea that will mature physically in the next two years and become formidable players that I believe will have the talent to break into the Chelsea 1st team if given the chance or if they aren't pouched by other premiership clubs.

13. ATRIYA KOP BANIK

Jun 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hmm... i had earlier heard about robinson but the other two are relatively unknown to me.... quite surprised that you didn't mentioned the name of JOE WILLOCK & RUBBEN SAMMUT....

14. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    That's a case with many of the England academies, take Fulham ones for example, big strong lads dominating physically, some good players also in there though. AJ's other cousin who is at Leyton, SamAbs said last year that the lad practically runs up n down only to see long balls going over his head. As midfielders his only work is just tackling the opponent, no taking the ball out of defense into open play & every 2nd or 3rd touch is fouling an opponent player. Gradually the lad loses his love & can't push on, and sees a big strong lad is favoured over him by the coach.

Chelsea have changed in terms of better coaching now, focus is on improved quality of football education & teaching them to play with short neat passes. More clubs will be doing that hopefully..

BTW Willocks are much younger, not sure if all of them are with Arsenal now or one left, Deano might confirm what's the case.

15. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chris Willock is the older brother and a 97. I think Chris is a very talented player that still has to develop physically. I know Joe is well thought of and both boys were trialed at Chelsea in the 2011-12 season but returned to Arsenal again on better terms. Ruben Sammut is one of best 97 mid-fielders in England. A number of premiership clubs have had their eye on him for a few years but Chelsea arent prepared to let him go at any price.

16. blackman

blackman Member

Apr 12, 2011
    norf london
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The willcock who is not in arsenal anymore is the older matthew 96 winger, is at reading now.......chris is a 98 and joe a 99.

17. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the "genius" can't be Boadu btw, was signed recently from Spurs.

bluenews, have you seen much of Harry Donovan and Harley Willard? heard good things about both

18. Bluesnews

Bluesnews New Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Harley is a 97 and a good left footed winger at Arsenal. He has a lot of physical development to go through but again with this he will be one to look out for. I believe he was at Chelsea as an U8 before moving over to Arsenal. Harry is a useful midfielder who has great potential.

19. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thanks, saw bit of Harry in a tournament when he was younger and he impressed me the most

20. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Can we just give up on this idea that there is/was a 13 year old genius in the Arsenal Academy?

As for the Willocks, as far as I know they are both still in the Academy and are both very talented. Like Bluesnews said they both are on the small side which I hope doesn't count against them.

Bluesnews, how far behind Chelsea do you think Arsenalas Academy is as from what I can tell from the outside, we are getting further and further away. It also seems to me that our academy is extremely unproffessional which could lead to our best prospects (such as the Willocks) leaving for Chelsea or other Premier League clubs.

21. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Yep, checked again, the two Willocks are there definitely. Joe played against our u13s(Chalobah's brother plays in that group) during the end course of the season I remember, probably in the 2-1 win.

22. ATRIYA KOP BANIK

Jun 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he is one of many english kids who holds dual nationality... he may choose MALTA over ENGLAND, just like VICTOR MOSES & JACK GREALISH(RECENTLY)...

23. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Malta, eh? Have they a good team?

24. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I have certainly seen some of Ruben's acquaintances & close people poking him to play for Malta some days. But his dad is serious & England is the obvious choice. Rumor has it his new deal run through to his 18th birthday, he signed for 4 yr in 2010, & his new one is also said to be for 4 years, probably an extension of 2 years on the previous one.

25. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hear Dan Kemp is one to look out for. I believe he is a late 98 so will be U14 this season.