England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    New thread, that's why lack of notifications.

Anyway, as Juni mentioned, 3 proper u15s played in the games, more were involved with the squad, notably Ruben Sammut who probably did not play at all. Aaron Hayden has been injured for some times now, likely to be fit in time, has a noticeable cool head & calmness in his game which he applies with composure. JT has praised him at least 2-3 times I know.

The Dasilva brothers from Luton(older one Jay), Jay was really impressive at left-back, he's probably 98 born, but might be in contention(and for once I would like England to snap Boga from France via that 5 yr education rule somehow convincing him).

2. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    born August 98, plays on the wings, centre or off the striker

3. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Linked with chelsea/manchester by Mirror, in a piece you can essentially call as combination of 3 tweets by a gooner.

4. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is he actually any good or is it just yet another case of a kid being twice the size of the boys around him and the only reason he stands out is because he uses his pace and power to dominate the opposition?

5. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I doubt anyone has seen enough (if anything) to make a judgement like that. From pictures we have seen he is big for his age but that doesn't mean he's not extremely talented. Take Nathaniel Chalobah for instance, he was playing up the age groups because 1) he was extremely talented 2) his physique allowed him to cope against against bigger/older players whilst having the talent to match them.

6. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And 3) he might not have been the age claimed. :p

7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It has been posted on here that Ojo will be playing in the Liverpool u18 side next season (which was my guess) - that will make it even more likely that he will move up with the England u17s. One would hope they have another batch of midfielders to try out in the VS.

8. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Jamie Sanderson watched him the other week - stating he actually isn't massive (as we had all taken for granted), so much be a degree of specialness in his boots.

9. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry but Jamie Sanderson does not go to any Arsenal youth games anymore and he certainly didn't go up to birmingham to watch the Under 18's.

10. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    why would he have reason to make up the fact he saw him live? o_O

11. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The same reason he copy and pastes the reserve updates from Arsenal’s twitter and pretends they are his own. He does not report on youth football anymore but as he is called @Younggunsblog and people follow him to get youth updates so he has to seem to have some knowledge. I would happily be proved wrong but if he doesn’t go down to Barnet to watch the reserves I doubt he is going to travel to Birmingham to watch the U18’s.

12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Couple of names to keep an eye on:

Patrick Roberts of Fulham

Karlan Grant of Charlton

13. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Deme Mitchell (he scored that stunner in the semis of the futures cup against Bayern a couple of months back) scored another couple as United topped their group and will face Feyenoord tomorrow in the semis of Marveld.

14. Fanzz

Fanzz Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Squad for nordic tournament out.

15. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Mirror says Liverpool will sign Nabay. Hype purchase again?

16. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Mabey he is the new Cherno Samba.

17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Heard Roberts' name a bit last season, very highly rated.

18. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Is that Roberts of Wimbledon school? If I'm right then once saw a mention of him as a 'sick baller' from one of the chelsea kids.

Anyway asked 2 of our Nike cup squad players(rest are probably away at holidays) & apparently club have not told them yet who will make it in 16s squad. Also that there may indeed be a trial camp like last summer. This is a contradictory information as I've heard some are let known they're certain in the final squad.

19. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    There is definitely a trial squad. Started with a list of 80 players and was knocked down to 40 early last month. Not sure on the amount that will actually go but I assume it will be 30-40.

20. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Just been speaking to Olly Burke.

It seems its not a trial squad as all the players going to train in August will get a chance during the Victory Shield it seems. So nobody will who attends won't be selected like in previous years when there was 40 or so players attending. So that makes sense about possibly only 30 players being selected to go train.

He keeps banging on to me that all he needs to do is train hard enough to make sure he gets into the starting line-up. So in a way its a trial but not like in the past when going to these camps, you weren't sure if you were going to get picked at all.

21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I think he is part of the crop you were telling me about, mate. Certainly heard good things about him like you.

22. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    3900753816.jpg

Great article in Melton Times with Ollie Burke -

23. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Squad so far - (8)

Freddy Woodman - Newcastle - Goalkeeper
    Aaron Hayden -Chelsea - defence
    Dan Crowley - Aston Villa - midfield
    Foday Nabay - Birmingham - midfield
    Sheyi Ojo - Liverpool - wide player
    Jordan Rossiter - Liverpool -midfield
    Lewis Cook - Leeds -midfield
    Oliver Burke - Nottm Forest - wide player

Possibles - (6)

Demetri Mitchell - Manchester United - striker/wide player
    Patrick Roberts - Fulham - striker
    Muktar Ali - Chelsea - midfield
    Karlan Grant - Charlton - striker
    Joe Gomez - Charlton - defence
    Andre Coker - Palace - wide player/ striker
    Tom Brewitt - Liverpool - defence

Excuse possible player position errors.

mo0. repped this.
  24. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    is Ruben Sammut too young? Mitchell also mentioned Riley and Borthwick, fwiw.