England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Musah (against Russia) looked like he was made from the "right stuff". He's definitely one to follow. This group is strong in the defensive areas. .

2. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The Man U c/b Teden Mengi started and gave a good account of himself in last night's 2-1 defeat against a strong and competitive Liverpool u18 side.

3. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There's nothing groundbreaking in this video, but the stylistic comparisons between Myles Harris (14) and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are interesting.

https://streamable.com/jc57a

Garibaldi11 and kbarrett2316 repped this.
  4. Jackson⚽️

Jackson⚽️ New Member

Chelsea
    England
    Dec 16, 2017
    I think the u16 season is finished and the 03s are moving up and the 02s will be U17. I have seen that kutshienza (jasper I think his first name is) has been moved to right back from videos I’ve seen he looks very attack minded

5. Jackson⚽️

Jackson⚽️ New Member

Chelsea
    England
    Dec 16, 2017
    Is it only me but harvey vale reminds me of frank lampard?

6. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Heard Ben Knight might be leaving ITFC, not sure on destination but the obscene amount of money being offered has turned his parents heads finally

7. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    You're not alone there in this group mate.

Bondswell & Mighten been rumbling on for ages.

According to the Mirror earlier.

Man Utd , Southampton, Brighton were looking at them but looks like United have won the race for Bondswell and we've done enough to keep Mighten.

8. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Club have always seemed confident in keeping Knight, and he has signed his scholarship but won't be surprised if he doesn't start pre season here.

A friend of a friend coached him in the academy and was aware of what was being offered - life changing amounts.

9. CCFC9

CCFC9 New Member

Coventry City
    England
    Jul 25, 2017
    Coventry lost Charlie McCann to Man United but managed to keep Blaine Rowe who attended few training camps for the 15s and Jonathan Ngandu who is highly rated

Seems the Cat 1 clubs are picking off Cat 2 players who have been involved with England

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  10. KARLOSSIMO

KARLOSSIMO New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Apr 3, 2017
    surprised wigan have kept hold of joe gelhardt, couldn't imagine a great deal of money being offered to him by such a small club, and proved himself with the big guns of international football

JRSG repped this.
  11. United689908

United689908 Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't see a lot of big number 9's at big clubs, and might be wrong because I don't see him every week but hasn't blown me away with his ability.

12. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  13. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Elanga is with Sweden at that same tournament.

Seems like there's going to be a tug of war with loads of players coming through now. Egan-Riley in that squad too.

14. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    No Okoflex is surprising.

15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Looks another football league non Cat 1 on the move.

997222787315052545 is not a valid tweet id

David Hurford repped this.
  16. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Also first I've seen this. I was wondering why Arsenal weren't playing him with the younger players at the back end of the season.

Amazing amount of transfers potentially in this group taking Noni Madueke to PSV too.

17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Musah played in the Arsenal/Chelsea U18 game last week (scored too) but that was with his actual age group as both teams fielded U15 sides.

Sarmiento is supposedly top class, he'll be hard to keep hold of. It's gonna be that sort of summer; Knight, Bondswell and Sarmiento already being linked away, Charlie McCann has already gone, Pendlebury has been linked away from Reading before, bigger clubs have wanted Terell Pennant from Leicester but that one's complicated, Madueke seems to be off from Spurs, can see there being a fair bit of movement.

18. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Mighten too.

19. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    A depressing summer if you don't support one of the big clubs then.....!

20. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Just pleased the club have done as much as they can do for Mighten. U23s debut & training with the first team this season already etc About 2 months ago it looks like we got him & Dekel to commit.

Bondswell is a more complex situation.

Another we forgetting is Rafa Garcia to Everton. Have we heard anything about Carvalho's future ? Is heva scholar next year ?

Gelhardt was mentioned above.

Reading are another.
    U16s : Dorsett, Pendlebury
    U15s : Collins, Brooking, Tetek, Osorio

21. KARLOSSIMO

KARLOSSIMO New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Apr 3, 2017
    gelhart was immense v spain at st georges best player on the pitch, i was there, can create goals out of nowhere, strong uses his body well and quick too, could be a dark horse

David Hurford repped this.
  22. Jackson⚽️

Jackson⚽️ New Member

Chelsea
    England
    Dec 16, 2017
    when do the 03's move to the U16's and the 02's move to U17's.Will there be the same scotland tournment

23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Good move for him I think, even though I know little about him, quite young but I guess it's about time English Clubs get the tables turned on us. I think in a few years time it will be the norm as more and more kids are exploring their options abroad due to blocked pathways in the Premier League. Also PSV is a good Club in a good city, been there many times as my sister lives there.

24. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Perhaps more importantly, Jong PSV are in the Dutch second tier, which is a higher standard of football than he'd play at for at least three years in England. Wouldn't necessarily be a regular at 16 but he'd have the chance to earn that chance.

IGSpur repped this.