England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    The Spurs midfielder is Madueke. Would bring him in for the next squad.

I liked the Musah-Hodge partnership but was really looking forward to seeing what Teddy Hoare was about but unfortunately that won't be happening.

sharpovic repped this.
  2. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    #2877 sharpovic, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Just watched the first half of the game vs USA, a bit underwhelming. I watched the 2015 tournament a few months ago just before the U17 world cup and there's a very big difference. The overall technical level was way better in 2015, this team had complete domination and never lost the ball, every single player was comfortable in possession. Also concerned about the coaching, I don't see a clear philosophy like there was with Dan Micciche, too many speculative long passes. Players like Elliot (injured I know), McAtee and Madueke are badly needed to raise the technical level.

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I didn't think it was that bad to be honest, ok we lost but at this level it's not that important. It's more important to focus on possession, skill, technique etc and personally didn't think it was that bad at all since we pretty much dominated a Brazil team. Not really sure what the bench mark is these days, guess it's the 2000 group but that's some mark. I personally thought we matched and probably better than Brazil on the above criteria I stated. Think we have plenty of talent to work on going forward from what I've seen so far.

4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Should watch the 2nd half then. Was dominant, never lost the ball and every player looked comfortable in possession.

I wouldn't overreact. Weren't bad v Brazil either. Just a couple of sloppy pieces of defending in quick succession that killed us. We looked the more talented side though.

Things look very easy for Carvalho.

5. ArsenalYouth

ArsenalYouth Member

Apr 16, 2017
    London, England
    i would say that our best player in the first half was Sarmiento with his tight nice dribbling and directness and good defence element to his game as well. Other than that and a few loose touches I dont think he deserved to come off. If anything Palmer was very quiet throughout the first half and Mighten could've offered a lot creativity and urgency for a better England performance. 2nd Half - Musah put in a good shift but overall I would have to say the reason we lost is there was no risky forward passes, just playing in our own half ..

6. United689908

United689908 Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Omotoye at Norwich would fix that but he's picked Belgium. U15 at club level already played for their 18's

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Anyone know how long until kick off?

8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #2883 Garibaldi11, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    5 minutes. They out for the national anthems.

Looks like

Talley
    Livramento Simeu Bellis Bondswell
    Musah Pendlebury
    Knight Carvalho Mighten
    Greenwood

9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Great finish by Knight.

IGSpur repped this.
  10. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oof, bad defending for 1-1.

11. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    A bit disappointing. They can be better than this from what I have seen in Italy and vs Scotland.

Just need to take stock and move forward with some changes to come.

12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Not a good day at the office, the Dutch were much better than us from what I saw, faster, more athletic, read the game better, just better all round but they will learn from this. Looks like a good age group for the Dutch.

The Guardian repped this.
  13. GroteBergMan

GroteBergMan Member

Nov 29, 2017
    Some of the best players didn't even start in Bogarde and Hansen, Jayden Braaf from PSV wasn't there either who is really good. I expect a couple of these players to come over to England in Braaf and Bogarde. Proper is a less known player but is really good, wore number 6!

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  14. royalsman

royalsman New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    Club:
    Reading FC
    for me it seems there is a difference of opinion/vision between the scouts who are selecting the boys and the coaching team that are then making the decisions when games come along. Perhaps no fault of the FA or the coaching team given the circumstances but it was clear to me that Neil Dewsnip didn't know much about these boys, where they play & what their strengths are. However we mustn't forget the same principle applies as it does to academy football where a team that loses every game but 1 or 2 progress to the first team is a highly successful academy. Yes the Dutch have an exciting team although not surprised after watching PSV win the recent u16 international tournament outplaying & beating a strong Man City team 3-1 in the final.

15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    How did the other game finish, yesterday?

16. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1-1, giving Brazil the tournament win.

The Guardian repped this.
  17. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Rafa Garcia has decided to join Everton from Fulham.

18. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's very interesting. You could start to build quite a team of players that were at Fulham only to move on in their teens: Patrick Roberts, Dembele, Taylor Richards, Kayne Roberts, Adeniran, Musiala at Chelsea, there's a couple more I'm forgetting.

19. kbarrett2316

kbarrett2316 Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Xavier Amaechi and Anis Mehmeti I think started there too.

20. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    DJ Buffonge was another I forgot.

21. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Benni Braithwaite is on trial at Chelsea at the minute, but he's got plenty of other trials lined up too.

GroteBergMan repped this.
  22. KARLOSSIMO

KARLOSSIMO New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Apr 3, 2017
    games at st georges park feb half term, v spain, scotland and denmark

IGSpur repped this.
  23. kbarrett2316

kbarrett2316 Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Club: