England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Yeah the people I was with noted out how big he was, could you send me Noni's Madueke social media accounts please? Also it's strange as Napoli and Lazio aren't even in this tournament.

2. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
  3. LondonYouth

LondonYouth New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Lost 4-0 to Belgium. Frustrating as lads overloaded with info from dugout again. There is a time for the long ball or killer pass, but seem too scared of reprisals to execute. Would love to see what they could produce if just told to go out and play as they do for their clubs.

Rafe1979 repped this.
  4. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So it seems like our players in this groups has big potential but can't transform their club form to the international side so far. Is that fair?

5. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Who is pascal kpohomouh and anybody know his social media accounts?

6. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Curtis Jones, the Liverpool attacking midfield player, can be put in the "top talent" category.

The more this group play u18 club football the more they will adjust to the demands of competitive football.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I had to look him up on YouTube to find some footage as haven't seen him before but only found the one highlight reel from one game but he looked good. Good footwork for a young winger and looked intelligent for his age with his distribution. Well worth keeping an eye on I'm sure.

8. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I was thinking this Golden Generation we are experiencing could end with our U17 team that just won the Euros but I guess the fountain is still churning.

At this rate, I believe it is a concerted effort from the government to make "World-Class Football Talent" a big contribution towards Portugal's waning GDP.

Half-serious.

Edit: Maybe fully serious

9. kbarrett2316

kbarrett2316 Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Imo Alese over Ogbeta. Ogbeta is a good player and I like him personally but I've heard he hasn't had a great season at club level. Alese has been injured for a bit I think but I'd say he edges it out of the two.

10. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Here's a video of the Tottenham u16's vs Bologna -

Tottenham's Matthew lock was awarded a place in the top 11 for the tournament.

11. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To complete the Montaigu Tournament, the team vs Belgium was Wickens, Perry, Alese, Binks, Ogbeta, Mola, Anjorin (c), Doyle, Wright-Phillips, Cashman, Whittaker.

Rafe1979 repped this.
  12. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Is that all. Yes Jones seems bright of mind and very alert to a quick accurate through ball. As you suggest, one to watch.

13. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Is Billy Gilmour eligible for England? I see online apparently he's set to sign for Chelsea in the upcoming days

14. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
  15. andals

andals Member

Jun 13, 2015
    he's Scottish through and through

Rafe1979 repped this.
  16. ArsenalYouth

ArsenalYouth Member

Apr 16, 2017
    London, England
    Has anyone got any thing good to say about Luis Longstaff??? Any recent videos??

17. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Played for England a while back never saw anything of him tho

18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He's been seeing some action for Liverpool u18s. Not much to report - it's early days yet at that level. He's a tricky dribbler (but you will be aware of that anyway, perhaps).

19. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
  20. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    Watched him in the victory shield this season and he was certainly the stand out player for Scotland, though Binks played well too.
    Has a bit of class about his play I've never seen from a Scottish player at that level. Chelsea's a tough option but he would be wasted in the SPL.

IGSpur and Rafe1979 repped this.
  21. Rafe1979

Rafe1979 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Good to hear that though If he goes to Chelsea the competition is gonna be very very tough opposed to what he's used to up in Scotland

22. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Agree. Watched Victory Shield fro Binks and was left impressed by Gilmour. As you say looked very classy.

23. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  24. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    Wonder who Dembele will be turning out for!:sneaky:

andals repped this.