England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Maybe it's easy for you, but then I doubt you're a kid who was born in London to parents from the Ivory Coast and lived there for 5 years before moving to Scotland. A little empathy would go a long way - both in interacting with other forum members and in understanding Dembele's situation.

andals, itsonlymemate, Rafe1979 and 2 others repped this.
  2. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You are talking crap, Newbie. Itsonlybollockbrain is a sad and bitter halfwit of a troll. And total waste of space.

Perhaps you need a "little more empathy" or at least give your head a ********ing shake in the hope you might be able to think straight.

3. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Oh settle down...

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    OK people. I know there have been a few disagreements over a period of time that have festered up to this point but can we have a bit of a truce now? Everybody involved contributes greatly in their own way. I think we've created a really knowledgeable community here and a wide range of differing views has contributed to that. I've got no issue with a bit of verbal sparring and I've done it numerous times myself in the past. But lets not drag it on for too long and make it the focal point of threads.

W.A.S.P., Rafe1979, ChristianSur and 3 others repped this.
  5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Indeed, Barry. Some people need to put their petty, long standing grievances to one side.

The past must cease for the new to be. Heal and grow. Heal and grow.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  6. Darren Melia

Darren Melia Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is Kit Elliott from Chelsea related to Ben?

7. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah they're brothers.​

8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Dekel made his first u18 start on the weekend and got himself a brace. Johnson and Appiah also on the scoresheet from this group along with Shelvey keeping a clean-sheet.

@ Juni was wondering if you have a player list for this group like you did in the 15s thread ?

9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Everyone named in a squad this season is in the U16 column here: http://youthhawk.co.uk/wiki/England_Youth_Internationals_2016-17

Additional names from the training camp last summer who haven't been called up (largely sourced from this thread):

Tareiq Shihab (Brighton)
    Keyendrah Simmonds (Man City)
    Jeremie Frimpong (Man City)
    Recoe Martin (MK Dons)
    Shaun Williams (West Brom)

There'll definitely be more but that accounts for 40+ players already.

BarryfromEastenders and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Thanks Juni. Always forget to look at that part of youthhawk. Definitely has to be more players. There were those games behind closed doors v USA where Dekel and I'm sure others played in and haven't been picked again in addition to your list above.

11. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Weren't those U15 games last season? Don't recall them playing the US at SGP this season.

12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I thought the list was of all players who has been selected in this age group. U15 and u16. My mistake.

13. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    zXen repped this.
  14. RTB1984

RTB1984 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    I'm pretty sure Shaun Williams of WBA has played for the U16s this season. I think it was in a tournament at the start of the season.

15. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ah yeah, he's Remari-Shaun Williams, credited under two different names by WBA and by England.

16. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Gotcha, if we're going back to the U15 camp for this group from the previous summer, then there's also

George Wilson (Blackburn)
    James Tague (Derby)
    Louie Sibley (Derby)
    Sylvester Jasper (Fulham)
    Joe Lilley (Sunderland)
    Taylor Price (Wolves)
    Ethan Dekel (Nottm Forest)

As well, probably more that've been missed. Price has been a near ever-present for Wolves U18s this season and is on standby for the Montaigu Tournament in April, we should start to see a squad come together for that over the next fortnight.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  17. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Taylor Perry, not Taylor Price, sorry.

Rafe1979 repped this.
  18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Curtis Jones, back from injury, was the most impressive I've seen him yet, scoring two goals in the 3-0 win against Blackburn u18s on Saturday.

19. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Plus Harvey White and Josh Oluwayemi

20. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  22. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    That's a new name isn't it. Probably going to be quite a few although a number of players have been used by this group over 2 years.

23. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He played in the UEFA Development Tournament last month. Was with Brentford until they shut down their academy last summer, joined Fulham, will be a scholar next season.

24. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Been doing some digging. There is truth of interest but nothing official (especially with that 1m figure mark). We still confident of keeping him. Lovely goal he scored against Millwall (above) playing wide-left. Think like Appiah he is quite versatile in playing position because just good all round sort of footballers.