England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm sure Real Madrid will be clamouring for a striker who's never scored more than 14 goals (in the Eredivisie) in a season.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    They are struggling and Arnie has never had good service ... in the EPL anyways ... he'd be a revelation in La Liga

3. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    He was outscored by a 35-year-old Peter Crouch, who wasn't even a regular starter at the time. This is one of the madder delusions I've seen on any football forum.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    They played him on the wing didn't they ??!!

It's only at West Ham where he stipulated he wanted to play CF where he's REALLY thrived imho

5. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Mate, Arnautovic is a bang average Austrian striker and an absolute bell end. This is an England forum.

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I didn't bring him up , I simply responded ..

He's hardly bang average if we're being honest ..

Have you ever seen him play :)

7. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Kane out injured until March. Not good, but maybe a little rest helps him in the long run.

David Hurford repped this.
  8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Crazy timing given that was also Son's last game for a month or so

9. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Yeah, Spurs must sign someone, or they can forget CL next year.

10. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Alexander-Arnold also out for at least a month

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Milner will slot in there , no problem ...

12. Jerel Hasselbaink scored less there. Chelsea and that Spanish club didnot complain about his productivity.

13. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He'd had three 20+ goal seasons by time he moved to Atlético.

14. I ment in the Eredivisie. Iirc he never played in there, just in the second tier. For some reason he wasnot fully appreciated by the Dutch top clubs. Their bad.

15. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I love Arnie (still) and he's finally fulfilled his potential and we all have our favourite players but come on Tito you are on a wind-up,

16. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's (Arnie) not bang average and I'm glad he's seemingly grown up and realised he's only got one crack at this thing. The enfant terrible tag - or what whatever that ********ing expression is - lasted too long but he's hardly the first talented footballer to grow up a little late, maybe if he'd knuckled down a few years earlier this conversation would be a little less silly but he's clearly peaking, will have a good season or two and go into decline unless he's very lucky and his body keeps good into his 30's like Zlatan. It's possible I guess as I've sometimes thought of him as a poor mans Zlatan but if Zlatan is Rolls-Royce or Harrods, Arnie would be like buying a Lada from some guy with no name at the back of a Lidl car park and I really do like him unlike that twat Shaqiri, who is a much more talented player, good for Liverpool*. He says sourly.

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He’s peaking late is all

Very good player on his day, whenever he feels like playing up to it anyway

He’s always been technically regarded but 2 great seasons in a while career?

18. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Watching mason mount for derby . Don't see how he is rated as one England'd brightest talents. He has barely got a kick of the ball.

19. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    He's been pretty average this season it must be said, that call up came way too early for him. Easily isolated out of games at the moment and playing in central midfield the game tends to bypass him.

He has only just turned 20 mind you, but certainly got a fair way to go yet. Chelsea need to be very careful with his development. Still don't think the Championship was a great move for him yet, think he could well struggle to get minutes if he goes to the wrong premier league side next season.

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #2095 Marcho Gamgee, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Yeah, pretty much as I see it from what I’ve seen from him this season. I also thought at the time he moved that a move to The Championship wasn’t maybe the best option and a move to the Bundesliga might have been a better stepping stone for him. Still, it’s a good learning experience for him to take.

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He’s nothing special imo

22. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Mount started well at Derby with 5 goals in his first 11 games but he's really tapered off with end product since then. I think he's an end product kind of player and often offers very little aside from goals and assists. In the absence of those goals and assists you are left wondering 'what does he actually do'.

The England call up was undeserved in my opinion. Only in the most exceptional of circumstances should England call up a Championship player.

I think the journeys of Mount and Baker show just how strong The Championship is, its a tougher league than the Erdivisie.

23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    you boys are so reactionary. Mount is ticking along very nicely.

W.A.S.P. and hussar repped this.
  24. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I’m inclined to agree with this. I actually thought he played quite well last night.

25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Seems rare that top players are ever developed in the Championship. The skill set you need to thrive down there is so different to what's required in the modern game. It's like stepping back in time a decade or more when you watch Championship football. That rumoured Bundesliga loan would have served him so much better I feel.