England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't expect it this season but it is only a matter of time before Mason Greenwood gets in the England squad because he is an absolute killer in front of goal and is the best young finisher i have seen in coming through the ranks in English football in a very long time.

roverman repped this.
  2. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Strange decision, Foden didn't do anything phenomenal but he was having a solid game.

3. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Shouldn't think he was subbed because he was bad.

4. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is odd but it’s good that he started and played well. Hopefully he’ll start more games

5. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I can only hope that he's being rested for the mid-week game.

6. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    He did specify which wing he was playing on. Right inside forward is his best position in my opinion, he started to look good as soon as he moved there.

7. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I kind of agree, bc it allows him to see more of the ball and come inside. Long term I think he's an 8 or a 10 though, and that's where England needs him

Sam1010 and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  8. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    He's got a great shot on him and he can cut in from there an shoot.

9. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    #7484 sharpovic, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It suggests that Foden was fairly ineffective ??

Why take him off otherwise ..Bernado is a level above and proven .. good move by the sound of things ..

11. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    You're a very strange fella

dbs235, W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Having a ‘solid’ game will never be enough for the top teams ..

13. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Other players were not better than him bar KDB, you have a very bizarre agenda about Foden

roverman repped this.
  14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’m just not convinced ...

Somebody said he wasn’t having a ‘bad’ game .. someone else described him as having a ‘solid’ game ..

I was expecting wonderful things .. presumably City had most of the possession ? So he’d have had loads of touches ?

This is manager less Arsenal who are in free fall

15. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Isn't it a bit comical to be sceptical about England's most gifted talent ? You make a meal about Grealish, and I love Grealish, but if you like Grealish why don't you love Foden ? He just turned 19 started away at Arsenal had an assist why are you trying to split, slice and dice ?

Marcho Gamgee and roverman repped this.
  16. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    An Irishman pretending to be an Englishman on a football forum would certainly qualify as strange.

roverman repped this.
  17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Foden would walk into 95% of epl teams. If he was placed on the transfer market the likes of barce and real would be in for him....yeah very average

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    We never see Foden play much though.. especially in the big / vital games yet everyone raves about him dominating Doncaster in the league cup ... ( being flippant there , apologies) .. Jack Grealish has been a top player for years .. thrives in the big games .. whilst carrying Villa on his shoulders .. as captain . Jack will prob never even be selected until Southgate goes ..

19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Unless he starts several games then maybe. If he wasn't a striker then I think he could sneek into the team because that's our strongest area.

20. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Hudson Odoi is a shadow of himself at the moment, Mount not in great form, Barkley currently on the bench, so that's potentially 2 free spots for Grealish. Even if Alli gets called up.

roverman repped this.
  21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    We know Southgate has his favourites though ..

22. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    Can you tell me who are the top 4 (now) in the EPL? they're top 2 for me right now. only Liverpool and Man City.
    that's because LCFC is really one of the best and strongest ENGLISH TEAMS at the moment, and Maddison will hurts himself and his career if he leave them this season. also if he leaves them, this won't mean him will reserve a place in the EPL.. no one forget the FACT that Maguire ( before he joined MU), Chiwell, Pickford..etc have been all playing regularly for England while they're everton and Leicester players.

Leicester is ideal side for him this season, and maybe next season as well

roverman repped this.
  23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    The ‘big teams ‘ will always include ManU however they’re doing .... then Liverpool, ManC and Arsenal . Spurs just under that lot ..

24. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    this doesn't increase the chance of Maddison unfortunately because you never know with Southgate

25. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    i'm not with the idea of calling him up to the English team, yes he deserves but the problem that there're many options while Southgate seems doesn't trust him so much. when i look at england last few matches, i found that Southgate used and rotated among many players in the midfield and upfront, but never used Grealish. he even gave a younger player like Hudson Odoi the chance in the last match above many stars in the england team