England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    A good while yet, he has Kane and Abraham ahead of him who are both producing on a weekly basis in the prem. He's a super talent though, so much composure.

Oxford Tom and roverman repped this.
  2. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    He had a great season last year but hasn't been great this year.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Mmmmm I’ve seen Bernado a few times last season and a couple of times this and he was basically unplayable ... best City player each time ..

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’ve heard something about Maddison improving / extending his existing contract now ....

Why would he do that ?

He just gets more money for a few months up till summer but then it will badly effect any possible big money transfers to a big club

5. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Why wouldn't he? Leicester are a progressive, vibrant side with big things on the horizon, I don't blame him if he wants to stay there for the foreseeable future. If he doesn't though, then it would increase the fee Leicester can get for him if they do intend to sell next summer.

6. NWCherries

NWCherries Member

AFC Bournemouth
    England
    Nov 17, 2019
    As is stands, Leicester are the second best team in the league, and are looking quite a strong bet to be playing in the Champions League next year. And he's also a big part in these accomplishments. Why on earth would he want to leave?

7. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Because he’ll probably stay for at least 18 months and he’d be sacrificing millions to not sign a deal.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Yes that’s the positive for Leicester .. they will be able to ask far more for him but that doesn’t benefit Maddison it only hurts his bargaining stance ..

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Because every player wants to play for a top 4 team ... of he joined ManU or Liverpool he’d be straight in the England squad as well

10. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Or he'd just sit on the bench. Leicester is the perfect club for him.

omaro, W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He’d stroll into ManU or Arsenal prob Spurs as well

roverman repped this.
  12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Maddison is far far better than both mctominay or fred. No question he would be a star in United's team

13. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Maybe he is but they playing in different positions. Maddison is not a no 6 or no 8, like Ndidi and Tielemans at Leicester, he is a no 10, like Mata, but Man Utd currently playing without a proper no. 10. At Spurs there is Eriksen as a no 10, who might be just as good as him, or even better.
    It is also a pointless discussion, because he could have easily left on the bench if he would went to a top 4 club instead of Leicester, as someone here suggest he should have done. We could say a lot of examples of good players who went to top 4 sides too early and lost ground. So thank god he went to Leicester. Maybe in a 2 or 3 years he could go to a so called big club, but now he is at the best place.

roverman and TopBanana10 repped this.
  14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hrs played a few times there and in the youth set up I believe

omaro repped this.
  15. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    A start for Gomez at CB!

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Not going to be much of a test for him

17. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    yeah.. all the LFC international players start vs Watford , (Gomez, Hendo and Arnold )

18. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    most of them, not all ;)

roverman repped this.
  19. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    agreed, actually he just saved a goal.. a very good work by him

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Worrying how Arnold gets beaten so easily. Hes amazing going forward but defensively poor. I would be tempted to take bissaka to the euros as backup for when we play the big teams

21. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Gomez has had a solid game. Made a brilliant block

22. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    i don't agree, i see he has been doing superb attributions defensively and offensively tbh. maybe he's a bit tired due of the so many games recently

23. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    sounds good and he's experienced in 2 different roles.

but i can say he's unlucky because of the many amazing players in England team in these 2 positions

thebigman and roverman repped this.
  24. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    yep i still remembered that brilliant team that played euro 96

25. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia

I like your lineup, but still not confident that Southgate will pick Grealish or starting him.. we should see him, Maddison, Mount, Alli, and Foden for more games to come before the euro till he decides