England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I did go on once a few months ago because someone was being extremely harsh about Mount and told him he was talking nonsense but then received xenophobic abuse for my troubles, lol.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  2. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Same when I go on the Irish forum website. Slagging off England saying we ain't even a country which we are. Just as much as Ireland. They're getting worked up because we are nicking okoflex off them

3. Toosaul

Toosaul Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I hope Gareth is scouting him. He is so press resistant. Always seems to have time on the ball. Imagine him in that Czech Republic game. They wouldn't have got near him.

sharpovic and roverman repped this.
  4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Shame about cheek because technically he's our best midfielder

Toosaul repped this.
  5. Toosaul

Toosaul Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Yeah Cheek is immense, seen him a few times at Selhurst. He has almost every gift going except fitness. It's so frustrating he would be an ever present in the squad as well, Southgate loves him.

roverman repped this.
  6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    There are a lot of very knowledgeable ex managers and players saying he should be starting for England and even building around him !

roverman repped this.
  7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    In their heads he's a threat to Pulisic. They were the same with Sancho until it got to a point where it was impossible to pretend that Pulisic was better.

W.A.S.P., Marcho Gamgee and roverman repped this.
  8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah I remember that, they really scrutinised his every move. If he did a bad pass, that’s it, he’s shit etc and probably called a dumbass ( a particular favourite scornful word I noticed ). They also do the same with Hudson-Odoi fwiw.

9. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Also thought Harvey Barnes was excellent last night, on another day he could've had a brace. He was a creative spark and a goal threat throughout. I do find the Alli situation interesting mind. He's a fantastic asset to have when he's playing like this, but he's also not a natural fit for the 4-3-3 which we seem pretty certain on now. I remember Rory Smith saying the other week on 5live that he believes Maddison's enduring exclusion is likely down to Southgate believing he doesn't fit the system or that he would require the midfield being recalibrated in order to fit him in. Alli, for all his quality would require the same so it will make the whole situation with Maddison even more annoying and unfair if Alli is to become a key part of the first team plan's again as a midfielder.

I have said several times that I believe he should be brought back in as an inside forward in order to solve this.

omaro repped this.
  10. NWCherries

NWCherries Member

AFC Bournemouth
    England
    Nov 17, 2019
    As far as I'm concerned, there should be another space open for a player like Alli, Grealish or whoever takes your fancy. As a Bournemouth fan, Wilson has completely lost it. Doesn't look like scoring, and doesn't seem interested in trying. Has changed since he become fully integrated into the England setup, and not for the better. I still believe that there's an international quality striker in there somewhere, but he's doing a good job hiding it.

Someone like Grealish, Alli as a FW, hell even L. Cook would be more of an asset atm.

omaro and TitoTata repped this.
  11. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    If Kane, Rashford, and Abraham are all fit I very much doubt Wilson makes the squad to be honest.

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’d just take those three and get an extra midfielder in ..

roverman and TopBanana10 repped this.
  13. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    I think Ings is decent, if we were to have injuries. Would be my 5th choice ahead of Wilson, after Vardy.

14. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don’t need Wilson - we have Kane Abraham and then Rashford and Sterling can play there if required too. Bring in Grealish and Maddison

roverman and TopBanana10 repped this.
  15. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Totally agree. Abraham, rashford and kane. Mount, maddison, grealish, cheek and winks in midfield. Sterling odoi and Sancho out wide. That would terrify any team. Will Southgate pick that squad? Not a chance

16. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    I like RLC and would have him in but sadly it seems a pipedream that he'll both recover fully from injury and then stay fit for 5-6 months to get into the sort of form to take to a tournament.

roverman repped this.
  17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    A quarter fit cheek is still 10 times better than rice or Henderson

18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Just watching Oliver Norwood for the first time .. this lad can pass a ball !!

19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    This is to do with England how?

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    #7245 TitoTata, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Errrrrrr .. he’s English .. and a brilliant passer .

Speaking of which ..

Pass of the season 31 seconds !!

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    He’s Northern Irish.

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Born in Burnley , Lancashire just a few miles from us ..
    IMG_2389.PNG

23. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    If I was looking to waste everyone's time, I'd probably cut off the screenshot before his 57 Northern Ireland caps too.

W.A.S.P., roverman, Jenks and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ok, but the big question is, can he play for England?

Just for the record Mark Lawrenson was born not to far away from where I’m originally from and he can’t play for England either. ;)

roverman repped this.
  25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I was just pleasantly surprised by his fabulous, pinpoint passing and checked where he was born on Wiki ..