England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nah he doesn't type like green grass and I'm pretty sure he was here before hime right? He always typed things out like . Need to play Will Hughes .

2. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I was thinking the same thing. He seems like just the calm head we needed for the Kosovo game. I was quite sure he was going to start, then 'well, at least he'll come on at half-time...'

Bizarre that he wasn't used at all!

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  3. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd have Winks starting in place of Henderson, with Rice as the DM and and attacking midfielder.

sharpovic repped this.
  4. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Mount is ok apparently, no ligament damage

5. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Trippier with an assist from corner for the equalizer against Juventus.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  6. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice to see,although more from an English perspective, rather than an England perspective.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    CHO relied quite a lot on a turn of pace and that tends to diminish with ALL payers as they get older. Sometimes the reduction isn't significant and is also added to better decision making... but not always.

We need to see how he goes when he gets back but, IMO, it will take 4-6 months of play to really know how he is.

thebigman repped this.
  8. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    We will have to agree to disagree because what you are seeing is not what I am seeing at all. He has no problems dribbling on the right, and he's spent plenty of time playing on the left.

Kane hasn't looked right physically since the World Cup. He might never be at the level he was again.

9. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Sure he dribbles on the right, I just think he does it better on the left. Anyway, let’s agree to disagree indeed, time will tell. (In the middle just behind the forward could be another long term option for him)

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Burnout is real

Thenpace and soft pitches nowadays and the sheer amount of games and training g required to be at this level

Players will burn out more often and earlier

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I’m not so sure that’s entirely true tbh, I mean how much football has Ronaldo, Messi, Giggs ( when still playing ), Zlatan etc, there’s loads of examples of guys playing on into their mid 30’s and still going strong. I just think some guys maybe don’t look after themselves as well as they should.

I just think in Kane’s case, he’s still not fully over that injury he had last season.

12. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember Wenger once saying that Sanchez hated to be rested while playing for Arsenal. Now he's had a very sharp decline and had injury problems at United.

13. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    The wise thing to do with Kane, would be to rest him for one of the remaining qualifiers. Most likely one of the November games or at least sub him off early.

14. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we're qualified by November I honestly wouldn't even have him in the squad.

15. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He wants that England record. I wouldn't be surprised if he's pushing to start every game.

16. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC

Looks a much more sensible choice than it did at the start of the year. Just hope Lampard can hang in there long enough for a few of this lot to fully establish themselves.

17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Even so, it's still the wrong move I think. Chelsea need him, they can't afford to punish him. I don't see what would have been lost by allowing the contract to run down and then choosing whatever was best for his future from there.

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's been at Chelsea since he was 7, IIRC., and is loved by the fans so I'm guessing he thinks it IS the best choice for his future.

19. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Sure, but even if he let his contract run down he could still sign for Chelsea, with a juicy sing-on fee on top.

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The thing is, with ALL professional sportsmen, they'll want to protect themselves going forward. As you say, he could get probably a sign on fee, (although I'm not sure what the terms of his new contract is anyway, tbh... maybe he IS getting a signing bonus of some sort), but if he got crocked in the next few months it means his income ends immediately.

That's just the reality of professional sports contract. if you're out of contract, you're out of contract.

As it is he's guaranteeing his income for several years and well before he's in danger of that happening. of course, the other thing that might happen is that maybe his form will suffer a drop off which will reduce his income in the same period.

Why take the risk if he supports the club and wants to play for it anyway.

21. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    I think Kanes had to get every last drop of talent out of himself to get where he is and push his body harder.Maybe he'll have to change his game a little and become more Teddy Sheringham type player.

22. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kane is an excellent finisher but in the past 2 seasons he seems to be getting fewer chances.. for England he seems to link well with Sterling and score loads so I don’t mind. He’s probably the best finishing striker in Europe (if you don’t count Ronaldo as one)

roverman repped this.
  23. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    It doesn't get mentioned much but Kane is a very good passer. His link play with sterling is one of the reasons I think he may start to play more like a no10.

roverman repped this.
  24. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    This is something he's had in his game since his earliest breakthrough. I could see him playing as the 10 with someone like Tammy Abraham as the out and out 9.

25. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Any updates on Mount's injury?