England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not taking sides, but I've liked some of Guardian's takes on things regarding football.

This is why I don't post wild accusations on YouTube so it can get tracked back, but then again I don't hold grudges or debate idiots in comment sections. Simply let them wither and die.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Words of wisdom, dude... words of wisdom :)

But the only thing I would say is that, generally speaking, most of us on here can manage to make a footie point without bringing in peripheral matters which have got feck-all to do with football.

We have a pretty lively politics board and, if people want to go there and discuss stuff... have at it... I do a fair amount of woffling on there myself.

But THIS is about the England football team board. Let's just keep it to that, shall we?

W.A.S.P., JRSG, ChristianSur and 3 others repped this.
  3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well said sir!

The Guardian repped this.
  4. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #3079 The Guardian, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Very occasionally, over the years, instead of recoiling, one has to step forward when entering a bigoted, crude, Left-wing cesspit (like the Dirty Hari you tube pages) to candidly press home a few home truths. It's a dirty business, but someone has to do it.

Anyway, it's for their own good. And one day they'll probably thank me for it.

But yes, you are perfectly correct, the Christian herbert (who funnily enough claims to have me on ignore) shouldn't be putting it up on here (a football forum), as indeed most members find it very irritating of him. The forum was so much better before he turned up..

5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #3080 The Guardian, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    A splendid point, if the "Big Man" wants to call a female politician (alive or dead) a ********, he should do it on another forum, not on this football forum - twitter is very popular for that sort of thing, I gather, for people like him.

6. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yeah, agreed. But ultimately, this needs to be said when someone brings up a divisive figure like Margaret Thatcher in a transparent attempt to provoke a reaction, rather than when people unsurprisingly respond.

thebigman repped this.
  7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was merely making the point that Everton fans were delighted by the signing of Rooney - but with a quip. It wouldn't do, if everyone was depressingly po-faced and humourless as you.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Your a racist old bigot but feel free to post

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    This is boring.

hussar repped this.
  10. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think I have some opinions that would be viewed as racist or whateverphobic by some people on here, but I leave that aside because I'm not good at debating politics, but am pretty sure of my stance of where I stand. This is a football forum and want to talk and see England related football posts.

I think the forum has gotten better with @ChristianSur because he's inciteful with his football knowledge or at least rules.

11. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But yes let's cut this politics shite out.

Zips15 and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  12. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    When he's not busy being inciting things he's sometimes insightful ;)

13. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Can't see him doing that. He's got too much invested in his vendetta to give up now.

14. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Indeed, calling people who disagree with them racist is a standard tactic of the Left.

15. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You're not wrong. It's in Saul Alinsky's book as well. I do agree that whoever calls someone a racist without any knowledge of the person's background, is a bellend. Especially to someone like me who probably hates racists more than a member of the Left really does. There are quite a few actual racists on the Right but equally the same from the Left.

16. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't wait until the season starts again so we can move on...

17. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Ok, ^^this right here is the problem^^. Almost everyone seems to agree that this stuff is boring, but you ask people to cut it out and The Homophobe interprets it as a direction to everybody but himself. Never mind that he's coming in here a few times a week absolutely busting for a fight. Never mind that I didn't respond to a single one of his posts for more than two months and it made no difference at all - he just picked fights with other posters. My only interaction with him in that time was reporting his repeated attempts to derail threads with yet another tedious sermon on "lefties" or the flipping Press Awards, which PC Barry helpfully removed. He's been doing this all over the internet for at least seven years and nobody here is giving him any reason to stop.

Seriously, if people are not prepared to tell The Homophobe to wind his neck in when he's looking for an argument, then don't whinge about it being boring when he gets one. It's very simple: you can ask the entire world to ignore him (and good luck with that), or you can put the blame where 90% of it actually lies. If it was actually causing a problem for him rather than everyone else, then maybe he'd shut the ******** up and stick to the football.

BC11 and thebigman repped this.
  18. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I will now resume ignoring The Homophobe's posts. He will now resume picking fights with anyone he can. Enjoy.

19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It took Harry Kane 79 seconds to score on his England debut.

ChristianSur repped this.
  20. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Stop talking about it and ********ing DO IT!!!

Time waster.

21. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Homophobe? More like home field advantage for England coming up as they play Slovakia and Slovenia in Wembley, while they take lesser opponents, Lithuania and Malta away.

22. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Time waster? More like game management, which is what our Three Lions will probably do in our last four games as they're all winable.

Marcho Gamgee and ChristianSur repped this.
  23. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If someone asks me a question, or makes a comment that needs clarification (from a comment in passing) I'll make an effort to answer it. Even if it means it goes on and on for days. For example, me having to explain how to pronounce the name "Davies" and thinking of famous people over the years with that name. Trust me you depressive little herbert, I could well have done without that.

24. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    It took The Guardian 79 seconds to start a fight with someone on his trolling debut.

25. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    What's your point?