England Senior Squad-general Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by sinner78, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Yes, it was a monumental ********-up between him and Hennessey. Which is a pity because he was the best Palace-player on the pitch before. Otherwise Duncan Watmore's cameo was more than encouraging (Barry posted some stats of it in the U21's thread).

2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah its was a good cameo by Watmore, very direct with his running caused Palace a few problems. It is a bit weird with him though, I think someone on here compared him to Jamie Mackie and can understand the comparison as when he runs he looks somewhat awkward and out of control but its deceiving as he does have good control and has far more talent than someone like Mackie.

3. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    So that's it for taking Jack Grealish to the Euros (which would have been premature anyway).

4. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I've never had much time for Grealish. In fact, I'll be content never to hear of him again.

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I can't see how Grealish can be ruled out for certain considering a month long or less spell of good performances can get you into the squad. Still plenty of time for any player in that certain age bracket to break into the squad.

6. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Given his attitude problems, he should perform on 150% in the near future, in perhaps the worst team of the league. I would have thought the Euros had been too early for him anyway, but now it's almost mission impossible.

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Na, this should be the making of him .

Hopefully he'll sort himself out and play out of his skin for the rest of the season ..

8. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Oh yeah. Another shockingly embarrassing miss from Lingard last night - after the balls-up with the lob in the previous game.

9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    That makes two then as Sterling missed an absolute sitter as well!

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It's what he does, I guess.

lol

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    So Sturridge is injured AGAIN and been sent for a scan! Good God, maybe he should just retire!

12. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    It's always a gamble to predict which youngsters will make it, but still interesting to see a Guardian journo's England squad for the 2014 WC. While we have a young squad now, not exactly happened for the most of them:

Team for 2014
    Joe Hart (Manchester City); Martin Kelly (Liverpool), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal); Jack Rodwell (Everton); Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Josh McEachran (Chelsea); Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool). Subs: Frankie Fielding (Derby County), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Conor Coady (Liverpool), Jack Robinson (Liverpool), Ravel Morrison (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Connor Wickham (Sunderland).

13. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I do find it most odd how delicate so many players appear to be. I felt obliged years ago to send a note to Sturridge (and Welbeck and maybe Wilshere) advising taking an "aggressive course" of silicon supplements for a lengthy spell (and then a maintenance dose) to see if it may have a preventative effect in some cases.

Trouble is I suffer from the debilitating condition known as chronic procrastination. Or lazyarseitus as some doctors call it. Perhaps someone else will pick up the baton. .

14. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm afraid it might have to come to that. Ever since last season his body has been so brittle.

15. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There you have. Vardy scores his 11th straight goal, which breaks the BPL record.

That's all great, but I hope he can transcend that into the England squad. One thing for sure is that we have some seriously inform strikers.

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Interesting to see Klopp suggesting very publicly that 'players' have to realise the difference between 'pain' and ' serious pain ;)

17. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #9017 The Guardian, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    This is one incident where I can see how a player could really lose his rag over a comment like that.

TitoTata repped this.
  18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Most discs fans I know want him gone now ... £150,000 a week for what !?

If he isn't robust enough to handle training sessions how's he ever gonna be a threat in competitive matches for more than a week or two .. I read somewhere that his father had a history of injuries so maybe he's probe to fitness problems

19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Think Sturridge should move abroad. He's not gonna last in the BPL tbh.

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Paul Parker was saying yesterday ( when Rooney was subbed off ) that his legs have done an awful lot of mileage over the years as he started playing regularly at such a young age ... maybe his legs are going all at once like Gary Neville did .

Parker also said that a few years ago Rooney was carrying United but now it's the other way around ...

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Who was it that was raving about Danny Rose a few days ago ??

I don't rate him at all ...... anyways he's having a nightmare against Chelsea at the moment ... I don't think he's managed to find a team mate with a pass so far and has kicked the ball out of play with two ' passes' and could easily have been sent off for repeat offending , he's also given a senseless free kick away and nearly hurt Hazard in the process .

22. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    More than likely sendorange who thinks this Tottenham side are better than 1970 brazil

23. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Phill Neville is now Valencia boss. He has been placed in charge after the manager was sacked..
    Im sure no one could have imagined we would see Neville in this position.

24. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And no one will notice just how embarrassingly bad his English grammar is.

25. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I quite like him as a commentator though.