England from a Yanks view...

Discussion in 'England' started by Badattitude, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Arrogant
    Overconfident
    Just not that good
    Not in the Breath of the Big boys - Germany , Italy etc
    Very unimaginative footballers
    Very little concept of possession
    Claim to have Invented the Sport but yet have a Swede manager
    Have a great league -which it's best players are NOT Englis,nor are the managers
    Do they come anymore overrated than Rooney and Lampard?
    Becks is all class
    England fans need a reality check as the sport is a world game
    1966 - just one World Cup and many feel that was tainted b/c it was in England
    Perhaps England players need to follow Woodgate and Hargreaves(your best player who is a Canuck) to other countries to ply their trade.
    Inventors of the Sport -and I'd say only slightly better than the US

2. Heinz

Heinz Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Evergreen State
    prepare to get flamed :p

3. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata

You've got to be joking.

A Yank giving the english some stick over their world cup performance.

As an Argie, even I'm insulted... you Yanks don't belong anywhere near the world cup! Talking crap as if you're holding some respectable position in this tournament. As if you've ever contributed anything to this great game called football.

Besides, if anyone has the right to slag the english its the argies..

'nuff said

4. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Lampard is overrated?

But despite having 4 of the best central defenders in the world, the best LSB (A.Cole) and two best central midfielders in teh world (Lamps and Stevie), they are crap?!

Thanks fellow Yank. You've just pushed back football intelligence in our country about 20 years.

Finish high school. Get an education. Learn the game. Hell. . play it once in a while. With a real ball instead of a PS2 controller. You might learn something.

Oh. And please move to another country or just pretend you're from somewhere else.

5. jrod69

jrod69 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    NYC
    I dunno I think its just the way English players are trained they lack

creativity , dont really pass the ball well I mean short passing ... rely too much on crosses and long balls...

england need more guys like j cole and lennon starting instead of beckham

6. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    I didn't say they were Crap - I said they are overrated -and go read the Newspapers in England today -they are getting ripped -especially Lampard and Rooney. Sir Geoff Hurst ripped Rooney as well.
    The US went to the final 8 in 02 and were robbed by a moronic Scot ref who missed Frings handball Dononvan's apparent goal on the line. Yes, this WC was not successful BUT we were in the Group of Death IMO and Italy may come out of that group and win it all.
    No, we are not as good as England - but England is nowhere as good as they pat themselves on the back to be.

7. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't you just title this thread from your point of view and not a Yank's, because you don't speak for us.

Typical a**-hat comment we deal with all the time here in the states.

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

A feckin yank coming in here to spout bollocks when our u17 kids would thump their....knats....bugs....whatever the hell they call them.

Quality.

9. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Truth hurts - you should know...Duff, JoseM,Ballack, Sheva,Carvallho,Gallas, etc on and on -ALL NON English players...

Yeah yeah - you're youth team is loaded- I know just like your "nat" Team....So loaded they pulled a "Tony Cascarino" and brought in Owen Hargreaves ...

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ban you? - you're laughable, priceless in fact.

People like you are to be treasured, because you obviously have a deep festering problem with England.

Every time I read a post of yours now, I'll be right chuffed knowing that somewhere out there, there is a poxy little cvnt really bothered every time the entire media world refers to the Prem as the best league in the world.

Hey - have a good night :)

11. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    'chuffed" would that be like stuffed? or would that be like amused...

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    You're another one thats quality tonight.

Although, I'll give you credit for showing up though - most of the yanks are still snivelling with their tails between their legs.
    Of course, the exception is to the ones that are still running around these boards trying to convince everyone that donovan really is a world class player.

pmsl.

13. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Afraid of what? Soccer is not our sport - but everyone knows we are the top athletes in the world....Summer and Winter Olympic domination..Golf, Tennis, Track & Field Tour de Shethole....on an on....
    Soccer is just something we'll keep getting better at....and it may take another 15 years - but we'll get there. Think about it - in 02 not too long after getting embarrassed by Iran we got to the Final 8 with "athletes" on our athletic ability...those players are and were average footballers...

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I saw us lift one at Blundel - probably before you were born kid.

Now, bog off.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    But, you're not the top athletes in the world.

Thats just media drivel spouted to keep you lot happy.

There's an interesting thing on the telly right now - all about how Lance dopped his way to winning races ;)

16. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So basically you joined BS today, the first day of Jul 2006. Thanks for the valuable input so far.

17. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    No we are the Top in the World - not even close...Summer and Winter Olympic domination....in my country you're innocent tp proven guilty - Lance is the clean 7 time Dominator of France...

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    How did the basketball team do in the olympics, didn't they have professionals at it....:D

I saw an intersting thing on the telly yesterday about baseball - terribly boring sport - about how that hulk with the giants should get no recognition because of the doping scandal.

Doping in your top athletes is a recurring theme eh?

Like I said - it's just media drivel to keep you lot interested.

19. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Actually, the US does relatively poorly in relation to its population. And in the winter Olympics just finished, it didn't even win the most medals. Interesting "domination".

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/medals

20. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    That's the one "sport" the US dominates post-Eastern Bloc: doping.

21. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sorry to spoil the fun - but I forum banned a couple of folks in this thread.

22. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a Super Moderator trumps a BigSoccer Moderator, I see how it works now- thanks

23. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Trump? Nah - I was just trying to assist. I was an England fan today and I personally wouldn't want to have to read this crap today.

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aw shucks - I was having fun too :)

25. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The trouble is the Portuguese are socks they've been trolling here for a week, they can dish it out but they blubb their eyes out when they get some back, expect the same sock different name to reappear shortly.