End of an Era - Goodbye GOAT Cristiano Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahnaf, Romanero, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  2. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    This is a huge mistake. Should have kept him another season or two.

saadomar, Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  3. Marco B.

Marco B. Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Jun 2, 2018
    Terrible mistake. Really disappointed

Lyra, saadomar and yoanaidarov repped this.
  4. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is no words to describe him ant what he gave to this team.. just like that. GRACIAS, CRISTIANO

5. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Meh, time to move on. Thank you Ronaldo.

Hsain85 repped this.
  6. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Oh well he'll be missed but life goes on.

Hsain85 repped this.
  7. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lost zidane,already needed more goals with ronaldo and now given away the best goal goal scorer in football in the same window because flo didnt want to pay few million extra to him? Terrible idea.

ABB94, saadomar, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  8. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Yeah losing Zidane and Ronaldo is pretty hard to take. This season is going to be a train wreck.

saadomar and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All this because those fans applauded for bicycle kick??!

Well I dont give a toss about the WC now. One of the saddest days as a Madrid supporter this. Irreplaceable figure.

silver., Romanero, ahnaf and 2 others repped this.
  10. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Whoever comes in needs to have the a similar drive to Ronaldo. Annoyingly, our team is very passive, especially in attack, a lot of the time. Ronaldo seemingly was the only player hustling for space and making runs.

Dybala, Icardi, Bale and James.

Make it happen.

11. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Life goes on
    Good luck in Serie a only :D

Digital, Shay Z, Umar and 1 other person repped this.
  12. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks for all the goals and titles.

Life goes on. The team is bigger than him.

Digital, surgeon, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Remember those games without Ronaldo that we played wonderfully? Hope to see more of that.

Unfortunately I predict a terrible scenario with average Lopetegui as a coach, Benzema as the starter 9, Bale getting injured after a promising start and the Spanish crew (Asensio/Lucas/Isco) doing their best to avoid further humiliation. Damn I hope I'm wrong.

Ronaldo was great and we'll miss him but that day would come sooner or later.

He'll add at least 3 or 4 Scudettos to his silverware. As for CLs, I'm not so sure.

14. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Juventus fans must be creaming their pants at the moment. I would laugh so hard if this means Dybala and half of their squad has to go.

15. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thank you Cristiano for the memories. Not my favorite player , however I cant argue his achievements and what he gave to this club. Good luck out there.

Digital, Horsehead, natenate101 and 4 others repped this.
  16. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    This is the thing, replacing Ronaldo should not be that difficult. As great as he is, and he was the bloody greatest, we just need a goal scorer. We do need to change the shape of the team as it was heavily geared towards supplying Ronaldo but bringing in two great forwards should be enough.

hector_br repped this.
  17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't count how many games he took the team on his back & earned us invaluable results. End of a huge ********ing Era. His never say die attitude is whta separated him from the rest.

I love you Cristiano Ronaldo. GOAT. Thanks for everything. Back to crying now ....:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So long legend. The memories that he left with us will last a lifetime. Forever, one of the greatest if not the greatest player to wear this shirt. Hopefully, one day, he'll return to the club.

19. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #19 CR7PT, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Ronaldo's goodbye letter translated in english:

"These years in Madrid, and in this city of Madrid, have been possibly the happiest of my life.

I only have feelings of enormous thanks for this club, this fanbase and this city. I can only give thanks to all of them for the love and affection that I have received.

However, I think that the moment has arrived to start a new chapter in my life and therefore I have asked the club to accept letting me leave. I am sorry it is like this and I ask all of you, especially our followers, to please understand me.

These have been nine absolutely marvellous years. These have been nine unique years. It has been an emotional time for me, full of consideration because Real Madrid takes the most out of you but I know very well that I won't be able to ever forget that here I've enjoyed football in a completely unique way.

I have had on the field and in the dressing room some fabulous teammates, I have felt the heat of an incredible fanbase and together we have won three consecutive Champions Leagues and four in five years. Together with those I have the individual satisfaction of having won four Ballon d'Or and three Golden Boots. All during my spell in this immense, extraordinary club.

Real Madrid has conquered my heart and that of my family, and that is why more than ever I want to say thanks: thanks to the club, to the president, to the directors, to my friends, to all the coaches, doctors, physios, incredible workers that make everything function that are attending tirelessly to every detail.

Infinite thanks one more time to our fans and thank you also to Spanish football. During this incredible nine years I have played against incredible players. My respect and my recognition goes out to all them.

I have reflected a lot and I know that the moment has arrived for a new cycle. I am leaving but this shirt, this badge and the Santiago Bernabeu I will continue to feel as something that is mine wherever I go.

Thank you to everyone and, of course, like I said for the first time in our stadium nine years ago: Hala Madrid!"

20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not a mistake to sell him, but a big mistake is the amount.
    Also, if neymar follow, it will be even a bigger mistake.

21. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I'm somewhat okay with the price especially when you take the savings in salary. But yes, if we dump that all on Neymar then that is a mistake.

22. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    What the actual fnck!!! Never thought this day will come that will see him play in a different jersey. Heartbreaker.

ABB94, Romanero, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  23. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Wow, this is actually crazy... Thanks Cristiano, for everything.

We better buy a fantastic player now...

Deep Pal, Romanero and Lyra repped this.
  24. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sad day but it would one day happen anyways

25. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So funny we play Juve on Aug 5th :rolleyes: