End of an Era - Goodbye GOAT Cristiano Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you Cristiano and fuk you Perez.

As I said before, it all went downhill since the referee blew his whistle after the CL final for the club..

2. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I think we will be alright.

Don't understand why some are angry or depressed. HE WANTED TO GO. It's his decision. I guess he wanted more money. To him money is more important than being at Real madrid.

Florentino did the right thing. Time to revolutionise the team. I'm excited.

ahnaf, S1na, saadomar and 3 others repped this.
  3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to build a statue of him outside the Bernabeu when he retires.

We love you Ronaldo, thank you for all the glory

madridista_hr, Anon., Tobias19 and 8 others repped this.
  4. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    You can go support JUVENTUS FC now if you like. I imagine there will be a few new fans who will probably switch teams 'cause of Ronaldo :ROFLMAO:

5. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With who exactly though?

6. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Ronaldo did have a never say die attitude in some games but there were games where he would only complain and do absolutely nothing but wait for the ball.

Yes, he's the GOAT but just as he pissed in our 13a celebrations I don't feel bad by saying now: He was frustrating to watch sometimes and if we do some smart shopping this summer, we'll be good to go. Maybe even more balanced to fight for La Liga.

Digital and S1na repped this.
  7. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was a Real Madrid fan before ZIDANE joined Real Madrid, so fuk off baby.

8. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It seems people started watching Real since 2009 or something. Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane, Redondo, Raul etc all did leave the club at a certain point and we are still the greatest and biggest.

Do you support the club or a player?

9. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sad to see this day come, but I feel it was necessary this summer or next, and it might as well happen with the coaching transition

The financial savings of the transfer recouped plus wages is good enough for me, the club doesn't hold players against their wishes, and Juve was probably the only suitor

CR7 gave us a fantastic 9 years and brought the club back to fantastic heights, thank you!

I am excited about the direction and possibilities of the club going forward and also a little excited to see what CR7 can prove in Italy

RMSocrates and Digital repped this.
  10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ƭяιиιтʏ, Bear Crotch and Zidane05 repped this.
  11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, sad day. I really thought he'll retire here and we will be arguing if at 37 he should start every game.
    Thanks GOAT, a goal machine ahead of anyone on that skill.

Tobias19, Zidane05 and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just wanted this rumor of him leaving to be untrue. I was hoping he was haggling Florentino like he does every summer and then we'd give him the 30 ME. He is getting the same amount at Juve anyways, so why leave? I'm guessing both sides of this issue had been fed up. We can't afford to give an aging player so much, and the aging player is the GOAT, so he's taking it as an insult. But the writing was on the wall. He was no longer gonna be our player after what he did. Both him and Bale chose to trash our party before it even started in Kiev.

Anyways, I won't remember him for this small fiasco. In the grand scheme of things, he's the best player I have ever witnessed in this team's jersey. He will be our top scorer for a long time, and what he has done for us will be hard to beat by any single player. He was our talisman and pride. We will miss him dearly, but we understand why it had to be done.

Goodbye, CR7.

Lyra repped this.
  13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So much memories, so much greatness. We were all witnesses. No words can describe what he meant for Madrid all these years. Gracias Cristiano, forever Madridista!

Horsehead, Bear Crotch, Tobias19 and 3 others repped this.
  14. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    There's no leader in the attack right now, a strong character or anything. Right now we have Benzema and Bale, let that sink in for moment.

If we don't get the right players ( Neymar /Salah/ Hazard), we are in deep deep trouble.

There gonna be endless days when we will miss him.

What would disgust and hurt me the most is if we get to play against him in UCL.

I don't understand this new charitable stance of the club at all.

Lyra repped this.
  15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd love to paint him as the villain because it'll easy my unhappiness. But it'll hurt a while even still.

16. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Considering his personality, the drama he has caused the last couple offseasons, and the unfortunate remarks he made right after the CL final, the way the actual transfer was handled is probably the best we could have hoped for. He wanted out, we sold him. The letter he published certainly helped.

Horsehead, MaxY, Digital and 7 others repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's funny because some of us were mad that we didn't wrap up Mbappe before Morata was sold, and that turned out wonderfully. Let's hope this doesn't pan out the same way. "We will be alright". I sure as sh** hope so. Because now we have a 45+ goal gaping hole in our team and any player we want is priced out. I get that he wanted to leave. But we should've had our replacement lined up yesterday. If this entire summer goes without any signings again, Idk wtf we're gonna do.

At least Zidane isn't here to block every fncking move we make.

18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CR7 is CR7. GOAT. Zidane, Figo and R9 might be very best at what they used to do, but they were not the gamechanger Cristiano so often turned out to be. It's natural for us to feel the pain and anguish. I wouldn't make fun for that

saadomar, CR7PT and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point I'd sell Benzema, make Bale a number 9.

Get at least Firmino and Hazard. Salah would be a extra.

20. DeRay30

DeRay30 Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good luck to CR7. Very excited for times after Ronaldo

21. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So many memories. So many happy years. What a glorious era it was.
    Hope you do great in all the years you are gonna play except against us.

Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  22. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Let the transfer talks be in the transfers thread

Shay Z repped this.
  23. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When there's smoke, there's fire. One of my favorites to ever play the sport and one of the greatest Madrid players of all time. Immense talent, passion and commitment to the game and a testament to shear hard work and determination. He is a once in a lifetime player and his presence at the club will be sorely missed. His output will be difficult to replace but if he's determined to leave then we will all have to live with the consequences of this decision.

Mixed emotions right now but I think the club needs to make its next decisions very carefully to carry this team forward. All of our players will be held accountable for their performances since there is no longer a Ronaldo to fall back on. Didn't think he'd retire at the club but this move is happening earlier than I thought.

Farewell King.

24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Cristiano Ronaldo in Real Madrid:

438 Games
    450 Goals
    4 Champions League
    3 Club World Cup
    2 UEFA Super Cup
    2 La Liga
    2 Copa Del Rey
    2 Spanish Super Cup
    4 Ballon d'Or
    3 Golden Boot
    3 UEFA Best Player
    2 FIFA Best Player

Mr. Pink, Lyra, temesgen and 14 others repped this.
  25. Joao Bibliotecario

Jun 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Been great watching the CL knockout rounds these past years with him rising to the occasion so many, many times. I followed RM b/c of their Portuguese players, Pepe, Coentrao, Ronaldo, but now I'm a Juve fan. RM is definitely one of the most hated teams, despite the CL being lousy with superteams for some reason Barca is the hip pick and RM is a boring Wal-Mart of a team. But it wasn't that way to me.