Emmanuel Sabbi at Le Havre

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 28, 2013.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. kickin365

kickin365 Member+

Mar 4, 2002
    What is that actual prize? Looks like an angry bird stuffed animal. And why is the guy presenting to him is wearing a winter jacket in early August! Bizarre

4. Woodland76th

Woodland76th Member

Dortmund Borussia
    United States
    Aug 8, 2018
    Yes, the 2nd goal was awesome. I even liked the clean up goal as stated above.

5. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    1st goal showed some of his amazing athleticism. Read where the ball was going and just exploded in one step.

6. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I saw a woman in Chicago getting frozen yogurt a few weeks ago in a down jacket.

It was 93 degrees. Froyo doesn't cool you off that much.

mike4066 repped this.
  7. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alexisonfire and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Really not worried about Italy capping Sabbi. Ghana, maybe, but they have a lot of talent, too.

That said, Sabbi should get a call-up soon, not because he has international options but because he has earned it.

9. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Anyone else just absolutely stunned at whats happening with him? I just forgot about him as quickly as I learned about him 18 months ago, just seemed very "blah," but now, good lord. Pretty amazing development and a great reminder to never make firm and decisive judgments on young players w/o giving said players plenty of time to continue to find their way as professionals.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That. Was. Filthy.

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  11. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    His skills and speed were very good back then as well. Decisions making was severely lacking. That's not easy to fix, but if he managed to overcome it he might jump to another level. Tactical Danish league might be a right place for him to learn.

12. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
  13. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assists?

14. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    That would be impressive. His club scored 6 goals.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  15. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Wow that video.

If this guy was in MLS we’d be talking about him as often as we talk about Carleton.

He’s definitely worth calling up for the Sept or Oct friendlies, but let’s hope he keeps it up.

Sombrerito repped this.
  16. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    I believe he has 1 assist (T-market credits him with one too), but also drew a PK that was converted by someone else. Maybe they're counting that as an assist

Edit: The assist that Transfermarkt credits Sabbi for was the penalty drawn actually

17. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Wow that means he’s been involved in all 6 of their goals.

UniversalAdvice and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  18. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well he’s 22 and Carleton is 17.

19. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    18 and 2 months approx

20. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the classic "he's a dual national, better cap-him-now" scenario. He's earned a callup with his play, not his passports.

He's young and scoring in the Danish Superliga, that's a better league than anyone else we have at striker except for Weah in Ligue 1. What with Gall coming on with Malmo, hopefully Amon coming back for FCN, that U23 team is looking not so shabby (IDK if Gall is eligible for that team).

That's forgetting about Sargent, but I'd like to see some sub minutes when the Bundesliga starts up before I get back on that hype train. U23 goals just aren't enough!

21. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    bund u23 goals at his age are as good as sabbi's goals in a terrible league at his age.

the kid seems ok but people need to relax with the every time a kid scores a goal...call him up...he is the best (whatever position) option the usmnt has. At this point they should be calling up around 50 guys lol. someone needs to get left out sorry.

22. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Sabbi is 20.

23. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is another reason to cap as many youngsters as you can. One year he is struggling and the next he has found his way. Especially
    when they are teens. Pulisic went through a nightmare scenario and hopefully has a great year. Sargent is still very young, but many things can happen. This guy is coming together and still very young. No need to drag feet on him. You know his other options are watching.

24. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I was just quoting the article. I think the point was to go ahead and call him into camp since he's in form and considering how shallow our striker pool is. But yeah..... After the utter failure of not paying attention to Bjorn Johnsen.... CAP HIM NOW! :p

ChuckMe92 and USSoccerNova repped this.
  25. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gall is too old for the U-23 team.

Counting Pulisic as a No. 10 and Weah/Sabbi/Sargent as forwards, the wingers for the the U-23 team look like Amon, Carleton, Taitague, Lennon.

Winoman repped this.