Emmanuel Sabbi at Le Havre

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    It would make his transfer value go up a bit, but the problem is that the price level and inner logic of the Danish transfer market is well known to foreign clubs and agents, due to how many transfers and how well scouted Denmark is ... I mean, in this summer transfer window there have so far been transfer sales worth around $48 million in the Superliga, both internal transfers and sold to foreign clubs and the foreign offers made on Sabbi from abroad have so far not been on pair with the offer made by Brøndby that was rejected. Simply because they know that Hobro has one of the smallest budgets, they would like to sell and they will be the one of the prime candidates for one of the 3 relegation spots.

2. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth, TxEx and BostonRed repped this.
  3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #503 Ceres, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Both Sabbi and Cappis played the full 90 minutes for Hobro when they lost 0-2 at home to Brøndby, while Yosef Samuel and Deedson were warming the bench.

Transfer news :

During the match one of the TV3 Sport commentators said that 2 more Americans are now on trial at Hobro and will be playing for the reserves .. they also made the joke that it must be because the road to Hobro stadium, DS Arena, is Amerikavej (America road) :

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hobro+Idrætscenter/@56.6331395,9.8171264,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xee573e1b79096eac!8m2!3d56.6331395!4d9.8171264

https://map.krak.dk/?c=56.633787,9.823751&z=14&q="Amerikavej, HOBRO";204573065;geo

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    "The Amerikavej" sounds like a nice nickname for this club, that is becoming Yank Central in Europe.

Sadly it's one of the worst in the league.

Ceres repped this.
  5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I know I was cut short and respect your ruling, though I personally believe in the unlimited freedom of speech ... but I also hope you will respect that I'm now going to link to another thread in this forum regarding this issue :
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/sc...football-thread.1699620/page-17#post-38077968

freisland, Gorky and Winoman repped this.
  6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Superliga :
    FC Midtjylland v Hobro IK, 1-1
    0-1 Pål Kirkevold (84)
    1-1 Erik Sviatchenko (90)
    Attendance : 6,978

Hobro line-up (4-4-2) :
    Jesper Rask – Jesper Bøge, Anel Ahmedhodzic, Rasmus Minor (C), Mathias Haarup – Emmanuel Sabbi, Mikkel M.P, Christian Cappis, Oliver Thychosen – Pål Kirkevold, Edgar Babayan.

Subs :
    Oliver Thychosen <--> Yosef Samuel (77)
    Emmanuel Sabbi <--> Brandon Onkony (87)

Bench :
    Adrian Kappenberger, Nicholas Gotfredsen, Don Deedson Louicius, Hamse Hussein.

Highlights :

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Don D. Louicious is such a comic rapper/adult performer name it's not even funny

russ, Gorky and Suyuntuy repped this.
  9. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh*

freisland and superdave repped this.
  10. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Meaning what exactly ?

11. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't mean anything, exactly.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It means he deleted a hilarious post of mine. He’s a mod, so he hates happiness.

13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It was directed at superdave for being... less than super...

14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UniversalAdvice repped this.
  17. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Transfer news:

The Brøndby Director of Sport has revealed that their former German U-21 NT winger Hany Mukhtar has gone abroad to negotiate his personal terms with a club, rumored to be an undisclosed MLS team ... Mukhtar has been injured and left out of the Brøndby squad so far this season and if he is to be sold and move abroad, it's not going be before the winter break the Brøndby Director of Sport said.

But this could still be good news for a Sabbi move to Brøndby, because Brøndby have also send their former German youth NT attacking midfielder Besar Halimi on a trip to Germany, to negotiate a deal with either Hansa Rostock or Regensburg and Sandhausen from the German 2. Bundesliga, so they may need to buy a replacement, though their main problem quite clearly is their defense, which yesterdays 0-3 home loss to AGF Aarhus also confirmed.

https://beta.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/bif-boss-forventer-mukhtar-afklaring-tirsdag
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/hany-mukhtar/profil/spieler/146155
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/besar-halimi/profil/spieler/152241

18. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today I watched the LA teams go at each other and in my opinion they are not above the league that Sabbi and Cappis play. I still see in MLS a lot of control issues or lack of quick passes. I think both Sabbi and Cappis can hang in a friendly.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Denmark is an under-appreciated league. IMO they're about at the strength of the Eredivisie, and by far the strongest Scandinavian league, because right now the Allsvenskan and the Eliteserien are at their weakest.

comoesa repped this.
  20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I've enjoyed watching the Superliga on ESPN+. However, I've wanted to see something like a 12-team Scandinavian Super League. Fours clubs each from the Sugerliga, Eliteserien, and Allsvenskan. Two get relegated to their home country's domestic league and the two champions from those countries are promoted. No idea how qualification for Europe to work, though. In my head I could see: FC Copenhagen, Midtijlland, Brondby, Nordsjaelland (Superliga), AIK, Malmo, IFK Goteborg, Hammarby (Allsvenskan), and Molde, Rosenborg, Valerenga, SK Brann (Eliteserien). Outside of Molde and Rosenborg picking the other two Norwegian clubs is the hardest.

21. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Transfer news :

According to Hobro Director of Sport Jens Hammer they still consider signing the young American defender Rayshaun McGann who made a good impression when he got to play a reserve team game as left back for Hobro while being on trial.

The Hobro reserves were fielding 3 guest players, Rayshaun McGann, a Zambian striker by the name of Romaric Pitroipa and the young Danish striker Anton Søjberg from the Danish 2. Division (3rd tier) side Brabrand IF

But it was especially Rayshaun McGann who they found to be so interesting that they consider signing him as a prospect for the future.

- "Right here and now we look good in defense with Sandi Putros and Jacob Tjørnelund, who will soon be back [from injury], so it is not a position we need to reinforce right now" the Hobro Director of Sport said, but continued.

- "So what we're considering right now is whether or not to sign him [as a prospect] for the future."

- "He has a really good left leg, and he made a couple of good runs up-field and is good offensively, while at the same time being careful defensively. I like that."

Jens Hammer confirm that they would like to have a further look at McGann, and so far his visit at Hobro is indefinitely.

The second test player Romaric played 79 minutes, but he has already been sent back.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/rayshaun-mcgann/profil/spieler/368906

22. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The problem with the Superliga is not lack of good players, but that too many of them are sold at a fairly young age, and at a rate so that their coach is not able to slowly build up a team that is not too inexperienced to do well in the Europa Cups. When you have to start over building a team, over and over again, you are going to lack the needed stability and experience, even if you are fielding some very talented players.

23. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  24. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Both LA teams have 2 players each that would be the best attacking player in Denmark.

25. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #525 Ceres, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Are you sure ? ... I'm mean, Teemu Pukki who right now is the top-scorer in the English PL, was at no point the best attacking player in the Danish Superliga the 4 years he played there before moving to Norwich a year ago ... and arguably not even the best attacking player for Brøndby, that would be Kamil Wilczek who was Brøndby 'Player of the year' in 2018. and non of the two have managed to become topscorer in the Superliga.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/teemu-pukki/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/46972