Emirates Cup tickets 2011

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by Barciur, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Barciur

Barciur Member+

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Hello guys
    I am planning to go to London for a couple of days to watch the Emirates Cup. The problem is that I will probably need to buy plane tickets earlier than Emirates Cup tickets go on sale if I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Are they certain to gone on General Sale? Because I certainly am not willing to shell out all that money just to go and not have a ticket for the Emirates Cup. Any piece of advice would be much appreciated. I am not a member of Arsenal America at this moment btw.

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    These tickets are fairly easy to get and don't cost an arm and a leg. You might even be able to get tickets on the day of.

That being said, I haven't heard anything on the Emirates Cup which is a bit unusual.

3. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year they announced the teams and fixtures for the Emirates Cup at the end of April, the year before it was the beginning of May. Either way, that should give you about 3 months lead time, which is more than enough. And as ArsenalTexan has said, tickets are easy to get, i wouldn't even worry about it.

4. GWGunner

GWGunner Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went last year and had my plane tickets a couple months ahead of time too. Tickets were easy to get through my Red membership with Arsenal. (Didn't have to go through Arsenal America ticket request like I have in the past.) Like the others said, tickets for this cup shouldn't be hard to get, I believe we could have even gotten them at the box office on game day.

5. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    So psyched! :D

6. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You going?

7. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am. Are you? ;)

8. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I wish...hoping for a late Sep or early October to coincide with my trip to Rome for a wedding.

9. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Pretty sure, as it looks like RBNY will be involved and Dyl might never speak to me again if I don't take him!

Wedding photos overlooking the Forum...molto bene!

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Jamie Dalton says: Buzz tonight is that Lyon, Boca Juniors and New York Red Bulls will be the entrants in this summer's Emirates Cup.

Jamie Sanderson (Young Guns Blog) @JamieDalton82 - PSG have already accepted an invite, according to @TheGoonBlog and @GoonerTalk, so not sure that's correct.

Then someone says when spoking to the organisers in the summer, they say they always like to include a Scottish team. Someone says it is Rangers turn.

I personally believe that there won't be a Scottish team as the SPL is starting in July next season. Plus I rather PSG didn't come back because this would be their third time in it.

So hope this helps with those on the fence about coming over.

11. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lyon and Boca might be fun, but it would be sad to see Henry come back with such a weak team.

12. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Who'd he score against the other night...? ;) Weak? :cool:

13. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I really don't care too much who is there unless they are teams that have been there more than twice.

14. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    I made up a song for Nick the other day. He didn't like it. It's to the tune of "Thierry Henry."

Thierry Henry,
    Thierry Henry,
    He just scored a brace,
    Against DC

15. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one that I support. ;)

16. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  17. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
  18. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If anyone knows of someone who may haved 2 spare tickets for the Emirates Cup on 31st July, then I have someone looking for them and will take them. Drop me a line if anyone hears anything. Thanks. Jeff.

19. Peng Shen

Peng Shen Member

May 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my ticket in the mail yesterday. Now i have to book a place to stay for 2 nights.

20. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Do you want to be more central to London or to Finsbury Park?

21. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There is a place that I recommend called the Dover HOtel, close to Victoria Station and Buckingham Palace. On the Victoria line, so about 15 minutes to Arsenal and you are in central London. Reasonably priced for a central London. They have a website to check it out.

22. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If you don't mind a hostel, I recommend the Generator which is by Russal Square and Picadelly line. Might run into supporters of the other teams. Last summer was fun hanging out with the Celtic lads. However my head and liver hated me afterwards.

Cheap hotel, Travel Lodge at Kings Cross.

23. Peng Shen

Peng Shen Member

May 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the suggestions. I dont mind a Hostel. Will check them out on Hostelworld.

24. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You still haven't said where you want to stay. In London or near the Emirates?

25. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You may want to check out St. Christoper's Inn Hostels. There is one in Camden Town, which is not quite central London but close to, and also close to Arsenal as well. Plus there are 7 members of "Arsenal Slovenia" coming over and meeting up with me, and they are staying there. We will be in "The Gunners" before the game. If you go there and see them, mention my name. :)