Emerson Hyndman

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Scotty, May 31, 2015.

1. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't this announcer used to do Champions League on ESPN during the first decade of 2000's.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know that,
    just looking at the team in general, he scored in a game where they got trashed which is a shame.

3. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

And wow, the quality of that match today was terrible. I love me some Aaron Hughes (one of the unsung heroes of Fulham's great run 7-8 years ago) but the fact that at age 37 coming off stints in Australia and India he can walk into the starting lineup of a top half SPL team...

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    care to elaborate

5. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #205 iad_22201, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    He was never going to play outside of cups for Bournemouth this year. The injury had nothing to do with his lack of playing time.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't really make that claim tho. We don't know what would have happened. While he wasn't looking to walk into a starting role any chance he had of impressing and getting a chance was stripped with the injury in preseason. Was it an up hill battle yes but saying the injury is irrelevant is wrong.

7. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, I saw him at Fulham last year. It was obvious to anyone who had been paying attention that Bournemouth brought him in for the future. If he was a player who was only an unfortunately timed injury away from contributing in the PL this season, he certainly wouldn't be out on loan at Rangers, of all places...

ShadowMoses2 repped this.
  8. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Derek Rae. Great voice

Magikfute, Jazzy Altidore and Kagler24 repped this.
  9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree he was bought for the future but Eddie Howe also plays youth a lot and gives them chances. The injury slammed the door shut on him having a chance. Going into preseason he would have had a fair chance to earn a spot. He was injured and lost a chance to prove himself that no manager would give to a young player they have no experience with during the season.
    The addition of whileshire didn't help either. But your assertion that he never had a chance to play is unfounded. He would have been afforded a chance and he lost said chance with his injury.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  10. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #210 iad_22201, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Nah, it's perfectly well founded.

I'm well aware of the fact that Howe gives chances to young players, but not to young players who clearly had as much work to do to be PL ready as Emerson did when he arrived this past summer. But feel free to keep believing in the fantasy that he was an injury away from playing in the league this season....

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    FWIW, the people in Up The Cherries (Bournemouth fans) are following him closely and expect him to return to their club and get a chance.

12. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was the original voice for the Revs back in 1996.

Back then he used his "American" accent almost exclusively even when meeting people in public. I met him around the time of the '94 World Cup when he was trying to get his foot in the door here in the US and had no idea he was Scottish which is impressive considering how thick his accent is.

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree he did not seem premiership ready, and don't think he would have broken into the lineup regardless of the injury. Nevertheless, I'm happy to see him progressing well.

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless your name is Eddie Howe your claims are unfounded and pure speculation. Your claim he had zero chance to play in the EPL and only chance was Cup play cannot be backed up by anything but guess work.

I'm not saying anywhere that he was a lock to start but simply his injury cost him a chance to see PT for them in any type of game. It was a injury at a poor time that cost him.

If anyone is living in fantasy land it's you man. You're completely looking over everything I'm saying and focusing on your own point.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  15. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not guess work, informed observation.

16. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    So an educated guess then? Look, no one is saying he was going to play a lot this year, but the notion that Howe knew from the moment Emo signed he wouldnt play would make Howe pretty ignorant; and he doesnt strike anyone as being that. Preseason is always important for any new player, Hyndman getting injured insured he wouldnt play much if at all. I dont think anyone is qualified to say he was NEVER going to play regardless.

truefan420 repped this.
  17. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ms. Hyndman, is that you? The guy made a prediction, as we all do on this website. And this particular prediction is one in which reasonable minds can differ.

18. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it wouldn't. Plenty of clubs sign players with a view toward them being contributors down the road. Especially when they're young and come in on a free transfer, like Hyndman.

19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really man. Got to come into a conversation that has litterally nothing to do with you with a snide remark. Way to stay class Jazzy.

It's ok to make a prediction but that's it, it's a prediction he's claiming to be fact which it's not. And that my statement that his injury in preseason cost him any chance, no matter how remote, of playing is well within reason. His that he would have never played is speculation (tho he's claiming it to be fact).

This conversation has wasted more of time then it's worth so I'm dropping it as it's clearing going nowhere.

SamsArmySam repped this.
  20. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Hyndman is turning out to be a very divisive player. Why don't we just let the kid play?

21. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't the point of this website to take part in conversations that have nothing to do with you? How would anyone get a conversation started in the first place?

truefan420 and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't need to come into the convo like a dick tho...

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  23. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://twitter.com/RaeComm

24. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @iad_22201

Well, Hyndman can only perform against the teams in front of him. I also I think your judgement of Hyndman is too strongly based on his time at Fulham while he was getting accustomed to the pro game.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  25. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #225 iad_22201, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Well, yeah...

The only judgment/opinion I've really expressed here with regard to Hyndman is that he wasn't ready to be a PL player this season (preseason injury or not), an opinion I developed from watching him over his 15 or so appearances for Fulham last season. I think that judgment/opinion is holding up pretty good in light of his loan to the SPL...

ussoccer97531 and matabala repped this.