Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Edu seemed to do well at Rangers. He was a consistent starter and had loads of trophies with them. Beasley was mostly injured. I guess Bedoya was a bust same with Kitchen.

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Some laddies are just a wee menseless.
    He ignores Reyna and Bocanegra of course.
    Disparaging Edu is stupid. He played a ton for Gers, had to have had 30+ apps in all comps in 10/11 when they won a double and got to group in CL. And another 30+ season in 11/12. So if he was "pish" what was the rest of the team?

3. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    One's bum can also get warmed up.

From repeated whuppin'.

4. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Your reading comprehension is shocking. You only see what you want to see. Delusional. Why would I have mentioned Reyna and Boca? They didn't fail. I was pointing out all the dross from The USA. Well done, Edu started 30 games in 1 season, the most in a 4 year spell. What's a menseless Laddie? Is that an American phrase?

5. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #5180 The Irish Rover, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    It's Brae Scots, meaning a graceless, ill-mannered little boy who lacks propriety. As an individual word, mense is a cousin of mensch which is a rather widely used word on your side of the Pond and with a broader meaning.

Personally, I'd gone with cack-handed numpty, but that's just me.

Winoman, nycfc919, DeCoverley and 2 others repped this.
  6. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I like how every league seems to have one designated and (sometimes overly) enthusiastic defender around here.

7. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    I wait patiently for the day for someone to disparage the Slovak Super Liga

8. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    5,4,3,2,1 . . . Go

And what a load of shite that league is. Mind you, it's not as bad as the SPL. Just mention Artmedia Bratislava in Glasgow . . .:p

9. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Nobody likes the truth on here. It's constant delusion. You always think Americans who don't perform abroad are blameless. Hyndman's "team mates at Hibs not being up to his standards" being the most deluded thought process for him being very average in Edinburgh.

10. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Both shite. Not as bad as The Irish League though. LoL

11. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I've been on these boards - and this thread - for . . . too f$*#ing long (according to my daughter) but nobody's ever accused me of being a fanboy for an American player who tanks abroad.

As for my saying that his Hibs team mates weren't up to his lofty standards, I've said that he looked better than the squad average but failed to impose himself on games, which is not the same thing: virtually the exact opposite in fact.

Maybe your reading comprehension might need a little work.

Winoman and DHC1 repped this.
  12. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Never been to an Irish League match, so I can't speak from any experience. I've been to a few League of Ireland games though. Awful stuff.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    "you" in this context being the general consensus of the posters on Big Soccer. Not precisely you. I thought that was obvious. Reading comprehension? The ironing is delicious!

14. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I much prefer the gaelic games myself.

15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    In other words: you were wrong. It's ok. It happens.

16. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    [​IMG]

frankburgers and TheFalseNine repped this.
  17. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Could you please put forward a cogent argument next time you reply. Or any argument at least. Nothing I said was wrong "menseless Laddie." Because that's how people speak in Scotland, isn't it?

18. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
  19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Indeed, saying Edu had 1 "30+" start season is wrong. He had 2 and 125 apps total at the club. But I'll leave it here. You're wrong and seemingly too slow to understand, or too stubborn to admit. Such is life "wee laddie."

Speaking of wee Weah laddies, I will be excited to see Tim in the SPL. And excited for him to be on the 2nd place team (and 2nd best in Glasgow!).

20. pauljf

pauljf Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    This is spectacular. You miss the point every single time. You see what you want to see. Reading comprehension once again. Stop referencing Scots words when insulting me. That's called cultural appropriation. I know you think it's hilarious that Scottish people have 'funny' accents and that your knowledge of the country ends at kilts and words from the 14th century, but that doesn't give you the right to use them. Stop being so ignorant.

21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder

Guys, take your lame squabble off line.

Winoman and eliwood repped this.
  22. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Dont @ me bro

ttrevett repped this.
  23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It's true, I do think Scots folks have funny accents, especially my Grandpa's. His Dalry brogue was charming and funny and he could tell a heck of a joke.

It is also funny that you show up in a US footy forum to insult American players and then get your feeling hurt when you are shown to not even know the number of seasons that Edu started over 30 games, which is especially funny since a few of those games were CL against top comp.

I'm sorry I know more about Rangers than you do. I'll try to know less in the future.

Meanwhile, it will be interesting to watch wee Weah.

24. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In other words he's no true Scotsman?

Some comments for everyone, not just pauljf :

It's neither accurate nor fair to say that YA posters are all one thing or another. I've been moderating these boards since 2008, I think. There has been a pretty healthy mix of US based YA detractors and defenders on the boards throughout that time. That's fine. Both perspectives and those in between are welcome, as long as they abide by the guidelines for participating in the forum (no personal attacks, etc.)

Nor is it true that all non-US posters approach YA like they're bringing light to benighted realms, thank goodness. One of the things that has made YA a favorite among BS forums for me is the participation of posters who know the leagues in which YA's play. And they're allowed to defend the leagues and teams they support from what they might perceive as unfair commentary, just as other posters are allowed to critique them. Again, this must be done within the guidelines for forum participation.

Which leads me to this:
    1. This conversation is starting to get personal (by which I mean people are starting to make comments about posters rather than the game). Please stop doing that. Again, I'm talking to everyone, not just pauljf.

2. This thread is devoted to Emerson Hyndman. To a certain extent, broader comparisons are warranted at times in order to have a reasonable conversation. But a discussion that oscillates between "SPL sucks" and "No it doesn't" doesn't meet those standards. So perhaps it's time to bring the discussion closer to home. A bit more direct pertinence to Mr. Hyndman would be a good thing at this point.

Thanks.

25. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some truth in this.