Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He needs to go somewhere. He barely surpassed triple digits in minutes this year in senior level matches. This year he had fewer minutes in senior level matches than he did in 14-15; 15-16; and 16-17 and by a fairly significant margin. Admittedly those were in the SPL and Championship, but it is concerning.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, we've known about Emo for forever know. He pretty much predates every prospect that people now care about. In a generation where it seems like all of our national team is going to be made up of '95s and later, he was the first one people had really high hopes for.

We're all very aware of Emo, and have had hopes for him for a while. Even though he didn't play for like a full year and a half, he's still been one of the highest rated midfielders on these boards.

EricSunRa repped this.
  3. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    so who is out then? pulisic? parks? mckennie? I mean they can't play with 10 10/8/6 players in a squad you saw what having too many 8/6 in squad can do the last friendly.

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    From a match report:

Hyndman 7 I thought he played quite well with some nice passes and he got his foot into some good tackles although the Burnley midfield certainly had more control of the ball.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Erm,

1) because he was gassed (this is his first start since, well, you know . . .)
    2) because Howe had seen all he wanted to see
    3) because Howe wanted to have a look at another fringe player
    4) because Howe wanted to try different tactics at a key point in the game

There are many legit reasons

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Just rewatched his 58 minutes and enjoyed the heck out of it. Smooth and confident, kept up with the speed of the game and busted his butt from the whistle. Outside of that heavy touch on the Bego outlet pass, I don’t recall a single turnover.

Great job by @zlebmada as always on the gifs.. EDIT: Don’t Tread with the content.

995882685343174656 is not a valid tweet id

7. Sylvius

Sylvius Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was very clean on the ball, as always. Even on his single giveaway (which was 1/2 on him, 1/2 on Begovic for a poor distribution decision), he hustled back and knocked the ball off the Burnley player for what should have been a goal kick. We need a larger sample size at this level, but I see no reason he won't make a step up to see more regular first team minutes given a healthy preseason.... just love this guy so much.

wixson7 repped this.
  8. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    pretty hard to read into one match after a long period of relative inactivity right? guy needs a string of matches before you would really have any idea as to where he is, which seems rather unlikely in the premier league

9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Nothing says Happy Mother's Day like your first appearance in the Premier League

10. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    No

wsmaugham repped this.
  11. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    No please.

freisland repped this.
  12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    K. I'll leave it alone.

y-lee-coyote and ebbro repped this.
  13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    None of this is even relevant here. Move to the MNT thread somewhere else please. C'mon people, use some posting discipline.

Winoman and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Howe on Hyndman's debut.

and some user-friendly gifs...

995882685343174656 is not a valid tweet id

15. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Nice comments.....

It was always going to be a tough game for him when you consider he hasn’t played and it was a difficult environment because it was an end-of-season game,” Howe said according to the Bournemouth Echo. “I thought he did well. It was difficult for him against a team like Burnley with how they play and their strengths, which are not necessarily matched by Emerson’s strengths. But he showed real quality on the ball and composure when we needed it and that experience alone will do him the world of good.

“From my perspective, I desperately wanted to reward him for everything he has done behind the scenes. He has trained well, improved and been dedicated to his profession. He has not once shown a bad attitude and has performed to a high level in training.

“His league debut wasn’t given to him, it was earned and that little taste will, hopefully, whet his appetite for the future."

Sombrerito, sakibomb523 and Winoman repped this.
  16. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bear with me, folks. I just worked an 11 hour day and am a bit...what's the phrase I'm looking for? Let's go with "grouchy as all ********".

1. I just deleted a 48 post troll-a-palooza.
    2. It was started by an off topic post. This is why we can't have nice things, people. It starts with people posting about national team stuff in the YA forum and all of sudden people are wantonly feeding chicken bones to puppies.
    3. How about a game day thread?

17. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given it seems Emo has a shitty agent, a more simplistic and plausible option, since apparently he's not aware there's a sizable continent called "Europe" which lay due East, is to have Emo go on loan to Fulham next season.

18. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming he stays healthy this summer if he can win a rotation spot he should stay.

Aiming for 1000 minutes next season would be a good goal.

wixson7 repped this.
  19. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I'll be highly disappointed (again) I'd be different get a call up for the Ireland and France games. He's earned it, in my opinion.

20. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    #4295 wixson7, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Booooo

Kudos to de la torre but no way Hyndman isn't a better choice here for these friendlies.

adam tash, Zinkoff, wrench and 3 others repped this.
  21. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might have been nice to get him in the shop window, but it's also good to give him a long break so he can come into camp 100% health for B'mouth.

Thundering165, Winoman and wixson7 repped this.
  22. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Corona or Hyndman? Some habits die hard. How many more feet do we have to shoot ourselves in?

23. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Portugal or Italy. I would wager he'd be more aligned there.

25. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    That is a bit disappointing. It seems he solely focused on the EPL as there many leagues he is more suited for than there and especially the Championship. He is going to need to run this team to get brought back into Bournemouthe.

On a positive note, their first preseason game is in 2 weeks and currently have 29 games scheduled through the end of the year, including a preseason game at Ibrox. Anybody know of options to watch the Championship or just Wigan. When he was at Fulham all games were on their website within 24 hours. Wigan doesnt seem to do that and it looks like ESPN+ only shows a couple games a week.

Tom Collingsworth and wixson7 repped this.