Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He still got time. So far he doesn't start posting old pics of his time with Rangers on his Instagram, there's hope.

Is it me or he sort of looks like the "serenity now, insanity later!" guy?

[​IMG]

Midas Mulligan and KicksNgiggles repped this.
  2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a nice assist:

4. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?

5. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Hyndman is going to challenge Lletget soon for youth team warrior in England

6. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has like 4 more years to go for that one, come on

LouisianaViking07/09 and bsky22 repped this.
  7. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    At this stage, my main hope for EH is that he continues this path and ends up back at FC Dallas.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I don't see it. He's in a bit of a tricky spot: too good to let go, not yet (considered) ready to contribute. But still, and mostly just judging from his SPL minutes, I can't imagine he doesn't breakout somehow.

If he's showing up everyday, bossing the reserves and being the good, hard-worker he is rumored to be, his chance will come, whether by injury, suspension or loan and he'll be equal to the task.

Would be nice if he got a good winter break loan to the Netherlands. I've had fun dialing back into some of those games.

Winoman repped this.
  9. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I have mixed feelings about another loan. I would hope the club commits to give him run here and there, it would mean the club sees him as having a chance to be a part of their plans. If they see no real shot for him to earn a spot as a squad player by seasons end then a loan isn't a bad option.

freisland repped this.
  10. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    He should push for a permanent move away this transfer window. Bournemouth clearly doesn't rate him, as he never even makes the bench on a side that has struggled much of this year. He's not going to magically go from not making the bench to getting substantial playing time. It is what it is, luckily for him, his EU passport provides less barriers to entry for Spanish, French and Italian teams. He should have options, and Bournemouth in theory shouldn't be stingy about selling him for a small fee since they got him on a free and clearly don't value him

adam tash and russ repped this.
  11. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Wouldn't be shocked to see him released if he ends up asking for one.

Signed on a free and never came close to establishing himself with the first team. Could be released... could be sold on a small deal... could get another loan... but that seems pretty pointless at this point.

russ repped this.
  12. Streaky Bacon

Streaky Bacon Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Did you come here looking for starting news or even bench news?

Fuggedaboutit!

[​IMG]

TheFalseNine repped this.
  13. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Transfer already! At this point, come back to MLS and regroup.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  14. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS??! nah...he's got the euro passport....oughta use that first ....MLS should be a last resort.

15. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can always go back. Right now he needs pt.

16. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unfortunately thats not the way it works...euro clubs care about how old the players are that they sign...they want these players young enough to flip them for a profit. so, if he comes back to MLS, mostly likely it will lower the potential that he actually plays in a big league someday, imo.

russ repped this.
  17. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed - but i'd rather he go to league one to get it over mls. not sure what that says about me . . .

18. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silver lining - at least he didn't just finish up his 3rd year in the NCAA . . . so, he's probably gotta a nice little sum in the bank. yay, emo!

19. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    He hasn’t broken through at an EPL side in less than a year and a half after being injured in preseason both seasons and he should transfer or come back to MLS? MLS seems like the worst possible career decision at this point. He should go out on loan at higher level than last spring and re-evaluate after the spring. Another fall at Bournemouth probably wouldn’t be a bad thing as at a minimum, they’d probably want to give him some minutes to make an actual sale.

Outside of Pulisic and McKennie, breaking through quickly isn’t the expectation for our players. As long as he is improving, which has been the case every time we see him play. He shouldn’t panic and focus on the best long term decion for his career.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 actually Lletget left in 2015 at 22 years old. Hyndman is 21.

21. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t see it as a panic move. He’s simply not breaking in at Bournemouth. Granted, he could transfer to say, the Eredivisie or the equivalent, but how’s that so much different than MLS? Aside from his injury issues, it rivitalized Lletget. Emo isn’t getting any younger.

22. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Eredivise gives access to better leagues at age 24 after years of experience starting.

23. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because one models itself after the develop/sell blueprint and is heavily scouted and the other does not and is not.

Never mind I think Emo generally leans more towards a more tactical style of play where quick touches/movement are the emphasis. I'd actually say France.

Look at it this way, success in the Ered or Ligue 1 creates far more opportunity than success in MLS.

USA-Zebuel, USSoccerNova and adam tash repped this.
  24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Why would an Eredivisie club be interested in a Premiership (= expensive) guy who has almost never played for his team and has been riding pine for a season?

25. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because a scout or director saw tape or a performance they liked. Or got tipped by someone entrusted who did.

Just answering the hypothetical.

I hope Emo isn't valued by Bournemouth high enough to dissuade interest from wherever.