Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  2. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Not an SPL fan really and don't think the quality of football is all that, but it certainly has to be better than what he is doing at Bournemouth.

I wonder if they have had a talk about whether he is in their plans for this season? If not perhaps he can find a loan at the break. If so, whatever level he goes on loan, he needs to be on the pitch and making an impression.

This next quarter looks to be a bit easier for Bournemouth and maybe if they could get out of the drop zone it might help our lad see the field.

I can see where a manager would be reluctant to give a prospect time, even if he rated said prospect in a relegation battle. Yedlin did play, but we see what happened to Sunderland, even if a green raw Yedlinny was miles ahead of Glen Johnson.

I rate the kid, he has game and he mostly puts in a good solid shift. Sure would like to see him make a breakthrough in the PL.

wixson7, Winoman and DeCoverley repped this.
  3. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    if you aren't a Brit, you better go in for a check-up

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You seem nice.

5. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Lets be honest the EPL and Bournemouth were ALWAYS going to be a terrible choice for him. I think this season is going exactly how most expected it to go, he's really wasting his time there is no way he gets any type of significant minutes the rest of the season, I'd gladly take a bet with however thinks otherwise. Idk why so many young US talent is so enamored with the EPL knowing they won't get a great opportunity to ever start. Send more kids to Germany, Holland, Spain, hell even Belgium. Wasted talent, whats upsetting is why anyone didn't see this happening months ago.

Starman* repped this.
  6. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    You don't "send" players anywhere, they have to be wanted. The EPL is a top league that pays top money. Pretty obvious why players go there if offered. Pretty obvious why Americans don't go to Spain or Italy. Virtually no history of success there.

Jazzy Altidore, WrmBrnr and russ repped this.
  7. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas

[​IMG]

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Not in the 18 this weekend, obviously being rested for next week's huge U21 clash vs Plymouth Argyle.

#snarky

9. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #southcoastderby

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I've already given up checking.

11. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Well, whether it is injury, form, lack of fitness, or whatever, the USMNT is playing for absolutely nothing next week, and a 22 year old, a 21 year old, a 19 year old, and an 18 year old were called in ahead of Hyndman for Portugal.

His third USMNT cap is moving into the distance.

wixson7 repped this.
  12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    On the plus side, with our players, reputation grows with their absence.

Another year not getting called for the NT and Emo will be an expected savior.

13. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [QUOTE="DCFAN96, post: 36031529, member: 39851" Idk why so many young US talent is so enamored with the EPL knowing they won't get a great opportunity to ever start. .[/QUOTE]
    1. agents are steering them there.
    2. they think the EPL is the best so they go there.
    3. i dont think many of them have a nuanced grasp of the entirety of the euro football landscape.
    4. the wages are highest in EPL.
    5. i dont think they know they wont start when they go there and so they make bad decisions.
    6. Michael bradley told jozy that sunderland was a good move for him and encouraged him to go there :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:eek:
    7. they speak english as the main language there and not in most other places.

i agree that i would advise us players not to go to england if possible.....but its better than scotland portugal and denmark, imo. there are worse places a player could go. its a better option than MLS too, imo. so much that goes into it....but if they are just gonna wallow in the reserves it is definitely not good and worse than being in MLS.

14. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't care what he's done or not done in the last six months, I would have preferred to see him over Bedoya.

And I like Bedoya as a player and person, and I get his current role.

But I've seen enough from Hyndman to know he fits in with that current group of CM in Portugal.

15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    He can still tweet it appears: (can't get pix to display and too lazy to try any more. have to click on it. sorry. Just at training snap.)

929065497106309120 is not a valid tweet id

Suyuntuy and wixson7 repped this.
  16. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I'm obviously biased, but there really is zero reason he shouldn't have been invited to the camp. He is officially in no man's land.

And the pic of him with the wall dummy is as sad as it gets.

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    More than one "Come back Gers need you" repy on that twitter thread.

TheFalseNine and wixson7 repped this.
  18. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I wonder if he just isn't very good? Whenever I have seen him he has always looked good, but against Celtic was the closest to top flight competition I have seen him play, and he did not have one of his better games.

I sure would like to see him make it through a whole preseason and be healthy on opening day.

wixson7 repped this.
  19. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    This comment made me laugh..

“There’s a place that you must return to in order to fulfill your destiny”

freisland repped this.
  20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I saw(at least in speed-through replay) all or most of his Gers performances. He wilted in the Celtic match for sure, but he's not the first player to be overwhelmed a bit by that rivalry.

At the same time, he was clearly often one of Gers better players - and certainly better skilled players. So while he may not be good enough to play center of the game for an EPL club fighting to stay up, I find it hard to believe he's not good enough to help someplace.

Emo would not be the first younger player to be stuck between "we think he's got enought potential we'll keep him around, but he's not good enough that we're confident we can rely on him yet."

Unfortunately the best cure for that situation for the player is a loan where he can play, but EPL and FIFA rules have made that difficult if the club makes a decision at the start of the season to keep a player, then come to believe they haven't matured enough to warrant play.

Hopefully Emo gets a loan for Spring.

21. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Emo must confront Vader if he wants playing time.

deuteronomy, Suyuntuy and DeCoverley repped this.
  22. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice Twitter pic. I'm glad he's enjoying his time riding pine at Bournemouth.

23. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wonder what conversations, if any, he's had with Eddie Howe.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Darth Surman has a ring to it.

25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team: