Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    [​IMG]

EricSunRa and The Irish Rover repped this.
  2. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I do believe they are staying up. Get money, some help and maybe bring back EH. If not, he kills it in the Gold Cup and gets offers. Or he goes to another club at a higher level and gets more seasoning. Either way, his future is brighter than mine.

3. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Doubt he'll be missed. He's played in 27 out of 33 games, but nobody's talking of him in terms of things he's done to make anyone sit up and take notice.

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Unless he has some relegation clause in his contract, he will not be going to another club. EH will be their starting CM in Championship (if they got relegated). And Fulham promoted.....ugh....darn you irony!!!!!

5. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Not. Going. To. Happen.

Maybe Fulham will come up, but Bournemouth are 7 points ahead of Swansea and have a GD that's 13 goals better (OK, OK, 13 goals less bad) with five games to go. They've got all-but-gone Middlesborough at home next and Sunderland away after that. Win either of those and they're on 38 points, needing - at most - 3 points from 3 games against safe teams.

They're not going down.

jnielsen, sXeWesley, dwsmith1972 and 2 others repped this.
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Oooh! BURN!

bwhahahahahhaaaaaaa! Ikillme!

7. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just reiterating this. No one outside the current bottom 4 is going to go down.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  8. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And you'd back Hull to be the ones to escape. They've been "doomed" since the first day of the season, but they've shown fight and belief from day one, and the (arguably unfair) coaching change brought in a guy with a serious track record as a No. 1 coach.

At this stage it's about which team is bloody-minded enough to f#*k the other three over, and so far Hull have shown it. None of the others have.

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Fulham promoted, hahahaha. Ah, these kids.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, one could probably bet the farm against that this term, iffin one were so inclined. I just hope it ain't our man Ream that sabotages the effort.

11. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    wixson7 repped this.
  12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/e...outh-return-following-impressive?ICID=HP_BN_3

The U.S. national team prospect has thrived after making the move to Scotland, keeping his Premier League dreams alive for next season.

Hyndman’s goal at the moment is to finish his run with Rangers in good form as he prepares for a return to Bournemouth, where he is hoping to compete for playing time next season. His name has been linked to transfer rumors, including interest from Celtic, but Hyndman is intent on battling for playing time at Bournemouth after having injury cost him that opportunity last summer.

“That was the goal when I came here, to get playing time and find my form and earn experience to help me in England,” Hyndman said. “I know Bournemouth has been keeping tabs on me and I feel good about competing for (playing time) next season.”

“I hope to have a shot maybe at the Gold Cup in the summer — that’s what I’m aiming for,” Hyndman said. “I think that’d be a good time to make an impact. You never know, that’s out of my control. All I can do is try to work hard and get into the squad.”

13. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Aim higher than the Gold Cup, young man.

wixson7 repped this.
  14. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gold Cup is high when you haven't gotten a call from the coach.

It's at least a starting point to prove himself worthy of the opportunities.

jnielsen, TxEx, Just Offside and 9 others repped this.
  15. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    How Wilshire's broken leg can have any bearing on what Bournemouth do with Emo next season is beyond me. Wilshire is an Arsenal player (contracted until June 2018) on loan for the season. If the season is over, so is the loan unless the borrowing club makes an acceptable offer.

Why would Bournemouth make a permanent offer for a Wilshire when 1) his loan has been OK but scarcely inspiring, 2) they would have to pay his CL-starter wages, 3) they would have to pay a transfer fee, and 4) he has a troubling history of long-term fitness and injury problems? The money they'd spend to acquire him would get them Bobby Wood twice over.

16. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    He should skip the Gold Cup and focus on Bournemouthe. He should be in the squad for WCQ in June... we'll see.

17. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. I don't like our young Euros missing preseason training for a 2nd rate tournament, especially one where Mex won't even send their A squad.

At best you miss a couple weeks of training and arrive late and behind your competition. At worst you get injured and miss the entire preseason and first part of the season or more.

GC Final is July 26. EPL opens Aug 12. I really don't know why the GC doesn't start earlier. Euros ended on July 12 last year for example. Much better timing. GC actually starts July 7. Way too late for me.

Winoman repped this.
  18. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3243 deuteronomy, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Ahhhh, so, young player should say no when your country calls, putting some hypothetically perceived opportunity around self interest first.

Lol, @ the Majesty of Big Soccer.

Emo, if Bruce calls, pack your boots, come running and show the United States and the world what you got. Do the next right thing, keep doing it and things will take care of themselves.
    That's what the big boys always do and everybody knows it.

Figuring out some selfish direction is a slippery slope at best.

19. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    8 games in June and July aren't going to negatively impact his ability to compete in August for Bouremouth. He's 20, he'll be fine

20. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I'm not sure what EH should do this summer but starting pre-season late when you're trying to break into a team isn't a great thing.

I'll never forget the cautionary tale of Luis Robles and the 09 GC.

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If The Cherries survive the season, they're going to go on a shopping spree.

I doubt Emo will be trying to break into the team, come pre-season. It's more likely (and better) that he gets loaned again.

22. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    The problem is the preseason is almost over by the time August rolls around. Not that it changes anything, but he just turned 21.

Gold Cup Final
    July 26, 2017
    Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara

How does that compare to Bournemouthe's preseason last year? They reported on or before July 4th. They played two friendlies before and two right after that would be hard to expect him play in or make an impact. He'd likely miss 3-4 weeks of preseason and only have a couple weeks to get into the team. I'd say that's an up hill battle I wouldn't want him to be fighting against.

20 July 2016Friendly Minnesota United 0–4 AFC Bournemouth Blaine, Minnesota, USA
    23 July 2016Friendly Portsmouth 3–3 AFC Bournemouth Portsmouth
    29 July 2016Friendly Reading 1–1 AFC Bournemouth Reading
    30 July 2016Friendly AFC Bournemouth 1–0 Cardiff City Bournemouth
    3 August 2016Friendly AFC Bournemouth 1–1 Valencia Bournemouth
    7 August 2016Friendly Angers 0–1 AFC Bournemouth Angers, France

13 August 20161 AFC Bournemouth 1–3 Manchester United Bournemouth

wixson7 repped this.
  23. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    It is in the best interest of everyone. It does the team no good for him to show he's good enough at the Gold Cup only to lose out on minutes with his club. There is no reason Hyndman shouldn't be in the June camp, and obvious ones why the Gold Cup doesn't make sense for him. The kid needs to get his club career on the right track.

24. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's important for the NT is to have the best pool of players it can possibly achieve. Actively hurting players' club situations where they spend most of their time/career can have negative effects on both the individual and the program. And preseason is vitally important for youngsters looking to break into the squad ,especially in a league with massive money to throw around to replace you.

If it's a legit top tournament, WC, Copa A or Confed Cup, then I accept that risk. But a B team Gold Cup? I do not accept that risk for such a second rate tournament.

If you're a Jordan Morris, your club position is not under threat. So go to the GC. Little risk outside injury. If you're EMO you're fighting for your club career and as we saw last year, with a snap of the fingers your club can bring in a Jack Wilshere and your pathway is done. Your case needs to be made early in preseason so your club doesn't bring in others later in the transfer window.

Winoman and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  25. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Internationals usually getn1 - 2 weeks vacation after their summer international duty too.

It really does cut into the pre-season.

Winoman repped this.