ELIMINATORIAS, R5: Brasil x Uruguai, 25/3/16 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by omajac, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic. However, I do think DL needs some time away from the team. Even when he gets benched, it's for a very short period of time. Miranda was pretty poor too last night. I'd rather see what a TS-Marquinho partnership could do. Experience and class coupled with a quality talent. The only concern I'd have with that partnership is that we'd lose some stature for aerial balls, but if last night was any indication, we didn't do much in the air anyways.

MerlinRM repped this.
  2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe @lawsonishere can chime in better than I as I haven't seen too much Santos early on this year, but RO's form, while still decent, isn't as good as it was last season.

I would like to see Jonas get a shot as a sub vs Paraguay, although I'm not really a fan of his. Obviously I have my doubts about his scoring ability since it's being done in Liga Sagres, but I'd like to be fair before I pass judgement.

3. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    My take is he did it out of frustration. I don't question Neymar commitment to the NT. He does pick up too many stupid bookings though and it's been more prevalent under Dunga.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sarcastic of course. :D

I still don't understand how you give DL so much slack.

5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Pre-2014, David Luiz wasn't really an issue IMO. He played well. You could even make a case that he was out shining Silva at times. After the WC though, he has been a disaster consistently.

MerlinRM and Mengão86 repped this.
  6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Certainly not as much slack as you have a certain player last cycle ;)

7. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    From what the reports are saying, Neymar was very upset with the referee and Fucile, and went to confront them after the game. It was Suarez who took Neymar aside from being in more trouble.

8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Yeah, I heard that too. You would think the suspension he received would of taught him something but it does not seem to be the case. Ultimately, why is an opposition player the one that has to calm Neymar down. Where is our players again or where is dunga to remove Neymar from that kind of situation.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was under the impression the whole Dani Alves thing was a big joke. You actually don't believe I was a big supporter of his do you ? I am as surprised as you by his decent performances for Brazil.

10. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    How is Neymar the captain? The kid is still a hot head and looked like he was gonna have another end of game episode against Uruguay like he had against Columbia.

11. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    To be fair to him, he gets kicked game in game out, especially because of the way he plays.

I love watching him play, in this day and age of majority of robotic footballers.

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    #112 Kaka10725, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Neymar gets out of control though. Once he is frustrated, he turns into a complete hot head. It is a bad sign that your best player and captain has manage to get himself suspended in 3 out of 6 WC qualifying games.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #113 Emperor Adriano, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    I completly agree about Oliveira , he's had three really good games this year but that's about it. The form isn't what it was last year for sure but like you said still pretty good overall. plus the formation dunga uses is better for someone more mobile, I've even see Santos become more "dynamic" when Joel been subbed in. Not saying Oliveira's not moving well but you know what I mean. If I was dunga and I thought Jonas was at least average at holding up play I'd play him.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've met an agent who met him and said the same thing about him. That he is a hot head.

He is the captain because nowadays coaches don't want to hurt the egos of their primadonna stars. It has nothing to do with leadership. Although I don't rely know who if make captain in this team.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As if Neymar doesn't like to provoke players himself. I am not talking about regular dribbles. I think he actually enjoys getting kicked because he feels he is getting the better of the opponent.

16. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well Sideshow is suspended along with Neymar vs Paraguay!! So do we go with
    1. Alisson
    2. D. Alves
    3. Miranda
    4. Marquinhos
    5. F. Luis
    6. Fernandinho
    7. L. Gustavo
    8. R. Augusto
    9. D. Costa
    10. Willian
    11. R. Oliveira

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looking at the first goal from Uruguay, it's an inexcusable failure. Uruguay had possession for a while, we were set with all players in our own half, and Cavani shows up inside the box wide open. DL was marking nobody, but there should be a volante there. If you're going to lay back and wait for the counter with a 2 x 0 lead, you need to do it right. Absolutely ridiculous failure. Don't know if it's Dunga's fault or the players.

18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Luis Gustavo lose Cavani I think.

19. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes :)

20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gabigol and Felipe were called up to replace DL and Neymar.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd rather see Gabigol. Took long enough to involve him with the senior NT. But I bet Dunga won't bother....

Kaka10725 repped this.
  22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's hard to blame the players when the counter hasn't worked at all during Dunga II and the players have mostly remained the same.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Counter may not be working, but the defending shouldn't be that bad in that game situation.

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's the one picking DL and starting him game after game. TS makes one mistake and can't even get on the squad. What's the rationale behind that? It's on Dunga.

MerlinRM repped this.
  25. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    David Luiz has been bashed everywhere. Maybe, this finally get Dunga head out of his ass.