Eliminatorias: @ Argentina, Oct. 13 (R) (News, etc...)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by MetroChile, Sep 11, 2007.

1. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
  2. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    oh, Ok;)

El problema de Suárez es que juega en 2ª división (negoció muy mal en mi opinión).

3. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Es una lastima porque es un JUGADORAZO!

4. CHILENOdeCORAZON

Aug 27, 2004
    Canada
    Bravo la cago (in my opinion). He was caught flat footed, not once, but twice, period!! Not to take anything away from the free-kicks as they were both brilliant. But 2 steps or a dive to his left and he has at least a chance to tip it wide if not stop it completely.

It's too early to critique Bielsa's coaching. Perhaps the expecatations here were a little to high. Let's remember, it's upto the players to win the game on the field and not the coach ....

Regardless, the team just needs to come out with the 3-points in Santiago and nothing less.

5. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bravo made a mistake in not studying Riquelme prior to the game. Given that the wall blinds him and that the shots were taken well, doesn't negate the fact that he should read the kicks better or at least guess as to the direction of the shot. Also doesn't help in the fact that Riquelme has had a lot of off time to target practice.

Bravo being pegged to the ground on both shots makes him look impotent. An actual attempt for pure visual purposes would have looked better.

As someone else probably said, el Rambo Ramirez would have gone for it, maybe the wrong way but he would have gone for it.

6. Failed States

Failed States New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    My dad is from Rosario where Bielsa is from, and my mom was born in Santiago, Chile. So this Saturday I was paying extra careful attention at the game.

Personally those goals seemed unavoidable. The Chilean defense could have avoided fouling so close to the box especially with Riquelme handling the set pieces. His accuracy in dead ball situations is uncanny and that should have been the first warning sign.

Secondly, my impression of Chile was that they handled themselves well even after losing a man. The result could have been much worse, where morale gets low, and temperament runs high. Yet, Bielsa with the limited practice was able to keep the players focused even if chances weren't being created.

Thirdly, individual players are going to have to increase the pace, and pull off some better performances. Chile weren't able to pull off their objective and keep possesion of the ball and take it away from Argentina.

In Santiago this will have to change, and Chile will have to come through with their game, it's an obligation. Only then will we all be able to accurately determine tactical formations combined with technical ability.

It is only fair to judge the coach and the players after they get their chance playing at home.