ELIMINATÓRIAS, R12: Peru x Brasil, 11/15/16[R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by celito, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I'll give Paulinho this, he is good at getting himself in great scoring positions.

celito, XaviandXabi and StrokingMonkeys repped this.
  2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No one is mathematically qualified yet.

We have an 8 point lead over the 5th spot with 6 games to go.

Six games is 18 points up for grabs. Of course, the chances of not qualifying at this stage are almost small enough to ignore.

XaviandXabi repped this.
  3. StrokingMonkeys

Oct 4, 2009
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Don't worry... I believe in Paulinho! He will save us when we need him most...

Aaaaaaaaaaand, I woke up. ;)

If only this guy was slightly more clinical, he'd be leading the qualifiers in gols by now. He generates SO many scoring chances per game, it's sad to see him score less than Hulk did (another who generates chances galore but rarely closes the deal)

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know about the math, but I think a tie should do it. You have to consider the next 4 teams also play each other. But this qualifier is weird in that everyone is beating up on Bolivia and Venezuela. Either way, we are in.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh yeah ... and it looks like Neymar-dependencia is over. He didn't even have a good game.

MerlinRM repped this.
  6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    GJ with 5 goal and 3 assist in Tite 6 games. It would of been nice if he stayed in the brasileirao for another season or two.

We already have one Gabriel growth stalling in Europe.

celito and MerlinRM repped this.
  7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No kidding. I hope Man City doesn't screw him up. It's looking like he is what we've been needing.

8. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Indeed. But Aguero seems to be falling out of favor with Guardiola, I think GJ will get enough play time to prove his worth and earn a spot.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He did well with Douglas Costa. So there is hope. He could be in the hands of a shitty coach.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is the first 6 game winning streak in WCQ for Brazil since the 60s.

11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    how come Diego Alves is not the keeper for Brazil, surely he is better than Allison?

btw great win to keep the streak going, cant see you guys losing against anyone in Conmebol

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    The NT tend to make mind boggling decision but we had 3 coaches now not opt to used Diego Alves. Either that one hell of a coincedence or it's the Lucas Moura syndrome and something about his game they don't like.

I think Alisson is #1 right now because Taffarel likes him. I don't see him losing the spot either. He hasn't been an absolute disaster to be fair so far but he is untrustworthy in the box.

condor11 repped this.
  13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If I remember right, at least twice he was called up by Dunga and couldn't make it because of injury.

14. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    By Aswin Sankar 2016-11-16 11:21:38

The year could not have ended better for the Brazilian national team.
    After a poor start in 2016, which resulted in Dunga's dismissal after the elimination in the first round of the Copa América, the team beat Peru 2-0 on Wednesday in Lima, and now leads the table. The team led by Tite registered their sixth consecutive victory, and matched the record of wins in the qualifiers of João Saldanha's Brazil side in 1969. Brazil have 27 points with six matches remaining, and they've practically guaranteed qualification to the World Cup in Russia.

From the beginning of the current format of the qualifiers, when everyone face off twice, the fifth-placed team never had more than 25 points. By the rules of the tournament, the top four team will qualify directly for the World Cup, while the fifth contests a play-off with a representative from Oceania. The goals in the victory over Peru were scored by Gabriel Jesus and Renato Augusto, both in the second half. With his goal, the Palmeiras striker, who will join Manchester City in January, overcomes Neymar and closes the year as the top-scorer of Brazil, alongside Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho. Each scored five times this season.

Since 2011, the former Santos star was the top-scorer of the Seleção; he scored four goals this year. After dropping to sixth in March in the qualifying rounds, the team finishes the year with seven wins, three draws and a loss.

The year could not have ended better for the Brazilian national team.

After a poor start in 2016, which resulted in Dunga's dismissal after the elimination in the first round of the Copa América, the team beat Peru 2-0 on Wednesday in Lima, and now leads the table. The team led by Tite registered their sixth consecutive victory, and matched the record of wins in the qualifiers of João Saldanha's Brazil side in 1969. Brazil have 27 points with six matches remaining, and they've practically guaranteed qualification to the World Cup in Russia. From the beginning of the current format of the qualifiers, when everyone face off twice, the fifth-placed team never had more than 25 points. By the rules of the tournament, the top four team will qualify directly for the World Cup, while the fifth contests a play-off with a representative from Oceania. The goals in the victory over Peru were scored by Gabriel Jesus and Renato Augusto, both in the second half. With his goal, the Palmeiras striker, who will join Manchester City in January, overcomes Neymar and closes the year as the top-scorer of Brazil, alongside Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho. Each scored five times this season.
    Since 2011, the former Santos star was the top-scorer of the Seleção; he scored four goals this year. After dropping to sixth in March in the qualifying rounds, the team finishes the year with seven wins, three draws and a loss.

15. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I read we only need 4 points to automatically qualify.

16. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm kinda happy but very nervous about it too!! We seem to perform well in WC's after we have struggled in qualifying!! I don't want us to wound up like Argentina in WC'02, after running away with qualifying the year before!!

17. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh GOD don't jinx it.
    It's like when you said no country has ever won the World Cup after winning the Confederations Cup. And you know what happened last one right?

18. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Since Joao Saldanha.
    Let's keep this streak going !!!!!!
    Sad i will not see Selecao until next year, but..... at least I will get to see meu querido Mengao be Hepta Campeao!

19. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And remember what happened to Joao Saldanha?? Only thing is now at 85, Mario Zagalo is to old now to have a 3rd stint coaching us!!:sneaky::ROFLMAO:

20. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd love to see Tite call up Mariano Maia and Otavio

21. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha would like to see Tite threaten Dunga with a loaded gun...

omajac repped this.