Pre-match: ELIMINATÓRIAS, R10: Venezuela x Brasil, 10/11/2016[R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Just when I was about to say it has been a couple games since Allisson has done something wrong.

2. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Well, 3 points is 3 points, lads. On to Argentina in a few weeks. See you then.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    2 x 0 - FT

I will excuse the score line given the rain. We should have conceded 1 goal though. Venezuela had chances but I won't put too much weight into it. Normal to play a little more relaxed vs a weaker opponent after being up early.

With this win we take over 1st place from Uruguay and I'd like to thank the coach who made this possible .... the great Wanderlei Luxemburgo ! :D

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    MOTM was Gabriel Jesus IMO.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    A good night for us. We defeat Venezuela without Neymar, keep the clean sheet, and are now 4 for 4 with Tite, with 12 goals scored and 1 allowed. Neymar will be back for the Argentina & Peru matches - both will be hungry for points as Paraguay and Chile defeated them tonight.

I look forward to the match in Belo Horizonte. We drew them 0-0 on our last home WCQ against Argentina, in 2008, but beat them 3-1 in 2004 and tonight showed that they are in a difficult spot. Anything can happen, but if I was confident of a win in Buenos Aires (we drew), a victory is absolutely within grasp.

6. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well it's I guess we can say that barring injuries that T. Silva and Oscar will be getting called for the Argentina and Peru games!! You can't call up 2 players that been in the international wilderness(whether by choice or force) and don't play them and then drop them again!!

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Marquinhos and Miranda have been balling. You can't ruin that on the account that Silva is better than both.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    After last night, I agree with @Guigs, Paulinho's job is to not score goals. :ROFLMAO:

Kaka10725 repped this.
  9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There's no doubt that Miranda and Marquinhos have been playing very well all I was saying that after all the ruckus involving T. Silva, I was just saying that he shouldn't be dropped again cause he didn't get a chance to get on the field in 2 games after his yearlong exile that's all!!

10. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Unless they don't fit into the team in training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Willian's mom died of cancer today. RIP.

12. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not even Dunga used that as an excuse!!

13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oscar is still pretty meh. Don't really see him lighting it up at Chelsea to be even in the running to start for the Selecao over guys like Coutinho.

Thiago Silva is a shocker though. Even Tite has said( before he was manager) that he'd have him as 1st name on the team sheet. Maybe he doesn't want to mess up a decent pair in Miranda and Marquinhos. Plus Miranda plays in TS's preferred spot and as much as I think we need to avoid having 2 many 30+ yr old guys on the squad, Miranda hasn't done anything to avoid being dropped.

14. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's been a LONG while since I last watched Oscar playing, but if his work rate is enough, I can see him doing the Paulinho role very well. Clean tackler, good shooting and passing. Dunno if he can handle runnign from box to box during the 90 minutes tho.

15. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Isn't it funny that Paulinho may end up going to his 2nd World Cup with Brazil in 2 yrs?!

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I haven't really been wowed by Oscar in a long time. I was actually surprised he got recalled.

17. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I think Paulinho is better than Oscar in almost all the areas listed above as long as he does not have to shoot at the goal.

18. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Paulinho is not why we suffered in the last World Cup, Fernandinho , Tiago silva, David Luis , Marcelo Bernard were the main reasons

Paulinho was good at playing defined role of holding midfielder who occasionally goes forward, anything beyond that is beyond his skill set

19. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    In my opinion the main reason we lost in 2014 was that we had no plan to play without Neymar.
    The team that won the Confed Cup was actually pretty good!
    Also players like T Silva and othere could not handle the pressure of intense WC games... they
    just ended up crying....

20. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I think the pressure played the biggest part. I don't think the players can play their natural game under massive amounts of pressure. I look at Gabriel Jesus performances now and when he was at the Olympics and it's almost night and day.

21. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Gj did much better as the tournament progress.

I don't think it was pressure so much as Tiago silva and Neymar missing a key match

Fernandinho laid an egg on that day , but the guy can never make a clean tackle even today, so don't know he was in the team then and why he is back