Post-match: ELIMINATÓRIAS, R1: Chile x Brasil, 8/10/15 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Oct 7, 2015.

?

Result?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2015.
  1. Win

100.0%
  2. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Loss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #1 Mengão86, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444313262.068095.jpg

[​IMG]

All discussion related to the game can begin going here. I'll post the lineups when I come across them, if someone else doesn't find them before me.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was hoping to put in a win/draw bet in for Brazil but the bookies seem to be predicting that so it doesn't really pay to bet. I'm just surprised the bookies are so low on chile even though I have some serious doubts about them.

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    There is a chance that Vidal and Sánchez will not play tomorrow.

However, even if they don't, Dunga and Cafu will have their hands full, given that this Chile has barely changed from the 2014 World Cup. That we eliminated them is irrelevant; our victory over them was on PKs, and they pushed us to the brink, after defeating Spain. They are, as we know, the new Copa América champions, and whatever one says about the controversies from that tournament (the finger incident, the karate kick against Messi in the final, etc.), this is a very solid and aggressive team with good team chemistry. They are at home, they are confident, and they will go for blood. They will not want to lose the first match of the 2018 World Cup qualifying tournament on home ground, and they are not afraid of Brazil.

Anybody here who has working streams tomorrow, please do share. World Cup qualifying is serious business, and this is a match I absolutely have to watch.

4. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm betting all my imaginary coins that this game will be a bloodshed. Tackles and legs flying everywhere, etc... No cards because Conmebol.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    November 17, 2015. Uruguay vs. Chile, Estádio Centenário. Depois daquela "dedada" na bunda do jogador uruguaio, o pau vai comer solto, e olha lá. I wouldn't be surprised if this match (and the return match in March 2017) is the most violent of the entire 2-year-long qualifying tournament, more violent than any match involving Brazil, Argentina, and/or Uruguay.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Chile actually doesn't foul very much compared to other South American sides.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Aranguiz is also out, after injuring himself in training with Bayer Leverkusen immediately after transferring from Internacional. He's key to what they do in the midfield. Honestly, I haven't seen any of their friendlies after the CA, but I don't believe they have someone that can replace him.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If I had to pick, I'd probably go with a draw. If I had any confidence in this team whatsoever (and if we had Neymar), I could see us winning. It helps if Chile are missing any of their big guns, but nothing has really given me confidence, especially if you take the US result with a grain of salt:

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Didn't know aranguez is out, that makes it tempting to bet. If Neymar was here I would have made the bet by now lol. I see a draw too.

10. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I honestly think we match well against them and can possibly take 3 points but I have to see what Dunga is going to lineup with in midfield before I make a predication. Right now, I'm leaning towards a draw.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Contra a Roja, nesta quinta-feira, o treinador deve usar a seguinte formação: Jefferson; Daniel Alves, David Luiz, Miranda e Filipe Luís; Luiz Gustavo, Elias (Fernandinho), Douglas Costa, Oscar e Willian; Hulk.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm pretty content with the lineup although I haven't seen Oscar play lately so I can't say I'm in love with him starting over Lucas Lima who is on good form. Let's see what we get out of Willian , if not I want to see him subbed for Lucas Lima at half.

14. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bravo let in 2 goals this past Saturday for Barcelona and he will let in another 2 goals in Brazil's 2-1 win tomorrow!! :thumbsup: Hulk and Willian will score!!

15. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    How does Elias continue to get in the starting lineup? I can't recall one decent performance from him.

Oscar hasn't been great lately tone fair but his whole team has been off.

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    don't you rate Elias above Fernadhino from a selecao perspective though?

17. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Under Dunga, both have been really lackluster to the point I can't separate them but I think Fernandinho had slightly better NT performances overall.

MerlinRM repped this.
  18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just based on fouls alone, I'd rather have Elias over Fernandinho. I cringe every time I watch an attack go at Fernandinho.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's a shame Dunga didn't bring Robinho over Kaká. I'm not wild about him playing in China, but Kaká is in the MLS. Robinho can also fill that veteran role that Dunga keeps talking about. We all know about his track record vs Chile. He's also more versatile than Kaká. He can play out left or as a 9.

Kaka10725 and omajac repped this.
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You mean like .... Brasil ? :ninja:

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No worries, the new Garrincha (Douglas Costa) will create 3 great chances that Hulk can just tap in with his ass !

MerlinRM repped this.
  22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Elias is better but by a slim margin. Fernandinho actually used to look comfortable on the ball 5 years ago. Now he looks like Scott brown when he plays for the selecao, rocky touch And fouls all night.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This might be the first time ever I actually expect to lose a WCQ game. Not even vs Argentina in Argentina I come in thinking we will lose.

Going back 15 years ago, Chile handed us, if I remember right, our worst defeat in WCQ. The team lineup was Dida, Evanilson, Edmilson, Antonio Carlos, Roberto Carlos, Emerson, Marcos Assuncao, Ricardinho, Alex, Rivaldo, Amoroso. Only 3 of those players were starters in 2002.

Luckily after that game, came a long decade of merciless goleadas against the Chilenos. Goleada in WCQ, goleada in Copa America, goleada in World Cup ... that is until they played us tough in 2014. Dunga got some revenge in the WCQ game for 2010 returning the 3 x 0 scoreline in Chile. Checkout the 2nd goal with Luis Fabiano "chesting" the ball, reminds you of another play ? ;)

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A lot of the times the best days or events happen when you have low expectations.

25. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was surprised to see Miranda say he expects a draw. Seems like a lot of people don't have high expectations for tomorrow. I feel like we'll scrap by a goal though. I think Chile have a good team but we have the psychological advantage.