Eli Guttman hired as manager

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by keller4president, Dec 27, 2011.

1. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
  2. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I hope enjoys the period leading up to his first match, he'll never be more popular than now. He's a good coach, hopefully the press and the IFA will stay behind him.

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome MAAS. The Israel forum doesn't have many people posting.

Israel's World Cup Qualifying finish was where I expected in terms of position, but I wanted more points. 6 points from 5 home games isn't much, and even with 24 teams in Euro 2016, Israel may need to improve to qualify.

4. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Mistake.

Just cause grant said no doesn't mean we stick with guttman. Even eyal b would be better

Results show he took team down. No improvement. Could not beat minnows in last campaign. The Mexico game shows how bad the teams doing

5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i agree. he did manage 2 points from Portugal, which should have been more. However he also managed to not get us qualified and to me every single manager's goal should be to get us qualified.

6. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Agree Pheonixhazard.....

I say he gets sacked if Israel loose to Belgium at home in 3 days. In this campaign he showed nothing yet. Bosnia was not playing well but we were all happy with the win. 0-3 at home to Wales (and could of been 0-6) is unacceptable. If we loose to Belgium at home than it's pretty much over for the campaign as it's unlikely we will win away at wales and belgium.

like I said before, we did not beat all the minnows in prior campaign.

If we loose to Belgium, sack him quick and give another manager some time with team in this campaign to better prepare for the next one.

7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we were playing so well before tho!!! UGH!!!!

This match was awful. We played well but nothing in the final third. then 10 bad minutes and absolutely fall apart. Sahar has to start the next match too

8. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California

You were right, and Sahar almost had a goal in the first few minutes LOL, Can you take over for Guttman please. Guttman is really shittyyyyy, funny thing I liked him at Hapoel TA.

perhaps we weren't as good as we thought, Dzeko didn't play for bosnia against us. when they lost to us , manager lost his job. We actually have a manager who made horrid mistakes and still we keep him. This is his second campaign and we should be doing well here according to group and extra qualifying spot......yet look at this..

just sad, depressing.

9. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Really sad. If Israel had played as well against Wales as they did against Belgium, we'd still have a chance to qualify.

10. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Teddy Stadium is loud and crazy, we need the good crazy fans to turnout.

I think all games should be at Teddy Stadium.

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We do still have a chance to qualify.

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Looks like you need to win the game against Bosnia now though.

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that third place teams can qualify, I would say a draw would probably be enough to finish ahead of Bosnia-Herzegovina. Both of them host Cyprus and Andorra, and if Israel gets at least as many points from those two games, to catch Israel, Bosnia-Herzegovina would need at least 4 points more than Israel from games against Wales (Israel at Wales and Wales at Bosnia-Herzegovina) and at Belgium.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  14. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    well, Israel got a 0 at home, so that's not so far fetched...

15. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    After the first 3 games , it was over and israel fell apart. Israel needed a result against bosnia the second time around. They didn't get it. Then israel needed to get just one point more than bosnia in the last game. Didn't happen, Israel lost to cyprus (1st time in history) and bosnia stomped on wales 2-0. Then israel finish with 3-1 in belgium.

If israel would of at least tied bosnia away and beat cyprus then the 3 spot would of gone to israel. Israel fked up, it was poor performances. Israel had so many opportunities, at home to 10 men belgium was another.

You have to beat the minnows, that is something it takes and israel have not done that in the last 2 campaigns.

I would of loved to see israel in the playoffs against a team like rep of ireland or turkey, it would of been great. Now, it's over.

16. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    typical Israel, pathetic performance

17. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    If anyone hasn't caught on to my 10 posts.....lol....... I blame guttman 100%. Israel has the talent, it's the tactics and management that did this.

Look at bosnia, except for Dzheko , Israeli players like Hemed, Zahavi, vermouth, ben sahar, etc are just as good. Same as many other teams but how does bosnia beat wales 2-0 boldly while israel struggle for 90 min for 1 tie against them.

how do israeli players like tibi and yeini keep making horrid mistakes throughout a game, repeat it in more games and get more playing time. It doesn't make sense.

go put Benayoun in as manager, better than guttman and his shittt tactics. Our striker was busy playing right back all game today vs belgium.