El Ya Merito v2.5

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by Various Styles, May 15, 2006.

1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This Chivas squad seems to be in the 'Ya Merito' stage which at one point the Campeonisimo suffered through. With so much young talent we can expect Chivas to be a competetive team for a long time to come, however will the club be able to make the transition to Campeonismo status ?

With the way the clubs directives have been handeling club affairs I am not holding my hopes up high. The main worry I have is with the coaching staff, which makes it difficult for Chivas to maintain a solid playing style that the players can identify with.

One of the most absurd mistkaes was sacking Galindo for Azkargota, with that move the club practically threw away the season. And now most recently sacking Hans for the inexperienced Chepo. Given how long the club held on to the likes of Eduardo de la Torre and Benjamin Galindo, we must question how long the club will hold on to Chepo..

What are the Chivistas hopes for Libertadores and the next Mexican League Tourney ? Given how the young lads have been playing should Chivas bring in new players to replace the old guard which might be playing in euro clubs next season ?

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Re: El Ya Merito v2.6

Too many coach changes and the wrong ones at that.
    Chivas has nought rough talent that is waiting to shine given the right opportunities. Get a good coach and make a long or semi long term plan.

In Libertadores you can not expect too much. To many things against them. (officiating, teams with a lot more "colmillo" and experience in that inviromewnt etc)
    But I wish them luck

3. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles

I think Chepo might be a little harder to get rid of since he's related to the Vice-President of the club.

4. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Good assesment, I was just thinking of the 'Ya Merito' stage, but this goes back somewhat to the 'ready to be world class' discussion. This team will go as far as the front office lets it. We haven't been a model of consistency the past 6 years, and the constant coaching changes haven't helped. I say we stick with Chepo as long as it takes. These youngsters were motivated and displayed much more than anyone had imagined, I think in large part due to our coaching staff.
    I think when our players return from the WC, we'll go far in the Libertadores. We play against the ref sometimes even on our own turf, why not handle it in South America? If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that the future looks bright and we'll be saying 'Chivas Campeon de America' which has a nice ring to it I think.

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Eduardo de la Torre is also related to Nestor and he got sacked. :)

Hans did a lot of work with this Chiva squad, the majority of the young players had allready had first team experience. Hans would include the youngsters in the first team training sessions and bring them to the Interliga tourney and Copa Libertadores matches. It should be no surprise that many of these players were up to the challange.

It is a bit sad to see Chepo taking credit for Chivas recent 'success' when the table was allready set. My concern is if Chepo can continue to manage and have faith in the young players and if he can do a good job bringing in a new crop of players.

Also of great concern to me is the fact that Chivas no longer has a Director Deportivo, Hans old job. The director overlooked all the clubs programs from youth to the senior team and made sure the team was running smoothly. Now Chepo de la Torre, the Vice president, decides what is best for the club and Vergara, a soccer noob, no longer has the middle man with no outside influences to consult with.

6. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

This will be the first tourney that the Directiva that ousted Hans will get to rebuild the squad. In todays Ovaciones we can see a list of players thats are expected to be sold of traded :

En cuanto a otras bajas, todo indica que la lista sigue igual, con elementos como Manuel Sol, Alfredo Talavera, Johny García y Alejandro Vela, además de Alberto Medina, una de las monedas de cambio más interesantes que tendría el Guadalajara.

http://www.ovaciones.com/deportivo/notas/futnac16.html

Now, i do not see why Medina used as barganing chips, he has proved to compliment Bravo in the attack. Manuel Sol has been consistent, he might be getting old but he is reliable. Talavera needs more confidence, which he wont get unless he has constant playing time..

Lucho Perez has been in the list of refuerzos for quite some time, however judging from the article Monterrey does not want to give him up which leaves us with JP Rodriguez ! I must ask myself WHY ? I would much rather go after Juag Pablo Rodriguez, Chivas USA, or Nery Castillo. Other than that there must be a creative mid in our youth ranks waiting to be poslished. The next few days/weeks should bring forth more rumors of player transfers and we will be able to get a better idea of what the 'Directiva' has in store for us.. .

7. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino

that would be a stupid move if they let go of medina bravo might leave and hes the only one that has that speed bravo has

8. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca

Well we cant sign Juan Pablo Garcia from Chivas USA unless we pay MLS for his transfer fee....Nery Castillo is still an option but I dont think he's coming....Talavera is leaving because Chato and Corona are coming to Chivas...Manuel Sol played good the last 3 games but we dont need him if Vergara is bringing Chato...Vela needs to leave Chivas....I agree with you on Medina I think he plays great with Bravo I dont think it would be a good idea to let him go...

9. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I think the staff has somewhat given up on Medina and labeled him as a 'bust.' Luis Perez re-signed before the season and isn't going anywhere, especially since Monterrey is gonna be a big buyer this coming draft after this season's horrible performance. Tecos said a while back that they would prefer an exchange and cash for Chato Rodriguez. Medina might be included in that deal, hard to say.
    A midfield of Pineda-Araujo-Chato-Martinez would be pretty good, and don't forget that Avila has shown some solid ball control and field vision in his short stay with the big club, and he could be a possible '10'. Also Toño Olvera's contract came with an option to buy, but I highly doubt Santos would sell him...they need all the help they can get, but he could very well be Moncho's successor down the left flank.
    At this point I think Chivas is gonna be a seller during this draft because due to all the revelations that this torneo has brought up. Most of the replacements will be from within and most players leaving will be those who have been with the club for a while but were spotty at best (Vela, Garcia).
    It'll be interesting to see what kind of players they bring in, since it's essential that the players they sign are short term as to not block the youngsters for a long period of time.

10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

The Libertadores defeat to Sao Paolo pretty much put an end to the Centenario Celebrations which were more showcase than anything else. The new stadium was not built, the comemorative jersey sucked balls, it even broke the new tradition of no ad's for a hideos looking BIMBO one. To make matters worse we now have a coach that doesnt seem to have any alternatives to Chivas tactics.

All that is left now is a meaningless friendly agaisnt Barcelona which will cost the club three points in League play. We cant really blame Vergara too much. The Toilet bowl looking Templo Mayor will eventually get built, and Chivas kit doesnt look like a Nascar uniform anymore and the squad is more competetive than before.

However, Vergara football wise sucks as a directivo. He is still quite clueless and seems to be easily pursuaded. What we can look forward to next season is a noob coach whose influence will begin to show more in the team, since top to bottom Chivas is still Hans built. We have a refuerzo by the name of JP Rodriguez that proved to be quite useless agains Sao Paolo. Hopefully we have some quality cantera players on the way.

My fellow Chivistas I am not to optimistic of this next season. And given how much these players have been on the road by the time January rolls around, if the team does qualify to Interliga I expect the squad to be quite burnt. Now let us start the countdown to how lomng Chepo lasts. Call me a Cangrejo but Bianchi doesnt have a job. He might suck in the euroleagues but he sure knows how to win the Libertadores.. .

11. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

The Centenario year is coming to a close, and we have nothing to show for it.

This coming season will make or break Chepo as a coach. The Hans legacy is still there and hasn't worn off. We've seen some glimpses of how Chepo wants to play, but today was a clear indication that this current crop of players aren't up to the task.

A line of 3 very weak defenders isn't gonna hold up or move the ball up adequately against any team with competent forwards and midfielders. Chato hasn't proven his supposed worth, and Maza continues to be, well...Maza. I would like to see Patlan or Armas get more playing time and see if our defensive troubles can be alleviated just enough for there to be some cohesion with the midfield.

Well VS, some of your negativity is starting to rub off on me, but I can't let it happen. The miracle some of these guys pulled off in the Liguilla last season must mean something, it has to be an indication of things to come, right? I think it does.

I thought we didn't qualify for the next Interliga?

12. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I don't want to see a quick fix for the club.

Chepo is getting some on the job training and is hopefully learning from some of his mistakes.

Hopefully.

I haven't followed the team for a bit. But it sounds like Hans was real good at looking at the big picture and what it takes for long term success. Maybe they need to bring him back in and apologize for canning him in the first place.

13. panda loca 87

panda loca 87 New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    california
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

medina>bravo. we have a great soccer club we could of won but we chocked. we have a great group of guys.

14. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

with a defensive line with. maza, reynoso, magallon, were in trouble.. Chivas has a good cantera I'm sure we can find young players to fill these positions..

15. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  16. DelChiverio

DelChiverio Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Nevada
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I agree. Replace Maza and Magallon with Patlan and "Russo". This is season is going to be great for our team. Let's win it!

17. panda loca 87

panda loca 87 New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    california
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

i have to say magallon hasnt played there much i dont know what nestor was doin.

18. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Maza is not to blame here, granted he gave away a penalty kick in the first leg but he was not at fault in the second match. Reynoso is a good defender but he is not quality enough to hold down a three man defence, and Magallon down the left is not our best option, we have Pineda there. Still we need a good strong center defender which I though we were going to get in the off season.. .

19. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    they let johnny garcia go what a mistake..

20. DelChiverio

DelChiverio Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Nevada
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I think it is an error of judgement. I may be stepping on some toes by saying this but, I want to see a defensive line of four rather than five. I am not convinced by the defensive line of five which consists of three central defenders and two "carrileros". I believe that this structure affects the team because you sacrifice a true offensive player for an extra defender. I sometimes see Bofo too isolated because there isn't that extra offensive midfielder that can assist him with passes to the forwards. The other adverse effect is when Santana (who is a central forward) plays he often comes down to a midfielder position to try to get a ball!

If we create a defense of four we can place el "pituffo" Avila up front accompanying Ramon and Bofo feeding balls to forwards and eluding defensive midfielders and defenders to create havoc to the opposing team.

What do you think chivistas?

21. DelChiverio

DelChiverio Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Nevada
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Didn't you feel nervous every time Maza had the ball? I certainly was. Maza's incompetence has a long history. I am not judging Maza solely on these past Libertadores games. He has made numerous mistakes in league games costing Chivas many points. Our enemies know that Maza is the Achilles heel of our defense. The only reason Maza is in Chivas and was in the NT is because of his height. That is all. He is slow, clumsy, passes the ball to opposing players, easily gets eluded by opposing players, and makes mindless fouls in the box and outside the box. There has been games that the entire Jalisco would shout BOO! everytime he would possess the ball. I have watched Maza very closely chivistas. He should not be in our team! Bring in the youngsters Patlan (who did well with Reynoso in the liguilla) or el "Russo" to replace Maza. Magallon should also not be in the defense.

22. DelChiverio

DelChiverio Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Nevada
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I liked Johnny Garcia but for a time Reynoso was playing much better than he was. Chepo then decided to place Reynoso in Johnny's place. Christian Armas was another defender that I was fond of, but he was transferred with Edoardo Isella and Alejandro Vela to Jaguares.