El Super Classico! "River vs Boca"

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Nerazzurri, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona
    What an incredible game! The emotions in the second half just swaying from one side to the other. But, I must say (I'm gonna get ripped by both sides for this), what a bunch of twats!

In the two legs, I've never seen so much diving, bitching to the ref, and begging for cards against the opponent in my life. A guy gets tapped in the leg and he goes down like someone blew his legs off with a shotgun. Over the two games, at least 2 players got yellows when someone they approached took a dive.

Today, a River player gets sent off for dissent and leaves the field in tears. Really, if the arbirtro followed that thinking every time, there would be no one left on the pitch.

The commentators were calling it a "película" and really it was true. 100% drama. The players, the ref, and the fans were all part of it.

Maybe I don't understand Argentine futbol, but it could have been just as incredible and just as dramatic without all the shenanigans in between.

Have away, boys.

P.S. Thank God that little panochuda Gallardo was ineligible. Scratching another guy's face and then trying to rip his ear off? Please.

2. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    " That the 2nd half was awesome, it had everything, and that it is obvious God is not a Chiken (Gallina=chicken- is how River players are known by their opponents)....Even Tevez did a little chicken dance after the scoring, which cost him the red card, thankfully for him, not the game"

It's really ridiculous (in a good way) how Boca seems unbeatable on PKs....
    And Bianchi keeps getting the team to the finals based more on teamwork than individual flair..Truly a team to admire.... tough for River the way they lost....After what Ameli, Gallardo did last game, I think maybe God was sporting a Boca jersey tonight! (and i don't mean Diego) :D
    Boca has too much experience and poise....This last trait i believe is in great part due to Bianchi's coaching style...They withstand pressure (being down a player, all their PKs are testament to that)

Watched the Abondanzieri interview post game....That guy is all class.....on and off the field...

3. I noticed up in the box there was salas and that other guy supporting river

Boca sohuld of called up Maradona and that other guy when they were in la bombonera....

4. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    Boca A Ganado El Superrrrclasico

5. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

(if el Diego was watching that game, i sure hope the medics were around!?!?)

6. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    What was with Tevez's chicken dance?? That was the funniest thing i have ever seen, why did he get a red?? Isin't that the dance what Cuatomoc Blanco does?

7. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu

Chupame la pija ********. EL penal que le hizo Schiavi en el primer tiempo no lo vistes? Seguro que no.River gano en la cancha y en las tribunas robo pero boca gano a lo boca,por penales.

Ta todo bien en el sentido que a RIVER no le puedo reprochar nada,ganamos en la cancha y perdimos en los penales.Obviamente estoy caliente pero contento por el grupo y las ganas que le pusieron.

Me da risa que los jugadores dicen que ganaron por poner huevos, sino era por el gol de Tevez no hubieran llegado nunca en el partido.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry, I'll try to summarize. My first post was at half time. I commented that I thought both teams were playing poorly, but the rythm favored Boca.

My second post, after River scored, said that the great goal added some class to the match and we had to see if Boca with one less player could step it up and show the stuff that champions are made off.

My third post I said that the game had everything in the second half, and I lamented that the penalty they didn't call on Chacho in the first game was decisive in the second. Also that I didn't understand how Tevez could be kicked out for celebrating a goal.

My last post, after the definition, simply encourages the chickens to continue participating. :D

9. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY

Thanks. Yeah i don't understand why Tevez got a red card for doing a chiken dance anyone know? Maybee the ref doesen't like Chickens. :D
    Does his dance have anything to do with Cuatomoc Blanco's dance from America?

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No me van a creer, pero juro que no lo vi. Debe haber pasado justo cuando me fui a la cocina a buscar otra cerveza. Pero, bueno, si fue penal, se la comen las gayinas, que le van a hacer. No van a venir ahora a llorar como los Ingleses en el 86.

Bueno, con un poco mas de calma, creo que lo mejor de River fue Lucho Gonzalez. Ademas hizo un golazo. Por que no juega asi en la seleccion? Pero muy flojos los delanteros. Cavenaghi no se por que se retrasa tanto, quiza es culpa de Astrada. Boca creo que tuvo lo mejor en Tevez en el segundo tiempo, gran partido de Perea, y el Pato, por supuesto. Las pocas veces que River llego con claridad, el Pato mostro que es el mejor arquero de Argentina. Y despues en la definicion por penales fue el heroe. El pibe Lux tambien mostro su clase, aunque participo poco. Argentina tiene arqueros para rato.

Bueno, gayinas. Fue un buen partido, pero no se desanimen. Sigan participando.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nothing to do with Blanco, no. It was because the stadium only had fans of River, (due to an idiotic decision), and so he couldn't celebrate with his fans, so he rubbed it in the face of River fans by imitating a chicken. (That is what opposing fans call the players and fans of River). He apologized to the fans of River after the match. (something Blanco would never do). But I think the red card was a joke. A yellow maybe would have been ok. Now Tevez can't play against Once Caldas at home and it sucks.

12. Nerazzurri

Nerazzurri New Member

May 28, 2004
    El Monumental
    Bravo Boca
    Bravo Roberto Abbondanzieri

Muy buen Arquero!

Bravo River!
    Bravo Lux!
    Y Bravo La hinchada de River!

Ganaron la loteria!
    Que partido de emociones!
    Muy lindo goles y penales buen pateados. Hablamos mas y perdimos mas! Luchamos buen pero con mucha queja! Sambueza es un boludo y Rojas un viejo, pero son de River y les perdone. Que gana River el domingo y sali campeon de Argentina por lo menos.

Bueno felicitaciones a Boca y su hincha. Que le gana a Once Caldas y que sali campeon tambien.

Vamos a volver para el titulo el ano que viene!

BRAVO RIVER!

13. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Oh HAHA Tevez is cool! A little friendly rivalry doesen't hurt anyone. Yeah that call by the ref was a bit harsh. On another message board people were saying that Tevez is one of the greatest players in Argentina and now he won't be able to show the world his skills. Oh well, Forza Boca !!!

14. Nerazzurri

Nerazzurri New Member

May 28, 2004
    El Monumental

No somos como los boludo Ingleses! Eso si! Pero quejamos como los de Boca!

Muy buen partido de Lucho Gonzales. En todo las veces que lo vi nunca juego asi! Ira el mejor de River y Tevez, despues del gol, ira el mejor de la cancha. Que juegan asi siempre! Abbondanzieri debe ser el Arquero de la selecion.

15. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Did anyone else sense an aura of doom about Maximiliano Lopez as he walked up to plant the ball on the spot a moment before taking his PK? As soon as I saw him, I said to myself, "He won't score this."

16. Nerazzurri

Nerazzurri New Member

May 28, 2004
    El Monumental
    he should have kicked it in the middle

17. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Which I saw at least 3 of the Boca players do. I see so many penalty kicks go right up the middle nowadays that I'm convinced that goal keepers should wait to see where the shot is going before they jump. Nobody is going to save a well struck ball into the side netting, but how many times do we see balls pass right through the spot previously vacated by the keepers?

18. trmbrasil

trmbrasil Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Considering everything else that was going on before the Tevez goal, I think the red card was justified.

There was basically 7 minutes of BS, and zero football, between 34 and 41 min of the second half. River fans were making some pretty accurate tosses of hard objects from the stands, Boca players complaining and making a big deal, everyone in the world tossing their forearms up in disgust and frustration, and I imagine a lot of whining by everyone. To follow it up the Ref red carded the River player #21 (don't know his name) for something he said. In the context that Tevez was likely inciting more projectiles from the stands, he got a deserved card. He's a brilliant player, but still a kid in the head, and makes some immature decisions like that.

19. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    someone's gotta have a link of tevez goal celebration...please!

20. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    Who needs Euro 2004 when you can watch this!

Thank you adelphia for carrying Fox Espanol!

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True, but if the goalie gets a reputation for staying in the middle, then the kicker will just place it in the corner every time. No, the goalie has to guess: left, right, middle. It is all a head game.

A penalty finish may be a lottery, some say unfair, but is there anything more exciting? I almost died when Lux got his hand on the first one before it went in. Every time the other guys score one you die a little, and when you score one you come back to life. And then of course the last two I was in heaven. We were all jumping. I bet no true fan can watch something like this sitting down.

22. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Maybe mix it up then? If you take the dive every time, isn't that just as bad as staying in the middle every time? Also, these type of situations really can have an effect on the kicker's nerves, which may throw their shot off a bit. Like I said, the shots in the corners are meant to be goals (granted, with the few odd exceptions) but I see tons of shots that either go down the center or within arm's reach of the center. I've always admired the penalty shooters that can stick it into the side netting in spite of the intense pressure they must feel to make the shot, but conversely, I've become frustrated watching pro players belt it up the middle where a stationary object could have more effectively defended the shot.

23. guinness

guinness New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Hey everyone,

Check out the article I wrote about last night's game at:

http://guinness.joeuser.com

Let me know what you think!

-rob

24. guinness

guinness New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Que raro, pero me algre que alguna hincha de River esta feliz para Boca! Es verdad, fue un partido bien luchado y muy reñido. Pero VAMOS BOCA! Beat Once Caldas and then on to beat Porto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    [​IMG]

Son una risa ... :rofl: