El Salvadoran Teams May Drop Out Of Champions League

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by EvanJ, Aug 10, 2008.

1. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No post from Feno is insightful...and if there is one, I've yet to read it.

2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    He does have his moments. The above post for example, is a constructive contribution to the BS boards.

He's pretty much just said that many of the terms that are used to describe Salvadorans, originated in the US and are mostly only used in that country. And how in El Salvador, we only use the terms Salvadoreños, Cuscatlecos and now more recently the term Guanaco is also being used do to it's use in popular culture.

Then he goes on to say that its a shame about the stadium problems with Metapan and that he believes it's because they are a small team. Then he asks what is going on with El Salvador's other qualifier, Firpo.

That's pretty much it.

3. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IDK man, I heard those terms in Juarez waaay before I heard them in the States.

4. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    EC, it's a term of endearment for you there.;)

5. 12tracer

12tracer New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Isidrio Metpan played yesterday!

6. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's good to know, thanks for the translation. Salvadoreños is what I had always used, but maybe that's because I had known some people from there in the past and that's what I had heard from them.

7. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    Metapan is done, damn black martinez missed the pk and we could not put the ball in. metapan owned marathon... sometime i just think somebody from guemala or panama did some budu thing to our boys, first cheyo, now martinez!

firpo should be fine, i cant wait for Aguila and Aas to participate, the big boys of La Mayor.