el salvador - usa broadcast

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by ISM, Oct 11, 2004.

1. ISM

ISM New Member

Nov 2, 2000
    I did not see the PPV broadcast on saturday. who were the announcers? and how was the quality of the broadcast?

2. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    I was disappointed in the quality of the picture it kinda looked like i was watching a 1970s soccer game. Other than that, some people complained that the announcers did not know the offside rule.

3. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the video feed was o.k. i had no idea who the announcers were, but they did have some non-sensical cliche's that they said, one about being short from making it to the beach or something like that.

All in all i can't complain too much. I was at least able to watch the game.

4. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Picture quality was fine for me on DirecTV channel 101.

Commentary from studio was bad, but really, that's what I expected.

I really didn't even get upset that the commentators knew the offside rule as well as the near-side AR. I just expect the US to start with -1 goal on the road in WCQ, as all teams really do.

5. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The picture on my TV wasnt that good, the field seemed too bright and I had to adjust the brightness on my TV. The commentators were poor so much so that I longed for Rob Stone and Wynalda to be calling the game instead. Mind you, they did have cameras inside the El Sal locker room at half time which I had not seen before.