El Salvador U15-U17's Thread

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Oct 18, 2013.

1. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Great news. Pretty cool as well to see the name "Ronald Cerritos" once again.

Btw where can I find the roster we had for this tournament? Can't find it.

2. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Um, twitter has it but you gotta go far back. check Edh deportes and fesfut twitter

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I think part of the reason the team somewhat struggled was the incorporation of the American born players and not having much synergy. I would hope this is corrected during the prep time as well as more scouting I would hope that the U17 league is producing some defenders because it looks like we will really need them.

Because one thing I've noticed is that most of the U.S. born players are all on the offensive side.

4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    And they all play in different places. So they come from different systems and different styles.

Also, anyone who plays a flat 4-4-2 is damn well outta date.

5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Found it. For a millennial I'm a dinosaur when it comes to twitter. I pretty much never use that site.

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh well we are screwed. We ended up in Group C in which Mexico, US and Jamaica are also in.

Group B
    Costa Rica
    Canada
    Cuba
    Surinam

Group A
    Panama
    Honduras
    Haití
    Curaçao

JJV1994 and Blue_nation724 repped this.
  7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    How is that even fair! Lol oh well. Hope they at least give a fight

8. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The U-17 roster has been named for the U-17 Championship. The first ES match is on April 23rd against Mexico.

PORTEROS:
    Jairo Guardado (Santa Tecla F.C), Tomás Romero (Bethlehem Steel FC-USA).

DEFENSAS:
    Giovanni Avila (Santa Tecla F.C), Erick Cartagena (C.D. FAS), Diego Chévez (Turín F.C), Diego Guatemala (Santa Tecla F.C), Kevin Menjivar (Turín F.C), Sergio Ramírez (Sin equipo).

MEDIOCAMPISTAS:
    Christian Barillas (Pateadores S.C.-USA), Jorge Cruz (C.D Once Municipal), Andy Alas (Turín F.C), Denis García (Turin F.C), Mauricio Gómez (Turín F.C), Ever Guzmán (Santa Tecla F.C); Roberto López (C.D FAS), Rodrigo Santamaría (Regina F.C-CAN), Allexon Saravia (D.C. United Academy-USA).

DELANTEROS: Ronald Cerritos (D.C. United-USA); Rolando Ramírez (C.D. FAS); Fernando Villalta (Sin equipo)

http://elsalvadorfc.com/nomina-de-la-sub17-para-premundial/

9. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    U17 off to a humiliating start losing 0-6 to Mexico in the opening game

10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Two own goals apparently. Glad I chose not to wake up at 6am to watch the game.

With USA in our group too, it's best to just write off this tourney before it even started. At least a win against Jamaica would be nice, but that's asking too much.

11. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Probably going to be the worst team in the tournament. They lost today 1-3 to Jamaica

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    And with USA beating Mex 4-3, i dont see a pretty result saturday either

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Saw the highlights that first Jamaican goal good lord... they have no hope.

1) What where they being taught this entire time because that was just atrocious defending and they have like no preparation in defending set pieces.

2) Speaks volume of how the U17 is still an afterthought in the league if the U17 NT isn't being punished for the mistakes it showed during this tournament.

3) We all knew this tournament was over after the draw but the fact that they lost to a 10-man Jamaica... yeah that is just bad.

Got to hand it to the Feds not one group has qualified to anything in this regime. Yet they look unfazed and will have no shame asking for money.

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It's been a while ladies and gents and we have had quite a busy August so let's get caught up.

First off the U13 CCL took place and defending champions CD Santa Ana returned to try and defend their crown also ADFA San Salvador was the other representative for El Salvador. Now time for results

Santa Ana
    Group B
    Santa Ana 0-1 Real Estelí
    Santa Ana 1-0 Cantera Norte (MEX)
    Toronto FC 2-1 Santa Ana

Aftermath: That loss to Real Estelí really hurt Santa Ana and sadly they finished third so they could not defend their title so they went to another K.O. Format known as the Shield Stage

ADFA San Salvador
    Police FC (TRI) 1-1 ADFA
    ADFA 2-0 Alajuelense
    Pioneros Cancún 3-0 ADFA

Aftermath: Terrible results and joined Santa Ana in the Shield K.O. Stage, I want to say this is the second time ADFA has participated and did not win a game. I could be wrong.

Shied K.O. Stage
    Quarter Finals
    Santa Ana 4-1 Portmore United (JAM)
    ADFA 1-3 Vancouver FC

Semi-Finals
    Santa Ana 4-1 Vancouver FC

Finals
    Santa Ana 0(3)-(4)0 Chicago Fire

Final thoughts: They showed more than ADFA that's for sure but it's nice to see that these kids don't just keel over like we have seen so many times.

15. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The U15 boys are participating in the U15 Championship. Now this tournament is separated into three division currently El Salvador sits in division 2. It will be easy to see when I list the opponents meanwhile in division one it will be the usual US vs. MEX, anyways back to the important stuff.

8/14 Cuba 1-3 El Salvador
    8/15 El Salvador 1-0 Bermuda
    8/17 Martinique 0-2 El Salvador

The have moved on in dominant fashion (they should have given the opponents) and are waiting to see who they will face in the next round. Now I would assume that if they win Division 2 they would move up to the next level.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  16. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why don't you guys go for Hugo Pérez to be in charge of scouting and the youth teams progress?. @La Trucha, @Grimmjow316?. He did play in El Salvador...

He discovered most, if not, all of the talents of the nads... Hell, if was up to me, I would appoint him head of the youth teams of México and hire him to scout all the talented Mexican-americans...

La Trucha repped this.
  17. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010

He was going to have a role in our football when he signed up to work with Zarco Rodríguez as his assistant manager of the national team. Unfortunately our fed is filled with a whole lot of idiots so they fired Zarco and replaced him with one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. Hugo saw that and decided he wanted no part of it. It’s a shame because who knows what he could have done for El Salvador. The same is true if they had let him in as a player but there were a bunch of idiots in charge back then as well

18. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bummer. That sucks. El Salvador as a bunch of untapped talent. Most kids I know would love to play for La Selecta.

Tell me about.... Our federation is full of idiots as well.... Proof of that are the disaster campaigns at the U20, and U17 level.

19. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So the U17 is playing in the Juegos Bolivarianos. I’ll put the roster at the end. We play 4 games,

Colombia on the 15
    Ecuador on the 16
    Bolivia on the 19
    Venezuela on the 21

We lost 2-0 to Colombia, one goal each half.
    Today we lost 4-0 to Ecuador. All 4 goals were let in 14 min. That is ridiculous.

I doubt we get a medal from this.

Here’s the roster:

Attached Files:

20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Made a mistake. They played Venezuela today and they lost 1-0, goal conceded in the 37th minute. Lost any chance of a medal, play for pride on Wednesday vs Bolivia.

21. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  22. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    There was also recently an UNCAF u16 tournament. No Guate (still banned) and no Belize. We ended 3rd place. These were the results

Attached Files:

23. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Roster for this tournament:
    Armando José Ramos, Luis Steven Vásquez, Rodrigo Rodríguez, Jonathan Samuel Dubón, Denis Roberto Soriano, Jeffrey Ariel Aguilar, Milton Alexis Martínez, Pedro Rodolfo Mejía, José Ángel Ortega, Williams Stanley Rivera, Ricardo José Funes, Efraín Cárcamo, Marlon Rivera, Josué Arévalo, Diego Serrano, Jorge Flores, Orsi Rodríguez y Salomón Barahona.

24. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    El Salvador under 16 squad competed recently at the UNCAF under 16 Competition, the result was bad, I mean real bad.
    Warning: If you wanna spare your soul and don't want to shed a tear around love ones then don't read any further

Results
    Nicaragua 0-0 El Salvador
    Panama 2-0 El Salvador
    Honduras 4-2 El Salvador
    Guatemala 2-0 El Salvador
    Costa Rica 0-0 El Salvador
    Belize 2-1 El Salvador

El Salvador finished in last place with 2 points, the next bottom two were Honduras with 8 points and Belize with 3 points

Firstly Jose de la cruz ?, who are these coaches that have been hired to coach the youth national team, instead selecting the top coaches to coach these players they select the cheapest coaches.

25. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Ernesto Gochez is the new under 17 team