El Salvador National Team//Rumbo Al Mundial

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by R9Kevinr9, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

No, its's better if DC gets him, DC saids their defence should be better this year and with Fred and Emilio in foward we pretty much have good fowards. Now the only thing thats left is the midfield I don't know about Gomez that much but I heard he wasn't playing that good with the Rapids. I don't know about the goalkeeper.

Galaxy pretty much has to start all over from scratch with their players and putting Castillo their might screw up his game if they put him with a team thats not doing so good.

2. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Lol, you got Arturo Alvarez to see in California playing and maybe you'll be able to see Gerson and Burgos play soon, so you got enough players to see, now on the east side we need Salvadoran players to watch live at the stadium like Pacheco and and Castillo thats if they make it on the team.

3. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Damn we got our own forum? Way to go mara!! Props to whoever is (are) responsible.

4. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I believe that dude agulicho777, or fenofut started it.

5. Hugo7346

Hugo7346 Member

Sep 30, 2008
    So El Mascon De La Selecta contra estados Unidos va estar en Telefutura y ESPN 2!!! Wohooo I love it!! I love to see la selecta play on International TV.

6. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You didn't know that? Oh, and it's Galavision not Telefutura.

7. ozzy1990

ozzy1990 New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    northridge,californi
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    wow
    i haven't been here in a long time.
    so wats up

el salvador vs. U.S.A. in el salvador........yea....

i think i going to do my guessing line-ups
    DE LOS COBOS MAY DO A 4-4-1-1 since martins is hurt

GOMEZ
    ANAYA GONZALEZ SALAZAR PACHECO

S.COREAS O.ROMERO R.SHANCHEZ CASTILLO

QUINTANILLLA

CORRALES

my ideal line-up

GOMEZ

---------ANAYA----------- GONZALEZ--------------- SALAZAR

TORRES----------- ---------MIRANDA* -----------------------PACHECO

-------O.ROMERO------------------------ ------------CASTILLO

--------------------------E.QUINTANILLA-----------------------

-----------------------------ZELAYA

* would try miranda cuz he has the same condition as shanchez he has speed and boy power cuz his experince in the USL and college so that just my opinion.

8. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I would take castillo out and put sanchez in, we need the big guy for corners bc thats all the US is going to do.

9. e-weezy

e-weezy New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Hey guys. Long time reader of forum first time posting. We do need sanchez but we also need castillo. I think castillo can give their defence a lot of trouble with his speed and agility. He can create for himself and draw the defence and hopefully he can find quintanilla or zelaya and they can finish.
    Either way I hope we play well and impress.

Vamos Selecta!!

10. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Welcome brother!

BTW, i completely agree with you mate. We definitely need Castillo in there. I Don't know what the heck Aguilucho was on about. Taking out Castillo would be disastrous.

11. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    haha and leave all the work to el pelon? heck not.

Zelaya, Cheyo and Romero can do some damage.

Castillo can be the one man to jump in if anything gets ugly, we have to defend well first.

Salazar is great but Escobar has been doing pretty good, thats a tough call.

We also have Alegria in the bench, I think Alegria was one of the reasons why we came back vrs Trini, Alegria still got some game.

12. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ok guys for the Soccer heads in here...

What do you guys think the starting formation should be against USA, will DLC be forced to use a 4-4-2 formation due to Shawns Martins injury or should he call up Ramon Flores to replace him and stick to a 3-5-2 formation that up to this point has giving ES decent results...Lets take into account that due to Shawn Martins injury we lose an important defensive & offensive piece...we need someone with the same height to defend against the tall US players and a guy who can run the ball the down the field like he does...

Due to our overcrowded depth in the Midfield position with Efrain Burgos Jr addition to the team, Do you guys think DLC should convert Burgos into a Forward and play him along side of Zelaya, & have Cheyo on the midfield where he is suppose to be, Where will Efrain Burgos fit in this team???

My starting Formation would be a 4-4-2 converting Burgos into a Forward

---------Burgos------Zelaya---------
    -------------------------------------
    Castillo-------------------------Cheyo
    ---------Sanchez----Romero----------
    --------------------------------------
    Pachecho-----------------------Anaya
    -----------Escobar----Marvin----------
    --------------------------------------
    ---------------JJ Gomez---------------

13. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  14. ozzy1990

ozzy1990 New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    northridge,californi
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

i like your ideal formation
    but Escobar--i mean i like him but Salazar in my opinion is better

to put Burgos in
    we need to see him in a friendly game to see in how he plays.

15. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El Rapado Miranda is not gonna start Aguilucho, he will most likely not even play. Castillo runs like a mad man everywhere, stealing balls. Even though i agree we need to play defensive minded to crack down USA we can't bunker, we are at home and we are obligated to score, and win. No way i see Castillo on the bench. It's laughable really. As for Burgos in the starting 11, that is not happening. End of story. The guy hasn't played a minute with us, he won't play in the USA game. IF he does he will play like 20 minutes tops. The two forwards we throw at the US have to be Fito Zelaya, and Rudis Corrales. Corrales has been getting alot of crap, but people forget he has been playing almost alone up front. When Fito comes in Corrales comes out. Corrales can move and distribute, his experience will be needed. Now, on Escobar. I really like how he has been playing, even though overall Salazar is better, i say the best in form and up for it should start. Whatever DLC decides will be the right thing.

16. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Agreed.

17. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    People have to understand Rudys is on the way out, the kid is turning 30 this year and he has been inconsistent... I dont care how long he holds the ball for, if he moves around and distributes, His job as a Forward is to make Goals, and so far he has only made one against a decent team "CR"... No matter how much he moves around & hustles he does not land a single goal... I would convert Efrain Burgos Jr to a Forward and give him a shot in a upcoming friendly and who knows he made be the guy we need upfront...Im just not too confident on the 3 migdgets "Ayala, Corrales & Zelaya" :D You know how many corner kicks and centros get wasted because we dont have the height upfront...?

Escobar has that outside shot, him & Pacheco need to be utilize smartly , DLC should set up plays around them....if they get comfortable and loosen up a bit they can be big threats to an opponent...

18. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? If you say these players only make it to your chest then you must be 6.4-6.8, right? If so, then that's freakishly abnormal for any normal Salvadoran. :eek::D

19. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    HAHA, Nah Im in between 6-2 - 6-3 ;), me dieron de la buena leche :D Believe me I was cracking up when I saw these guys in person down in Bell Gardens fields, no way can they compete with the US defenders. No chance, someone is going to get tossed around by whats his name Oknewou...:p

20. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I agree with you, you cant be too short but you cant be that tall either.

The only tall dude I know that is really impressive is Slatan, then Crouch and Tony are worthless.

That being said. Ayala is not really an option, Rudys and Zelaya are both good and can take any big defender any day but it will be hard for them to win a ball in the air, we may need some Reyes there.

I like Escobar but I think Salazar is an smarter player.

If I was DCL Ill put Miranda next to Sanchez, Miranda is too strong to be on the bench.

As for Castillo, he is good but he is not god, he does little moves and he has a great future but lets not forget that he did little or nothing in the Uncaf tournament.

He kind of Remind me of another Castillo, Nery. Nery can do Magico Gonzalez moves but when he have to prove he can ball with the big boys he hasnt done anything. Cristian is great but untill he proves he can make a difference when it counts Ill hold my comments on him.

Reyes should be an option bc of his size, I dont like Larios. If Burgos Jr is ok we can give him a few minutes if Rudis is not having a good game.

21. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If you guys think we have a chance at winning with just strong physical players vs the US. You guys are sadly mistaken. There is no way we can even get a point from them if we throw inexperience over experience. Rudis Corrales no matter how old is, does a good job. Wether he scores or not so be it. Ayala is not better then him right now, or anybody. Only Fito but he hasn't scored on top notch opposition either. Right?

22. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Thats because he hasnt gotten a chance, DLC preffers to come out with Cheyo & Rudys upfront...

23. Hugo7346

Hugo7346 Member

Sep 30, 2008
    SO I see Miranda's name being mentioned on some comments... But I doubt DLC is going to call him if he doesn't find a team?? I haven't heard anything about him since the end of UNCAF. Anyone knows anything about Edwin?

24. ozzy1990

ozzy1990 New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    northridge,californi
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  25. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

Bunkeruing will not help either because all the US has to do shoot from distance, and hope JJ messes up like he always does. I am really concerned over our goalies, I saw "el mudo" make some inocent mistakes vs. Peru, he is not that great.