EL Round of 16 2nd Leg: Roma v Lyon (March 16th, 2017)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #201 Big Bad Wolf, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Oh Peres' play in and around the opposition box is dire for sure. I wouldn't dispute that for a second. Which is not good enough seeing as though Roma generally spend a lot of their time around the opponents box.

I was merely replying specifically to your comment that he did nothing good all game, with an example of something good that he did. Hence my comment about having blinkers on. I think you are so down on him that you dont see any of his good plays.

In my opinion his defending has improved and his workrate is good.

2. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every player does something good every now and again but you have to evaluate them on their play as a whole and honestly he's just bad. Like I said, it's not just me he's consistently rated as one of the worst players every game.

I couldn't disagree more regarding his defending or his effort, overall both are really bad. He's not as exposed when Roma switched to 3 backs but he's a terrible defender. You watch Emerson, Rui or Florenzi and they track back like they are possessed and Peres does sometimes and other times he's jogging back.

Here is what ForzaRoma.info said about him after the game. I'm not sure if you read Italian but it's a scathing. One comment about him says he's not the weak link, he's a broken chain that even a good jeweler couldn't repair.

Sembra una ballerina che si gira intorno come in un carillon. Al cross pare josè Angel con la boccia, di suola, in copertura gli tremano le gambe. Anello debole? No è proprio una catena spezzata che nemmeno il miglior orafo riuscirebbe a riparare. In tribuna qualcuno avrà chiesto a Florenzi di scendere in campo con tutte le stampelle. Alza il livello di imprecazione in maniera verticale. Pure Spalletti si arrende quando palleggia in area avversaria e prova un tiro da beach soccer, nel senso di calcio tra amici sulle dune de Capocotta. Esce pure incazzato. (56’ El Shaarawy 7: Entra il Faraone e la Roma dai suoi piedi viene accarezzata subito con un guanto di seta. Palla in mezzo, e autogol procurato. E’ dolce anche al 63’ quando si beve Morel prima di sfiorare il secondo palo. Partirebbe in gioco anche nell’occasione che avrebbe portato al gol di Dzeko. Mezzo voto in meno per quei due corner buttati così)

http://www.forzaroma.info/pagelle-a...rootman-non-basta-peres-carillon-do-brasil/5/

shiboboo repped this.
  3. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well then I guess it's a shame we have no alternatives.

4. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, boy - to use your vulgarity, I am sorry I don't get a "hard on" like you do over our American owners. Even under Sensi, we actually won the Scudetto and finished numerous times in 2nd place......and yes with a few points difference, not like the billion we are away from Juve every year.

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You mean Franco Sensi - and after he became ill the team went to shit and was used as a political pawn by his daughter.

ErPupone and ShoelessMan repped this.
  6. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree but she had a hard job to do though. She was the one that had to get finances back on track after the spending spree before our last scudetto almost ruined the club in the long run. Which got the club kinda stable. Problem afterwards was that it was her only valuable asset after Italpetroli went to shit.

7. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I havent followed Serie a for long, but I guessed this on PERES. When people brought his name up here, I saw it from far people loved him because he had offensive ability.. usually the case people notice the offensive part more so then defensive. When a guy does a move or two, suddenly on youtube for long. And the hype builds.

Its exactly how it is the opposite with Kante , not a fantasy game player nor in discussion of world best. But he makes ton of big difference for a team.

8. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yet, we were still closer to a Scudetto with her then we have ever been with our American Heroes.

9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    You can believe what you want about the owners, but we can all be assured about one thing; no one has ever had a hard on for Rosella Sensi.

Shen-O, shiboboo, Java65 and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #210 Goduerza, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Rosella didn't have the current force called Juventus to compete with. We can't match them financially which makes matching them on the pitch even harder. With the amount of points we got in Rudi's first year, we would have had Scudetto in the bag if Juventus didn't have unreal, record-breaking seasons. Seeing how the ownerships of Inter and Milan are going, I'm more than happy with our own owners. Being second best after Juventus is the most we could achieve right now, for reasons stated above. The first couple of years were tough, but they've been doing alright since. And if it weren't for ridiculous Italian red tape, we even would have had a new stadium by now.

La Magica, Oban14 and ErPupone repped this.
  11. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Some people just seem to forget that in these times J. Baptista was our top transfer whose 10m fee we could hardly afford and players like Rosi or Diamoutene started in CL matches.

12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take Totti off those squads and Roma are a mid table team. Any trophies Roma have won the last decade were because we had one of the best players in the world on our team. The 2001 team was the last really good team.

Vulpinous repped this.
  13. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is really a curoisity to this forum, which is really hard to explain. Despite this forum; well at least I assume, a male dominated one - there seems to be a rather odd obsession with "hard ons". There were ealier last week even attempted insults thrown my way with the words "Queenie" - which I can only assume has something to do with a version of sexuality. I couldn't possible say, but it seems to me, maybe some people need come out of the closet.

As for Rosella Sensi - "no one got a hard on" comment, this statement can only be wrong, as I believe she has a family. So it looks like someone at least got a "hard on".

Anyway; instead of getting off topic, all I wanted to stay, is that we were closer to winning a Scudetto with Rosella then with our American owners. If you like it or not, it is, a fact.

La Magica, Salmeen10 and Haakon24 repped this.
  14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I guess miracles do happen. Who knows, maybe we will win something again [emoji16]

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's right about one thing

16. Rosay

Rosay Member+