EJ & Adu: Aris vs Levadiakos (Superleague) 3/28 19:00 Greek/12:00 ET

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by nick_3f, Mar 26, 2010.

1. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not much to comment on this.
    Aris is at Greek cup final and this is the last home game of the normal season.
    Enthusiasm hits red for Aris fans so we expect nice soccer from our players.
    Levadiakos is fighting for relegation and will give his best to get a point from Aris.
    If you ask me to put my money for Adu's appearance this is the game i would choose. So expect EJ and Adu in my opinion. Squad will appear tomorrow so i m just guessing.
    Vamos Aris!

PS. Summer time for Europe this Sunday so i think the hours i write are ok.
    Clock goes 1 hour earlier for us in Greece.

Standings appear here
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20218998#post20218998

2. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Yea, I'm expecting Adu to be given some playing time in this one. If he's not, then you can start worrying. EJ could start in this game since everyone is tired from the game against Kavala. Anyway, we'll see what happens on Sunday.

3. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Adu is gonna start, plays well, scores a goal....then doesn't see the field for next 4-5 games. lol

j/k

4. rlawrence

rlawrence Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Totally agree here. Unless Aris has a really bad first half, I'd bet on Adu coming in around 60/65

5. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I heard on the radio yesterday that Cuper might rest some players and give a chance to those who haven't played a lot recently (they mentioned Adu). So he could start in this game. I hope I'm not giving you false hopes...

6. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    20 players
    Pescovits, Piovezan, Neto, Ortiz, Koulouheris, Nasouti, Calvo, Javito, Prittas, Garcia, Nafti, Campora, Koke, Arano, Labriakos, Daily, EJ, Adu, Aravidis, Vangeli.

7. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Just to mention that Meriem is out of the squad.
    So Adu will play 95% starter or sub.

8. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    I am sure that Cuper wants to rest Calvo because in last month he played a lot of games. So for this game wingers are Javito Calvo and Adu...(and Daily maybe)
    Lets see...

9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes! Hopefully Nacho gets to start too!

Edit: Why is meriem out?

10. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Cuper wants to rest many players. Meriem is one of them, he is 30 years old anyway.
    Nacho has many chances too. He will miss Olympiakos game cause of cards.

11. Bisonr

Bisonr Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Napoli, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how the Adu/Johnson YA GameDay thread gets posted 24 hours early and gets more replies than most of the other YAs playing today.
    Shows how much interest remains in these 2 players. Also is a testament to the outstanding Aris supporters.

12. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meriem out? The curse of Monaco lifted!!!:D (well, at least for one game)

13. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Adu gets a lot of playing time and does the most with it. Competition for a spot can be a good thing...

14. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    As long as Adu dosent try to be the Loan Ranger like he was trying to be vs AEK, he should be fine.

15. adutotti

adutotti New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    for aris fan... do you think is better meriem or adu or javito??

16. nostalgos

nostalgos New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Hi guys, I am a fanatic ARIS fan (in England right now) and I've enjoyed reading your posts concerning ARIS' games...

Unfortunatelly, I belive among the 3, Meriem is the best by far, then Javito and then Adu. The winger's position is mainly about speed and technique. Meriem has the technique, Javito has the speed, I am not sure what Freddy has...

On the other hand, I believe EJ can be quite useful due to his great physical condition. It would be quite interesting to try him on the wing too...

17. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I'd say Meriem atm. He's more reliable and he's more experianced. But that's not permanent.

And welcome aboard Nostalgos.

18. alexaras

alexaras New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Hey, and congratulations for the victory against Inter yesterday ;)

In my humble opinion, Meriem is best for the place, due to his experience, his techinque and his ability to make things look simple...

Just after i would pick Adu, because from the little that we have seen of him, he seems to have a fairly good passing ability and holding of the ball. Bad shots and sometimes many extra, unnecessary moves are his cons..

Last and least (;p) Javito's only pro, is his passion, which is translated in everlasting running and good defending ability.

19. FIREbradley

FIREbradley New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    I think during that 5-game stretch where Adu played, he was arguably the team's best player. He did have that 1 terrible half, but it looked like he was just fatigued (I hope) from those other 4 matches. Adu was a clear MOTM in one of the games, arguably MOTM in another game (2nd best at least), top-4 player in the other two games, and one of the worst in the 5th game, but almost everyone was bad on that game. It's just a shame that everyone only remembers the last half.

If Adu actually plays today and does well as usual, his critics will bash him for playing good against a weak opponent

20. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    Or, people will offer cautious praise, noting that proving himself against the top teams is the next logical step.

Of course, it all depends on how you interpret the comments. Fortunately, everyone on these boards views things evenhandedly and without any bias towards supporting their own arguments.

21. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with your overall perspective, but EJ is a side note here. He's there, so posters comment on him. If there was no EJ, and it was only Adu, the qualities of this thread would remain as you have observed...however, if it was EJ and no Adu, this thread would probably be even smaller than the other YAGD threads.

22. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I m at stadium.
    Big news. Adu and Ej start

23. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Heard it on the radio? Could you post the line up?

24. alexaras

alexaras New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Adu starts the match ;)

Lets hope he does great!

Go Aris! (i am heading to the ground)

25. alexaras

alexaras New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Pescovic, Neto, Kouloucheris, Ortiz, Vangeli, Nafti, Nacho, Calvo, Adu, EJ, Campora