EJ & Adu: Aris Salonica vs Panthrakikos, 6/2/2010 Postponed at Half due to rain

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Bellof-3, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Bellof-3

Bellof-3 New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Aris faces panthrakikos at "Kleanthis Vikelidis" without our fans due to the punishment for the invasion at giannena.

However, we will be there to sing for our favorite team... outside the stadium...

Both american players will play. There will be links available

2. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Re: EJ & Adu: Aris Salonica vs Panthrakikos, 6/2/2010, 16:45 greek time

3 days in advance?

3. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No....4 months;)

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Thats how BIG this game can be. Freddy Adus FIRST start for Aris! This COULD be the game, given his last performance with setting up the only goal of the game! . :p

5. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

The game will be broadcasted by a free-to-air channel, so I am guessing that finding links will be the easier task.

According to the latest reports about the game, Cuper is likely to protect Sergio Koke, given his 2 consecutive injuries, as well as the important upcoming Cup game against Xanthi, so there is high possibility that EJ begins the game. Of course, for Adu, things are even clearer, I think - and that's just a personal judgement. He satisfied his coach with his recent performance, the opponent is -theoretically- the easiest possible and all the other experiments on the left side (Daly, Calvo, Pitu) have failed. So, I am pretty confident he will start the game and perhaps will be substituted when tired, always according to the result.

We will have a more concrete base for further discussion about EJ and Adu, after Friday's press conference of Cuper.

Of course, the "main" event of Saturday's game will be the massive presence of Aris fans...outside the stadium! On this occasion, the surrounding official Aris' commercial stores will be packed with people watching the game and singing for our team. I just hope the players get encouraged and receive all this positive energy we will be sending to them and recompensate us with a comfortable victory.

6. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

when you say NO FANS, do you mean there's absolutely not a single soul in the stadium? or should we expect maybe a few hundreds?

7. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

In cases like that, the law permits only 100 people inside the stadium, 50 from each team. These people are given invitations from the administrations of the teams and in most times they are either members of the board or relatives/friends of the players.

The rest of us will be watching from the outside.

8. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

good. at least there will be people there to witness Adu making histories....lol

9. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki

Sifakis and Ronaldo Giaro are out(yellow cards).
    I think its very possible to see EJ or Freddy in first 11.

10. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

access denied. do you have to register?

12. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

I think SKAI's online player is destined only to greek IPs...

I am not sure, but that's what I have heard.

Don't worry, there will be streams ;)

13. Vegalta_Sendai

Feb 14, 2000
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey, I can read that now! ΣΚΑΪ is pronounced "SKAI!" See, all these Adu Greek threads *have* helped learning the Greek alphabet! (lowercase characters are still confusing to me, though...) Yeah, I know it's simple, but, a few weeks ago, I didn't know how to read Greek at *all*! :)

14. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

Greek alphabet is

Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Similar :D
    Dont forget Greek is the root of all!
    If you ve seen my big fat greek wedding :p

Super3 Fan clubs Main page
    I think it says it all. "We will be there"
    [​IMG]

15. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

Nafti is doubtful for the game, he got injured in training. Nothing serious, but he 'll probably miss the game. So the midfield remains the same with Prittas and Nacho.

Off-topic, today we got Camel Meriem too. He played in Monaco last year with Adu, has anyone here seen him play? Was he good? You might answer in the Aris topic ( https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395114&page=25 ) if you want.

16. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

The 18 players for tomorrow's game:

Peskovic, Frasheri, Neto, Ortiz, Kouloucheris, Nasuti, Calvo, Javito, Prittas, Nacho Garcia, Vangelj, Campora, Koke, Arano, Lambriakos, Aravidis, Johnson, Adu

Frasheri is the youngster GK who took the third GK's place (got injured in the last training). In addition, we have the first participation of Cesar Ortiz, our new signing.

17. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

Cuper's statements about the game:

[​IMG]

«For me it's a whole new experience, I have never played without fans, either as a player or as a coach. It's gonna a little bit weird not to have the familiar atmosphere Aris fans create every time. As far as I know, they will be outside the stadium to learn the final result.

I have said many times in the past that all parts of a team can be worked out but it's bizarre to train your team in order to play without its fans. There won't be a soccer atmosphere; soccer is supposed to be played in front of fans, especially our incredible ones. When you play on the road, the energy from the opponents can be transmitted even to you, as well. It's an extra motivation. So, our main problem for tomorrow will be their absence, despite the fact that we are playing against the last team.

I have great respect for all my opponents, I never underestimate none of them, regardless of their position. I want to underline that, because not having the fans will deprive us from a motivation. My players must find their strength and overcome that. The opponent will try to get the most out of this game, but we only want the 3 points.

I want to make smth clear. I respect Panthrakikos. However, our biggest rival will be ourselves. We must "invent" an imaginary ambience. I just hope our fans will give us the energy from outside. I am saying all these, because Aris fans are very special. They exercise tremendous pressure on you, even when you feel like relaxing a bit. It's always positive if you have the personality to deal with it.

Beyond tactics, that's all about tomorrow's game. It's gonna be a new experience tomorrow; not a pleasant one, but surely an experience. Apart from the tactical analysis, how you will defend or attack, it's an extra challenge how we will react under these circumstances. We have to be ready from the very first minute, from the moment we get out of the locker rooms.

We calculate and realise our strenghts. We have 3 important upcoming games and we must find our balance and perform our best. These psychological aspects burden the coach, the players just have to play as well as they can. We have been working on certain subjects that we had to improve and from which none of us was satisfied. Tommorow it's gonna be a special occasion and we must react accordingly.

I don't know how many we will be inside the stadium, but all of us who will actually be, we must substitute the passion lacking from the fans with an inner motivation. Apart from these, we have several yellow card bans and injuries. But, I still believe it's gonna a good day for us.

Sometimes when you face the last team, there's a relaxing ambience, but that's a trap. We can't afford to underestimate them. For sure, we are the favorites but we won't have our 12th player: our fans. When someone relaxes, fans can wake them up.

My players are obligated to give their 100%, because such games are conquered if they have the maximum of their performance. We can't afford giving a single point to other team. No matter who plays tomorrow, he must know that he has to overcome his self, in order to claim a position for the upcoming games, too. So, I am expecting from everybody to show how valuable they are.

I am fully satisfied with January's transfers. We did the best we could. It's a hard period to find players, but I am very happy with the players signed. As far as the last player, there are certain minor technicalities, but my experience has taught me that these can become major ones. We are very close, though." (the player is Camel Meriem, ex-French international, ex-Bordeaux, ex-Marseille, ex-Monaco who was officialy announced. Check out the official Aris thread in BS)

18. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey

I couldn't decide which way to go with attendance smack:

Option A:
    At least Freddy can draw on his valuable experience playing in empty stadiums for AS Monaco and Belenonsense..

Option B:
    At least Freddy and Eddie can draw on their valuable experience playing against (insert MLS team of your choice)

19. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007

He is very "solid" not flashy, won't make you say WOW but will be in good position and play hard. I watched plenty of AS Monaco games hoping Adu would play, Meriem was always a good performer.

20. Vegalta_Sendai

Feb 14, 2000
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Of course!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL9whwwTK6I"]YouTube- My Big fat greek wedding - Give me any word, and I show you how the root is greek...[/ame]

21. TheNightmanCometh

Jan 25, 2010

Excuse my ignorance.

Any big problems with viruses on these webcasts?

I'd like to give this match a shot. I assume that Norton should be good enough.

Sorry and thanks.

22. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

SKAI's link that was mentioned before is 100% safe. It's the official page of a TV channel.

None of the streams posted here is actually dangerous. I think that Norton should be enough to get yr job done.

:)

23. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids

No fans huh. Well Adu should be used to that from playing in Monaco and Belenenses.

24. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007

Almost as bad as playing for the Colorado Rapids who's average attendance had fallen from 20k in 2002 to 13k in 2009, which is about the average attendance (12,312) of Aris in their smaller stadium :D

25. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

Aris average attendance is much more than 12.300. Approx. 18k-20k attend each Aris' home game.

The 12.300 are the tickets sold. Add the season tickets, as well as the children up to 12 years old who enter free and there you have the final number.

Generally speaking, in Greece we don't count the attendance, but the sold tickets; smth totally wrong IMO, because the number of sold tickets doesn't always paint the exact picture - which is actually Aris' case.