Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe / TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2010/2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I agree. But unless 1860 truly dissolved his contract, Biancucchi does not have a leg to stand on. The only way to prove that a contract is dissolved is to have written proof. Given his agent had not heard ANYTHING and Girona has not mentioned anything about a contract being dissolved, it makes this whole story very, very interesting.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why should Girona have to mention a dissolved contract?

They believe they signed a player in good faith.

Do you see every team present a player and say, "We signed him because we know he was free??"

Girona did what every team does when they sign a new player.

If there is anything "wrong" with the transfer, I think the reason for that will be 1860 or Biancucchi.

3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I know a bit about how teams sign players, and usually clubs have lawyers on retainer who have the job of checking every player out by contacting their current clubs to make sure they are "legit". I have a few friends who do that for German teams and one for a Spanish team. This is quite common. So either Girona does not do this or they simply like rolling the dice. The punishment is not worth it.

I agree that whenthis is resolved we will be calling someone moron.

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Or "backstabbing, lying bastard moron........"

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    With Buelow and Bell back, Buck will move outside left again and Ignjovski will move back to the double 6 role. Lovin looks to be benched for Stahl who seems to have re-impressed Maurer in the last game. Volland is back up front with Lauth so seems Ludwig is out of favor again. It will be interesting to see I Wood gets another sub role or if he goes with someone else. My guess is Biero and Aigner are not 100% just yet but we will see.

[​IMG]

6. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching TSV game on-line on second screen at work. Looking very good against Fortuna Dusseldorf 96. Mauer has a lot of youngsters growing up on the pitch. Looks like both team are young. Ole Gabor Kiraly looks like the senior citizen he is. Would be nice to see us carry scoreline. Don't think it will help that much in table improvement.

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Volland looked like he did not want to get hurt going in on those "almost" goals.

The 1-1 was a total comedy of poor defending. To dominate a match like that AT HOME and give up another two points just shows me we are STILL weak in the midfield and that focking double-6 is NOT working. Had we played a 4-2-3-1 today I think we would have dominated them and converted a few more.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't believe things are that simple.

Some things are just that simple in football, but I don't believe this is one of them.

I don't believe simply changing the formation will solve 1860's problem.

Sometimes teams just don't get the job done for other reasons.

Sometimes it is a hot goalkeeper.

Sometimes it is bad luck.

Sometimes it is not enough quality to finish the job.

Sometimes things just don't go your way.

I just believe that if the real problem was something as simple as a formation change, Maurer could figure that out.

I don't think Maurer is a bonehead like his boss. I think it it were really something that simple, Maurer would fix it.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Unfortunately there were tactical holes all over that pitch which went unchallenged. A changed in for mation is EXACTLY what coaches are taught to do to fix that. Oh well.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lack of quality could also be the cause of those "holes".

But OK. Maybe Maurer is a bonehead too........

11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    No, I just think he is conservative...though not as much as Lienen. I also think Stevic has a larger hand in what Maurer does than we know.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I honestly don't know man.

I watched the match last night, but I am slowly weaning myself off 1860.

I'll miss them when I'm back there anyhow.

Well, that is unless a good "LoewenBrother" lets me use his LoewenTV account from time to time! LOL!!

My return time is coming up quickly.

Before you know it, we'll be having our usual "fights" over a nice mug of bier!! ;)

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I feel good about Maurer this time. I think he *does* have a vision for the team and the players (most of them anyway) clearly like him. Rakic, I think, has not gotten a fair shake....and I am the guy who does not think much of him. I wonder if Rakic not getting a good role has to do with Stevic-Maurer feud. They don't like each other that is clear. Maurer's choices for a formation/line-ups have been less controversial than Lienen, though I wish he would play more attacking football and play guys at their strengths (i.e., Ludwig as an AM, Lovin as a DM behind a 3-man midfield, wingers like Volland, Biero and Aigner as simple attacking wingers).

For me, Monday night was a great example of having the right players to play, the right opponent, the right location, but the wrong formation. The double-6 is a failed experiment at 1860 for the most part; we simply do not have the right players to make that big hole in midfield work. Leitner was a step in that direction but he is gone. Stahl has gone too defensive and Lovin cannot get up AND back that fast. The diamond midfield creates too many holes behind our AM and overloads us against teams like FCA, Bochum and MSV. The 4-2-3-1, on the other hand, allows our three best attacking players (Lauth, Biero and Aigner) to be solely on attack for the most part, with the AM (Ludwig or Volland) time to get up and back and STILL have two DMs waiting (Ignjovski, Lovin/Stahl) to plug the counter.

Any way, it is each to armchair coach this but I would think at least trying it could not hurt. I mean, we are not scoring and are drawing far too many games anyway.:rolleyes::cool:

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, where we break here is clear. You think the problem is player usage/formation.

I think the problems are inevitable due to lack of quality in the squad.

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    No, I agree with that too. I think where we differ is that I think the 4-2-3-1 hides those problems better than the 4-4-2.:D

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pretty close. I don't think we "differ".

I think you're convinced it will and I'm just not sure.

Really, I don't necessarily disagree. I just don't know anymore.

This is why I say I don't know that a formation change willl fix the problem.

I mean just that. I really don't know...... :eek:

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I would agree with that too. I am not confident it would work either...would just like to see it tried.:D

Did you see the foul Roesler made on Lovin last night? Not sure if it was just Roelser laziness or stupidity or both.

Trying to find highlights of the match to post but most of the accounts have been shut down by Youtube.:mad:

18. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Footyfan1-
    Always there with great commentary on all subjects Bundesliga. You must be living the high life now that Dortmund has stepped up so well this season. I know you (and all other BvB 09 fans) have been suffering a long time and it is nice to see the Schwartz/Gelb challenging Bayern and looking like the eventual BL 1 Ligameister!

While I am not feeling all that great for the FCB Bayernische, it would be boring to have FCB winning the title every season and BvB should always be up at or near the top to make it a worthwhile season. Juergen Klopp is a management genius much like Ottmar Hitzfeld, only with a pulse and personality so non-traditional and refreshing among Bundesliga managers.

Truly sad to not see BvB advance in Europaliga action. However, next season you'll be on the big CL stage. Kudos and well done BvB and loyal fans like Footyfan1!

Cheers . . . Woody;)

19. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I feel for the man because it has been so long since the last meister and he won't be in-country to see them lift it if they do win.:(

Klopp's style (unafraid to use young talent) is very nice to see. When you see the list of kids who BVB has on loan and what THEY are doing for their team, it is scary to think how good they could be if they can hold it together.

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gentlemen. It hasn't been THAT LONG.

It has only been nine years. Don't forget we won the 2001-2002 Bundesliga title.

I can name some others in the 1. Liga and 2. Liga who have suffered a lot more than we have........

And Garry, you've seen how I'll see everything if we win!

Plus, I was in the stadium the last time we won it, so that will carry me for awhile! LOL!!

Dude that "list of kids" consists of two players.

Julian Koch (Duisburg) and of course, Moritz Leitner (Augsburg).

The other two players BVB have out on loan are Tamas Hajnal and Dimitar Rangelov. They are 29 and 27 respectively.

Hardly "kids."

That is, unless you're comparing them to us! LOL!! :D

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Six Reasons to Support 1860

The TZ has an article which notes 6 key reasons to support the club. They note that the team may be out of the promotion race and, if current form continues (winning few, drawing many), may also keep them out of the relegation struggle which will leave them "little to play for" and be a "boring" season for fans. So the TZ cite the reasons the fans should not give up on the team and club. I will paraphrase them below:
    1. Attendance: 1860 stands third in the overall 2.BL attendance table. Pride, and revenue for the club, should be something that continues to draw the fans to support their club. TZ notes that attendance has sharply declined in the last three years.
    2. Investors: Without new money 1860 will continue to run into financial troubles and the license will always be in jeopardy. With a team that is performing well, as inspired by the fans, it will prove to be the best advertisement for the club to attract a new investor. Poor attendance and poor performance will not impress anyone.
    3. Continuity: Whenever a team's objective (in this case promotion) is not achieved the coach comes under fire. Also the sporting director. Continuity in these positions will underscore the club's objectives and demonstrate that they want to work through a crisis. [LB Comment: I agree with this BUT you know why we need to get rid of Stevic:D]
    4. Transfer Revenue: With little to no income 1860 needs to raise money. Players like Stahl, Schindler and Camdal would raise needed money. Then the club can put players like Wood and Ziereis in the window for potential sale. [LB Comment: While I agree we need the cash, this is always a last resort. We cannot continue to sell our future this way.]
    5. Players' Future: 1860 needs to realize that under their current financial condition they cannot continue to pay for top players like their competition. Players also are looking out for their future. The club needs to secure players who they can pay for and who can perform well. Who wants a player who, after the 22 match day, really has given up?
    6. Promotion: Despite the "A Word" (Aufsteig or promotion) being banned by Stevic on Monday, 1860 should not stop thinking about it. Several teams have put together good winning streaks this spring and have raised their table place 7-10 positions. With so many games left, 1860 can conceivably do the very same. [LB Comment: I find it odd that the very man who was selling promotion for the last two years based on NOTHING is now the one calling on people to stop using the word.:rolleyes:]
    Oddly enough, much of what is contained in the above "advice" is stuff rational 1860 fans have been calling for since 2007. Much of the above was actually what Reuter was trying to implement. Just think where we might be had the board decided to have "continuity" with Reuter and Kurz!

22. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Ghvinianidze is gone...

Perhaps the hardest name evr to spell, is gone to Sevatapol. I have not seen the terms of the deal yet but he is no longer a Loewen. Will post more as I have time.

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Re: Ghvinianidze is gone...

Here is the Kicker article, but it just says that he left for Sevastapol, they are in relegation danger and they want an experienced player like Mate to build upon.

Gabor Kiraly has signed a new contract. Talk a bout a loyal guy!! HE had a clause in his current contract that would automatically renew until 2012 at his current, unreduced, salary. HOWEVER, he has agreed to sign a contract making 10% less until 2012 to help the club out financially. Bierofka did the same thing but extended through 2013. THAT is loyalty for which the sorry-ass fans who are staying away in droves should show their respect. Of the "key players" up this summer, only Ludwig, Ignjovski and Lauth has yet to resign. Also, amateur players like Ziereis and Wood are not under pro contracts.

24. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Six Reasons to Support 1860

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ghvinianidze is gone...

Dude, why did you even put Ignjovski on there?

He's on a loan deal. There's no chance in hell he's staying.

He's going to Fiorentina.

I don't expect Ludwig to stay on a reduced contract.

He can make peanuts in the 1. Liga playing for St. Pauli.

With Lauth, I think if he gets a good enough offer from a decent club, he'll walk too.

I don't wish it, I just think he will.....