Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe / TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2010/2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And you would think they would have known to do something.

After KC signed, #33 quickly became the top selling 1860 jersey.

I remember telling you that during the opening match of that season, I saw a bunch of #33 jerseys in the stands.

There were even more for his second home game. Those weren't Americans either......

Like you said. "Really foked up..." :mad:

Dude, you don't seem to be thinking of the license/financial conditions 1860 have to be under.

Every financial move has to be in agreement with their license conditions.

And we know there are some, or they wouldn't have been docked two points.

They might not be able to sign Bobby Wood to a pro contract. I seriously doubt they can.

Even with that, I don't think they are in danger of losing Bobby Wood.

I hope you don't think the entire Bundesliga just waits to see what young prospect 1860 might be presenting them with next.

I can assure you that isn't happening.

Kids like Volland and Leitner could have come up with any club and their club would have been in danger of losing them based on its financial condition.

It is easy to sit here and blast Stevic.

But do we know what he can actually do??

2. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys see this?

Beda is gone. Lauth rejects an offer. At least that is what I could decipher.

3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Keith, re/Wood, you can always find money to protect certain players IF you plan right. But if you have no clue on how to run a club then, yeah, it's easy to hide behind the "we have financial" problems issue.

Knew about the Beda thing, that was no surprise but glad he is gone. Lauth's comments are interesting; clearly there is a limit to even club favorite's tolerance for what is going on. If I were in Augsburg now I would be calling Lauth's agent. :D

Not mentioned yet is that Beeck has stepped down. Frankly I am surprised he has not stepped down earlier. With Schneider being such an outspoken vice president Beeck has been no where in the last few months. Everyone knew Schneider was controlling the club. Now it remains to be seen how this will impact the club.

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Beda worked out a pretty good deal for himself. Other than FC Basel, FC Zurich is one of the places to be in Switzerland.

And yes, Lauth rejected an extension offer from the club with a further pay cut.

Lauth said he has already taken all the pay cuts he's going to take and he won't even consider such an offer from 1860.

I don't remember how long Lauth is signed through, but unless 1860 is going to find a way to pay him, they'd better consider selling him.......

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, I didn't say Stevic was "innocent" or "right" here.

But do you actually know what license/financial conditions the club is under at the moment??

If you don't, there might be more to the story than "Stevic is a moron."

I agree that he is a f#cking moron, but even morons deserve to be rated FAIRLY.

Goddamnit. This is like that stupid f#cking we used have when you would accuse Reuter of not having enough "savvy."

We know Stevic is a moron, but even morons should get the benefit of the doubt in some cases.

If running a club was as simple as you seem to think it is, everyone would be successful.

6. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    You seem to be laboring under the assumption that the DFL laid down conditions restricting the club. They didn't. The ONLY thing the DFL wanted to see was 1860's plan on how to mange their debt and finances. It was up to THE CLUB to say what they would do NOT the DFL!! The ONLY thing the DFL said was "you better have a plan and be able to show you can pay your bills!!" They DID NOT tell the HOW they had to do it. So the excuse of the DFL limiting the club and Stevic is puss bull shit. So, yeah, I CAN blame Stevic for lack of foresight on this.

EDIT: Example....they re-signed Schindler today.

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're not even close to what I'm talking about Garry.

You've got such a hard-on for Stevic that you can't be reasonable when it comes to him.

I'm talking about back when 1860 got docked the two points.

Whenever you get docked or even close to it, you just don't go back to business as usual.

They put limitations on you.

AFTER THAT came the due date for the financial plan.

I didn't say they couldn't extend anyone! But I know if they do, it sure as hell has to pass muster with the DFB.

I've been around long enough to know that much.

Didn't they do the Biero deal afterward??

Just like I'm totally certain the money for a Kiraly deal is there, but until something is done, I'll bet Kiraly is the only one that money can be used for.

AGAIN, I AM NOT F#CKING SAYING THAT STEVIC IS RIGHT, INNOCENT OR EVEN DOING A F#CKING GOOD JOB!!

I am saying, let's make sure we've got our stories straight before blasting him at every turn.

8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well, the DFL puts GENERAL contraints on a a club in terms of what their balance sheet must look like, but they DO NOT tie their hands on HOW that works, other than the 50+1 rule. They DO NOT tell a team who they can sign and who they cannot. Hell, they don't even tell a team HOW MUCH they can spend or how they raise their money. AS LONG AS they are 1) operating within the law, 2) operating within the constraints of DFL policy (i.e., keeping x amount of cash on hand, keeping debt/equity ratios within DFL standards, etc.). As long as they abide by the DFL's general guidelines they have FREE FOCKING REIGN to do what ever the hell they want to with the club.

Well, yes, THAT is my point: If they were smart they would have accounted for signing guys like Wood as part of their plan. That was my VERY point!

Yes, and made the offer to Lauth. I can only assume that those contracts, as well as Schindler's, is a result of their "plan". So why not Wood? THAT is my point.

Well, they really don't NEED money for the Kiraly deal. His contract is part of the operations budget, which was included in their plan. If Kiraly starts and plays 24 games his contract is AUTOMATICALLY renewed at the negotiated cost.

Lauth's "poker" right now actually hurts the club because there is likely no negotiating room to give him more UNLESS we sell x players. My guess is 1860 was conservative in their estimate on who they could sell (at least that is my hope) given we cannot control who is interested in our players for purchase.

My facts are straight. I think you misunderstood my point. If we agree that the money for contracts for Lauth and Biero were part of the "approved" deal, and clearly they had to include Schindler's recent contract in those "approved" monies, then why not Wood?

Answer: Either Stevic does not plan on doing that or he has not done it yet. But one thing is clear...nothing is tying his hands from doing it UNLESS he failed to plan for such a contingency. THAT is my point.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sure they do man.

The last time Frankfurt got blasted, it was for this very thing.......

I'm done. We aren't so far apart again.

This has just become about how much leeway we as individuals are willing to give Stevic.

11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    But you are comparing two totally differed rulings. If you look at what the DFL told 1860 you will see there were NO directives DFL gave the club other than balance your books and show us the transparent plan. That's it. It was up to the club to show how.

Even if your point of view was right it does not explain why Schindler gets a contract and not Wood unless the club made that decision themselves.

This is not speculation, the DFL directive was reported in the press in it's entirety.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As stated, I'm done with this one.

Perhaps it is something we can discuss over a few beers in the near future. :D

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Savio Nsereko II????

It appears Emmanuel Biancucchi is AWOL (that military for "absent withou leave). He was SUPPOSED to be in Italy training with Cesena but appears he was in Spain instead. Further a Spanish second division club has said on their website that he has signed with them; further it is reported that the Spanish FA has confirmed this. One problem: neither 1860 nor his agent are aware of ANY talks with this club, nor does he have freedom to do so!! The penalty is 6-24 months suspension.

This is shaping up to be another weird story.

http://www.merkur-online.de:80/sport/tsv-1860/biancucchi-transfer-posse-meta-1105161.html?cmp=defrss

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Savio Nsereko II????

If 1860 gets some cash out of this, I won't care either way.......

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

Well I think UEFA will have something to say about this. They simply cannot allow a player to go off and negotiate his own contract no matter how beneficial it may be to 1860.

1860 blew it by admitting publically they knew nothing. Had they said
    No comment they could have handled this behind the scenes. Now it is out there and UEFA will weigh in to be sure.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

UEFA was always going to know about it man.

Situations like this don't get kept secret for very long.

I believe 1860 publicly admitting they knew nothing strengthens their hand in whatever settlement might come out of this.

Especially if it gets ugly.

I might understand why Biancucchi did this, but he's still wrong.

Girona is wrong too.

I don't think 1860 "blew" anything. I think they did the right thing.

On the other hand, if 1860 and Girona decide to negotiate a deal, UEFA will more than likely just let the situation go.

They won't be "chomping at the bit" to deal with this thing.........

If Biancucchi has signed with someone like Atletico Madrid or Espanyol, UEFA might be more inclined to get involved.

But for this, again, they'll more than likely let the clubs work things out if they can.

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

I could see that.

Yeah, and it will. He wants gone and wants to go where HE wants to go. Oddly enough I fail to see that, if his father/uncle was negotiating Girona, why they did not tell his agent or club they had an offer? 1860 would have likely jumped at ANYTHING reasonable. I guess this is just Argentine thinking; that they don't have to follow typical rules? We should ask Fer. :D

Big time!!!

I cannot see that. Here you have a player under contract that broke all the rules. I could see them letting a deal go through PROVIDED 1860 and Girona agree (and the player agrees), BUT I could also see a fine going to the player AND club for pulling something like that. If you "let it go" you simply say to other players/clubs this is okay behavoiur.

18. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    More Loewen News....

• Erima will no longer be the equipment company for 1860. Appears that Uhlsport (read: ugly focking kit maker) may be the new supplier. One of the reasons is that the 3 year contract is up with Erima and, given the financial condition of 1860, the cost of the new line for the next season is a cost the club could push off until AFTER the license for the new season is granted if they postpone the decision to renew.
    • Fredi Heiss has said no to helping out Schneider. He basically said that he has had it with the club and their politics.
    • Beeck on why he is leaving the President job. I love his quote that "I promised that I would only leave the club when all the interanl strife has been elimianted, and now it is time to pass the baton".:rolleyes: "Internal strife" gone???? As Keith would say, "Mother focker, please!":rolleyes:

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: More Loewen News....

1) Would be nice if they picked a company that sold their gear in the US.

2) Who is Heiss again? I can't keep up with the cast of characters

3) Beeck - how long was he there?

edit: Just saw Beeck has been there 2 months. The guy is a miracle worker.

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Apparently Uhlsport is in the US, but they don't carry any uniforms - just accessories.

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just got the email from Uhlsport - they will carry replicas in the US.

22. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

uhlsport have grabbed kaiserslautern to for 11/12 and union berlin .. nabbed them both from do you football i see , i thought they only made goalie gloves and stuff .uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh .. just had a look at their "lines" on their site... fugly isnt the word :(

with beeck leaving .. is there a replacement in line or is that job elected? .. could teflon be made pres .. or no chance?

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

I like them for keeper kits, but their field gear is just ugly....and tight.

Fredi (Alfred) Heiss is a old-time 1860 player and has held many positions at the club. At 70, he has more than helped the club and was being asked by Schneider to come back and try to help put a positive face on all that is going on. We are hemmoraging good will like no tomorrow and we need to get our credibility back....Heiss was seen as a step in that direction. His response, to me, says it all.

Since May 2008. He took over when that asshold von Linde stepped down.

Yup...really ugly stuff.

Well, oddly enough his resignation mentioned good luck to his successor, though he did not name who that was. I think there is a vote soon and Schneider, as vice president, is expected to take over. The only other person would be Frank Maget (the other vice) and he is a moron.

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  25. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Uhlsport stuff

Do you think 60 is paying for their stuff?

Has anyone read the pdf files about Union and Kaiserslautern?