Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe / TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2010/2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude.

We don't need to call Leitner back prematurely just because Kagawa got injured.

Unlike many other clubs, we have options on hand.

OPTION 1: We still have Mohamed Zidan, who was doing a very good job in that position before he got injured himself last sesaon.

OPTION 2: We can still move Mario Götze, who was outstanding on that position against Stuttgart, over to that position for the rest of the season.

OPTION 3: We can move Antonio da Silva, who is Sven Bender's backup at the moment, to central midfield. Central midfield is da Silva's natural position. Sebastian Kehl is finally due back soon and he can back up Sven.

OPTION 4: We still have Hungarian international central midfielder Tamas Hajnal on our roster. Sure, we're trying to dump him, but until we do, he's still technically an option.

But if they consider him, they may as well.........

OPTION 5: Go ahead and move Götze to the center and play the soon-to-be fit again Florian Kringe on the right.

OPTION 6: We can always find a cheap, but EXPERIENCED alternative. If they wanted to buy, Stuttgart's Elson could be an option.

I believe I have just clearly shown we don't need Leitner right away.

Of all the options I just listed, Klopp is more likely to go with Option 1 or Option 2.

The likliest being Option 2.

I think Leitner's future with BVB is either going to be at D-Mid or on the right side of midfield.

The only way we would even use him on the Bundesliga team next season is if Kehl retires, Sahin leaves or they give up on Kuba for the right side of midfield.

To be honest, we wouldn't even really need him if Kehl or Sahin leaves because of the strides Antonio da Silva is making at d-mid.

A decision won't be made on Kuba until the end of the season. If Leitner is impressive enough for FCA, this could be a factor in BVB's decision on what to do with Kuba.

Kuba is under contract through 2013, so I don't see him going anywhere unless there is a decent offer. However, I do know fan patience with Kuba is wearing thin.

When that happens in Dortmund, usually the patience of the management team isn't far behind.

But nothing would happen there before next season.

Dude, BVB can consider allowing Leitner to stay at FCA for another season simply because we can afford to do it.

I'm not trying to be "snippy" here, but I have to ask this question. It is a serious question.

Would BVB calling Leitner back even be an issue with you if he were still loaned to 1860?

In other words, do you want BVB to call the kid back just because he's at FCA now??

It wouldn't be so good for BVB to call Leitner back just have him sitting on the bench.

He needs to play at the highest level possible.

I don't know that BVB would extend Leitner's loan at FCA if asked.

But I don't see any reason why BVB shouldn't do it.......

2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Meh, I was not saying they recall him right away. I was saying they would be silly to leave him at FCA if they get promoted.

And we both know if you guys win the BL some folks are gonna try to raid you.

3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Loewen News....

• Rakic is under pressure from Mauer to perform better. It has been since September since he has scored, though to be honest I don't think he has been given as much of a chance as Lauth has to improve his numbers. Frankly, he has been treated no better than Cooper was last year.
    • In the same article Maurer notes his "system" has be predicated on the 4-2-3-1 all year. Funny, when I have watched, more often than not it looked like a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield.
    • Schneider has ruled out any fan-based call for monetary help for the club. He is quoted as saying, "Doing so would repeat the same mistakes of the past".
    • Appears Beda may have two more teams interested in him.:eek: Would he just go to MLs already??
    • Good article in Kicker.
      • The club is looking at selling off part of the club to an investor in order to raise cash. This would be different than the fan-based actions done before whereby we sold "shares" of the club to fans....which was a miserable failure.
      • They continue to talk to Bayern about lowering the catering costs.
      • Player sales are not out of the question, including perhaps Lauth, Kiraly, Ghvinianidze and the ever-popular Beda. However, both Lauth and Kiraly have contract renewals in front of them....Kiraly has an automatic one year extension if he starts 24+ games with 1860 this season. Tschaunder's contract expires in the summer, and with the talented young keepers behind him he will almost assuredly leave...albeit on a free.
      • According to Kicker, both Stevic and Maurer have contracts up this summer. The board is happy to extend with Stevic (OMFG:mad:) but are cautious about Maurer depedning on how the team fares.
    I have a feeling we are stuck with Stevic for a long, long time.:(

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No it isn't. He'd still see a better chance of playing time with them than he will in Dortmund.

This is about developing the kid.

The more time he gets at a higher level, the better.

They can try all they like.

BVB isn't locking these young guys up just to sell them at higher prices.

BVB has actually done the "locking up" of young players that you constantly and correctly rip Stevic for not doing.......

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Beda perhaps to Zurich. He is there for a medical now. Reportedly a Danish club has asked about him. At this point, who HASN'T asked about him?:rolleyes:

Lauth may be playing contract poker with 1860, but for another reason than you might suspect. Lauth really likes Maurer. He is quoted here as saying, "He really knows how I tick". He goes on further to say, "Who you play for really makes a difference." With Maurer's contract running out this summer, as well as Lauth's, I wonder if he is making these statements as a subtle (or not-so-subtle) attempt to say, "If he goes, I might go"?

Not that this is true, this is just my speculation.

6. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you guys rate Mauer?

I know nothing about him, but he seems to be doing about the same as Lienen did with less and in a situation that is only getting worse. Hard to tell what moves are his and which are directives from above/Stevic. He does seem to be popular with the players, at least with Lauth.

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I think he has done well with what he has to work with and under the conditions. He seems more stable than Lienen in that he is not constantly changing the line-ups. But then again, Maurer seems to be luckier in that games where he has stuck with his players/line-ups, the club has either drawn or won....as opposed to Lienen who kept changing things because he was losing those very same games.

Anyone who thinks Stevic is a moron is okay in my book. :D

8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Bobby Wood Article...

The AZ has an article on Bobby Wood and his first team call up. It says that Wood was called up for the first time for last week's game in Onsabrueck where he sat on the bench, and how he has recently been on the radar screen of the US national team. Said Wood, "Things have been progressing here step by step. I just made the first team and hopefully I will get the chance soon to play."

He goes on to talk about the differences between playing at the youth levels (U23 and below) and playing against pros. "Against youth opponents it was much easier to dribble. Now one needs to be much cleverer in their movements." What Trainer Maurer has in store for him is still up in the air. "In training I play mostly up front, sometimes on the wings. I think the Trainer has not decided where best to play me. But somewhere up front in the attacking third in any event" said Wood.

The last paragraph talks about how Wood came to 1860 at 14 and immediately had problems adjusting to the language and living conditions. "It took me 18 months until I could speak German. In the beginning it was a difficult time for me, but I have had a great last six months and the last year has also been good for me" said Wood who spoke of the close friendships he has developed. "We have a really good group, the chemistry works. Everyone is friends with everyone. I cannot complain and it is up to me to make the most of my situation."

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Bobby Wood Article...

Sounds a lot like his interview on MLSnet that I read earlier this week.

10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Re: Bobby Wood Article...

A bit...a few different quotes but for the most part the same.

11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    1860 gg. MSV

The proposed line up is below. Frankly, I think this is smart given how well MSV played in the DFB Pokal earlier this week. If they look tired and weak, this formation can always flex Volland forward and go either into a diamond midfield or a double 6 midfield.

The sub list is: 3 Bell, 9 Rakic, 13 Aygün, 14 Wood, 15 Aigner, 19 Ghvinianidze, 20 Camdal, 23 Schwarz, 25 Biancucchi, 29 Ziereis, 34 Hofstetter, 36 Ratei.

I would suspect that Tschauner, Bell and Aigner are obvious automatic subs for the roster of 16. My guess is Rakic or Wood might also be possible, perhaps also Camdal. I cannot see the other dressing out unless Bell is really not ready to play...in that case it would be either Ayguen or Hofstetter to dress.

[​IMG]

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big match tomorrow, isn't it?? ;)

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yeah, home match against MSV. Some are reporting this as a "must win", but given how well MSV has been playing I don't see it that way. Yes it is a home game and we should do well, we all know our team has trouble putting the ball in the net.

I expect the game to be low scoring, assuming 1860 does not go down early. If the game stays 0-0 through the first half I think we can take it. If we go down like against Bochum, I think we are in trouble and in for a long contest.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, a match being a "must win" has nothing to do with the opponent's form.

It simply means 1860 needs to win the match for some reason.

In this case, I believe they are saying if 1860 doesn't win, it will make 1860's already slim promotion chances almost non-existent.

If 1860 loses this match, they fall nine points behind currently third-placed Duisburg.

I think that is what they mean.

15. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Footyfan that this relates more to "promotion" chances over anything else. With Duisburg flying high off their 2-0 DFB Pokal victory over Kaiserslautern, 1860 will find this to be a tougher match than usual.

As a distant outside observer, I am inclined to think that Mauer is doing very well for 1860 despite all the financial conflict and recent player exodus. he has been able to keep most key performers and Die Löwen have never really been out of any of their matches this season.

While I think promotion would be delusional fantasy, the fact remains they could feasably finish amoung the Top 7. Not bad for a team docked two points early and in the throws of administration. JMHO.:rolleyes:

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two points lost to a put-back goal by a POS like Schaeffler.

That has to sting.....

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Dude, you may not like Schaeffler but "POS"? That's a bit harsh.

Some fans were pissed at his celebration. But when you have been treated like he has by this mgmt I can totally see why he celebrated. 1860 has only themselves to blame. You NEVER leave one of your old players that open as they are ALWAYS uebermotivted to score against you.

As for Rakic, I think he just played himself back on to the bench for a while. Player Nd coach comments like seem to indicate he should have closed a few more chances. Wood got his first game as a pro. I wonder if he becomes the new Joker instead of Rakic.

http://www.abendzeitung.de/sport/tsv_1860/244698

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Really? He couldn't get a game at 1860 or MSV. And it isn't as if MSV has a roster of good strikers.

He only got in yesterday because it was his old club.

POS is my opinion. The kid has all the tools and is pissing them away.

I wasn't looking for anyone's agreement.

I agree with you here. Don't blame him one bit for celebrating.

That ball fell perfectly for him. All he had to do was knock it in.

Which to his credit, he did quickly.

As you've stated before, I don't think Rakic is being treated very fairly. He isn't getting to play through his bad spells.

And I think the only one who criticized Lauth during his long shitty periods was me.....

19. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    We have a different definition of POs then.

Yup, this is true. Seems they have MORE than enough patience for guys pereceived as "club players" but not for anyone else. There is a long list of non-club strikers who have not really been given the same chances as buys like Lauth. I posted in the Wood thread that I thought he would become the Joker over Rakic. Given that both Volland and Wood can go in either up front or on the wing, I think it bodes well for both's future chances. If Camdal goes to Turkey I could see Wood getting slotted behind Aigner/Biero in the team line-up as a sub, with Volland first choice with Lauth if they play the 4-4-2. If they continue to play the 4-2-3-1, I could see Maurer subbing Lauth straight out for Wood late in the game...or earlier if Benny is not scoring.

I think we both did. I was pissed that Lauth was being given a pass while Cooper and others (Ludwig at the time) were being pissed on by Lienen.

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We just won't agree when it comes to that guy, that's all.

If he proves me wrong one day, I'll be happy about it.

Especially if he does it for the blue team in Munich.

However, I know what I'm seeing at the moment........

Nor do they seem to give many of these guys the chance to become "club players."

I think they left a lot of potential marketing money on the table with their treatment of Cooper.

When you say "the future" do you mean just next season or after that?

I ask because Volland won't be around after next season.

This is where Schaeffler may still play a role........

If they keep Lauth.......

True. My mistake man.

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How was the attendance for the Duisburg game?

What's it like this season?

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just answered my own question, under 19,000 per game and last game was 15,000. ugh.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Without that Hertha match, when many Hertha fans traveled for the matchup, the average would be a lot worse.......

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Big time. They missed the chance to co-market 1860 gear to those MLS fans who follow Cooper, as well as those who would have bought the kit for the "coolness" factor. I mean, how much would it cost to ship five boxes of kits to an MLS gear fulfillment warehouse to see what demand would be like? Teapots screwed the pooch on that. They could have marketed loewenTV using a simple graphic on a few well placed web sites. It's not like you would have been cannibalizing your fan base to allow that. Really foked up...hope they change their ways if Wood sticks around. Oddly enough Stevic is repeating the same mistake he did with Volland and Leitner not signing Wood to a pro contract BEFORE letting him play first team football.

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yeah a bit depressing. Not sure why they are staying away. It's not like the team is playin THAT bad. I suspect fans are tired of the politics.