Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe / TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2010/2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Floormaster Squeeze

Sep 27, 2007
    Some Hill, VT
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Botswana
    First off, I want to be clear I was also one who was not too impressed by Rakic last spring. I also stand by that. He had his moments but he was not that different and certainly not better than the other options.

I also was not that excited to get him back but mainly as the cost seemed too high. If they got him at a low price and paid a reasonable salary then this may work out well for 1860. If it makes you happy to remind me of every good thing Rakic does then do it; I only hope that Rakic scores 30 goals so anyone so inclined can tell me 30 times how wrong I was.

I am glad Rakic scored 2 nice goals (no, penalty kicks do not count but if he does that well over time I will give him credit for that too). Both were sort of classic striker goals (turning and firing and winning a header) and it is nice to have a solid finisher right now. I hope he continues.

Also, I did not subscribe to Loewen TV this year and will not see many of their games (if any; but I do want to). As I said before, I thought the service was OK but it could have been better (I just do not think it is that user friendly of an experience and for the money I want to see more reliable servers even shortly after a game). I will be watching highlights but I will not be posting much because I will not have anything to add! I may subscribe for the second half but right now I will catch the 1.BL games I can.

1 person likes this.
  2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Agreed. His goal last week I think I said exactly that: It was a classic striker's goal...a la Horst Hruebesch.

I put up Windows Media Server and the streamed the stuff on to my HD TV. Very nice. The reliability has been great on FiOS. It was spotty on TWC but was still 90% and beats not having it at all. For the money I have no issues paying it. I have thrown more $$ away on tennis shoes for my kids during the year which they wear out like they were on the Bataan Death March.

If you can get FiOS....makes all the difference in the World.

3. Floormaster Squeeze

Sep 27, 2007
    Some Hill, VT
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Botswana
    I have a good broadband connection that was not the issue (the problems were slow/choppy service on game day which is likely server capacity issues on 1860's side). I also watched the games in my living room and splitting up the game into 15 minute increments is not couch friendly.

I had MLB.tv this year and while my team sucked the service was very good. I admit after getting this service (ALL teams, ALL games, LIVE or later, good HD quality with very few hiccups) I had to think there was a better way for 1860. Again, I like watching 1860 and want to remain loyal, it's just I want a better service right now (and I reserve the right to change my mind and jump on the band wagon after Rakic gets his 30 goals).

Also, I am moving soon so after all the dust settles in a month I'll see.

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I agree on the 15 min thingy, but I take that as part of the service I am willing to put up with. :D

As for choppiness, I saw that at first but if you waited 1 hour after the match it went away. Also, tuning my own PC helped a ton so that my buffer was not full of crap and I was able to watch in pristine viewing. Clearing your own buffer was a huge change for me.

As for bandwagons, I don't usually jump on them. I rode Berhalter hard his first year at 1860...and rightfully so, he was aweful. But the next year I was one of his staunchest supporters. Why? He showed more heart than any of the other players. The Rakic that has played the last two games is not the same lazy, selfish, overly eager to please guy that was in town last spring....at least, that is the way it appears now. I will lay off of him and give him credit where due...as we all have. But if that same player from the spring comes back I will be sure to chime in.;)

5. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, I saw him talking about it on Sky. He was still talking with Stuttgart as of the date of the Bochum match.

He said ALL THE RIGHT THINGS, but you could tell as he chose his words in the Sky interview that he wanted to leave.

And at this point in time, he would actually play for Stuttgart.

The word I got is 1860 wanted 2.5M and 1.7M is the most Stuttgart offered.

Believe it or not, I agree with Stevic here.

For 1.7M, I'd just keep a player like Aigner too.

When he gets over the initial disappointment (some of which I think you saw on Sunday), he'll be more valuable to 1860 and can possibly fetch that extra money in January or at the end of the season.

Agree with you except on one point. I think Leitner has shown enough potential in these matches to get someone else to take a chance on him even if his form eventually suffers.

Someone will.

Why do you think a little prick like Savio keeps getting chances???

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Karsten Baumann was never grounded in reality even as a player.......

Baumann has to point fingers to help keep his job. VfL Osnabrück expects to stay in the league this season.

That and he could be getting pressure from Stevic.

Not a shock. It is nearly depressing to go to a match at the AA these days. You can hear the echo of conversation at times.

No comments on either one.

That's good, but I don't think it is hard to look good in comparison to Mate G.

He's done it before. He will just have to get used to it again.

He's an offensive player who needs to get used to playing back there. You'll have these things.

As I told you, in the Lovin situation, I believe something stinks in suburbia......

It's the coach's job to keep young players playing as if the score is 0-0 even if they're up 3-0, 3-1, etc.

But in Maurer's defense, Jürgen Klopp failed to do the same thing on Sunday in Stuttgart.

That's not like Aigner. Hopefully, he'll see the way to keep the big clubs interested in him is to play well for Sechzig.

As I said in another message, once the initial disappointment of not moving to Stuttgart wears off, you'll see the old "110% Aigner" again.

Everyone does it...

Well-covered.

Not a surprise.

Dude, he's not very tactially smart either........

He could a be a huge key to this team's success, but he seems to sulk if he isn't in the starting 11.

Not good........

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    But HERE is the real issue: This deal was DONE. 1860 HAD agreed to a number with VfB and they were drawing up papers. It was during this process that Stevic started playing this "we will fight him leaving" stance all the while being involved in talks with Bobic and Niemann and VfB. From what I am hearing Bobic was pissed off that Stevic was making VfB the "bad guy" and they dropped their offer by 500k. It was then that Stevic baulked. I hear an ultimatum was given by VfB before the Bochum game weekend which would have allowed Aigner to play but then leave 1860. That offer was allowed to elapse and then Bobic withdrew.

I say all of this because I think this shows Stevic's negotiation style. He likes to be Mr. Popular while allowing others to take the heat for his decisions, or decisions that he has a part in. This became obvious to VfB and they backed out. What is ironic is that this very action, rather than SAVING 1860, he may summarily have condemned 1860 to financial relegation.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Garry, you've posted that before, but a couple of the guys I get the inside scoop from have serious doubts about that scenario.

I'm not going to say that isn't so because I don't know.

I will say that if he was going to get the player he wanted, I don't think Fredi Bobic would give a rat's ass about looking like a "bad guy" to the 1860 fan base.

Also, Bobic and Stevic were tight as teammates in Dortmund. If Bobic had a problem with Stevic, I don't see Bobic "lowering the offer" because of it. I would see Bobic telling Stevic to shut the f#ck up.

I could see something like that killing this deal, but not Bobic "lowering the price" because he didn't like what Stevic was saying in the press.

Frankly, it just doesn't make much sense.

But again, I wasn't there. I don't know what exactly happened.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    A few reasons this makes perfect sense.

First, while Bobic was interested I Aigner, you were right he was not 100% in love with him...he had other options in mind. Second, and perhaps as important, Bobic go pissed off with the persistent increases in money demands and then the blamestorming by 1860.

When you look at all of that I can totally see Bobic getting pissed and walking away.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Garry, the "blamestorming" is the part that makes no sense.

Bobic "lowering the price" because of it makes no sense.

I explained that clearly.

Then you come with this other stuff.

I know what I said previously and from where I sit, it makes everything else make even LESS SENSE.

But I'll chalk it up to two people seeing the same thing completely differently.

It happens a lot with us, doesn't it? :) :D

11. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, since I am removed from the daily goings on I am just piping in to say that this was a good game for Sechzig and a nice way to warm 20k plus fans hearts. Given, it was against VfL Osnabrück which will likely be battling the drop all season.

I honestly don't think they played badly in the first game against Bochum until I realized that Funkel's charges weren't all that good due to thier loss to Aue this past weekend. From what little I am able to gleen, the problems lie in lax midfield defensive play.

As a point of information; how is Cooper's recovery coming along? Is Reiner Maurer going to bring him into the line-up upon recovery and fitness or will we be looking at him returning to MLS during the Winter window?

Thanks for all of your insightfull updates!

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    It does when given context I cannot discuss here. Suffice to say loud phone conversations, open office doors, people in nearby offices. ;)

This piece I too am not sure about. This was "overheard".

If I was dealing with someone over the phone to close a contract on a player that person WANTS to sell and then read in the press later that day that this same person is "against" the sale and will do everything to prevent it, THAT would piss me off too. I don't see how that does not make sense. Granted, Bobic is a professional and if he wants/needs a player he will put up with some shiite. BUT, if he is not totally enamored with the player in question then why put up with this shiite?

I think it has more to do with two different sources with two different approaches.

"Ebony....Ivory....livin' in perfect harmony...."

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    If this game was later in the season and not the home opener I would suspect it does not draw 15k.

No, in Bochum the loss was central defense, or should I say more specifically Ghvinianidze and Buelow. Bell and Buck are FAR superior in that role.

Don't know. Not much out of 1860 or Cooper's camp. He is slated to be back in training in October according to reports this summer. Realistically I cannot see him cracking the first team until late in the season if at all.

Back to MLS? Only if someone is willing to pay a decent transfer. BUT it depends on desperate 1860 are to get rid of him and if any offers come across. Remember, they need to make their license in March and need to balance the books before then.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one surprised that there is ZERO transfer news coming from either Grünwalderstr. or Säbener Str.???

15. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    the latter im completely surprised about :confused: .. but all those transfer rumour threads @ the bayern section and the effort some fans put into them they must be stumped :D all the scenarios of possible ins and outs they all came up with days hrs and months of speculation.... and ....NOTHING )))

16. Floormaster Squeeze

Sep 27, 2007
    Some Hill, VT
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Botswana
    Looks like Ingolstadt (Matip) made the area's big transfer news!:)

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I heard Gomez was so pissed off at Bayern right now he was coming to 1860 and paying US 14m to play.:rolleyes::cool:

18. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, I am a good bit surprised as well.

19. Floormaster Squeeze

Sep 27, 2007
    Some Hill, VT
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Botswana
  20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Late night transfer news from Grünwalderstrasse:

From Bild:

German Second Bundesliga club 1860 München has signed Peruvian defender Juan Barros. The 21-year old defender also has a Colombian passport and joins 1860 on a loan deal valid through December 31, 2010. Barros is moving to Munich from Club Coronel Bolognesi.

[​IMG]

Barros can play left back or on the left side of midfield.

Barros was in Werder Bremen's training camp this summer, but the Bundesliga club decided against acquiring the player.

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yeah, I posted in the YA thread on that article. My pet peeve is when guys who write (I hate calling them journalists because that is too much a compliment) fail to check out basic facts. I outlined my peeve in the posting.

That is one weird loan timeframe. That must mean they are going to get him acclimated to the team and then toss him in the deep end to see what he can do. Given it is a 4 month loan that speaks VOLUMES to our financial health right now. Not good.

Also in a similar article it said no one is leaving 1860 as of now...and the window is closed. Prepare for the bad press, my friends. We owe a TON of cash and unless Niemann has a magic wand, he will need to work hard to get our debt restructured (aka, get the creditors to agree to payments over time rather than forcing our hand to pay now when we can't).

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only thing I want to say since this transfer period is over:

No doubt. There is but one God: Micky Stevic :D

------------------------------------------------

PS: Is there an expression in English of "Fussballgott" better than "God of Football" ???

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes. "F#cking Shithead."

Describes your "God" perfectly.

I really hope you're kidding above.

If not, we have a perfect description for you too.

"S#!t For Brains".........:cool:

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    ROFLMMFAO...Well I really needed a good laugh today and this certainly provided that. Let's look at a few things, shall we?

Results:
    Last season we were 1-1-0 after our first two games, we lost a close game to a recently relegated BL team, beat by two goals a weaker 2.BL team in our home opener, won our cup match and our "hopeful" striker had scored two goals.

THIS season we were 1-1-0 after our first two games, we lost a close game to a recently relegated BL team, beat by two goals a weaker 2.BL team in our home opener, won our cup match and our "hopeful" striker had scored two goals.

Why should we have ANY more optimisim RIGHT NOW in Herr Stevic's abilities in obtaining players than we had last season? Do we normally go to the movies and leave 5 minutes in claiming we know how the movie is going to end?? Please.

Finances:
    I am glad to see that people are happy about our players, but let's not forget: WE ARE MORE THAN TWO MILLION EUROS IN DEBT AND HAVE NO MONEY TO PAY OUR CREDITORS!!!!!! Did you read this AND understand it? If not, let me say it again:
    • We have no money
    • We did not sell any players to get us any money
    • We cannot pay our creditors
    • No one will loan us money
    • We need to sell SOMETHING in order to pay our bills.
    Now, if you lost your job, had not cash in the bank and had nothing of value that anyone would buy, how would you pay your bills??

I hope you are this happy with Herr Stevic when the DFL does not grant us a license next season. What are you going to do? Blame Bayern or Reuter for that too?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We have a phrase in English, "Give me a focking break."

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The DFL released the set schedule for match days 4-11.

Here are the 1860 Matchups:

Home teams listed first/All times CET

Matchday 4: Fortuna Düsseldorf v 1860, Sun, 19 Sep 10, 1:30 PM

Matchday 5: 1860 v Erzgebirge Aue, Wed, 22 Sep 10, 5:30 PM
    (Oktoberfest match)

Matchday 6: FC Augsburg v 1860, Sun, 26 Sep 10, 3:30 PM

Matchday 7: 1860 v 1. FC Union Berlin, Sun, 3 Oct 10, 1:30 PM
    (Oktoberfest match)

Matchday 8: Rot-Weiss Oberhausen v 1860, Sun, 17 Oct 10, 1:30 PM

Matchday 9: 1860 v Arminia Bielefeld, Sat, 23 Oct 10, 1:00 PM

Matchday 10: KSC v 1860, Sat, 30 Oct 10, 1:00 PM

Matchday 11: 1860 v Alemannia Aachen, Sun, 7 Nov 10, 1:30 PM

+++++++++++++++++

I think I'm going to try to take my group of Americans to that Union Berlin match. :D