Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe / TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2010/2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Video of Bell's first training session. I hope this kid take Ghvinianidze's place so he can sit the bench and see what he COULD have been had he not given up on himself. Bell is where Mate WAS 4 years ago but never, ever developed past what he was then. In fact, as Footy has pointed out, he has gotten worse. I KNOW players can change. I remember when 1860 was playing in the 1.BL and Torben Hoffmann was the Patzerkoenig. But when he came back to 1860 in the 2.BL he was a stallworth of our defense. Yes he still made a few mistakes but he was not the mistake-prone defender that once cause *facepalms* nearly every match. So I *DO* think Ghvinianidze can change but it would take a lot of work and a coach that can fix the problem....neither which exist at 1860 right now. Perhaps some young competition is what Mate needs to put a foot up his arse and work hard.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, maybe he made those comments thinking there would be no chance to sell Tschauner.

You can't hold someone to something they said if the circumstances change.

Then again, I guess you can. It's unfair, but I guess you can.

This is true.

However, given the club's limited resources and the aversion good players have to jumping on a sinking ship, I think Stevic did better than OK in getting the people he did get.

It isn't like he had great choice.

I followed as well as I could.

In my opinion, 1860 wasn't going to do much better than Stevic did.

Garry, sometimes you write as if 1860 is still an address good players would beat each other up to get to.

It isn't.

Sometimes you write as if it is painful to give Stevic some credit.

Believe me, I still think he is HORRIBLE for this club, but the guy did just about as well as he could do given the situation.

Again, I don't know of many good players who want to play for far less than their worth while trying to keep a sinking ship afloat.

If you know them, please tell us who they are.

And you also don't know how many don't give a rat's ass about his rep.

He isn't. But that doesn't stop PROFESSIONALS from doing business with one another.

If it did, Hannover would have been back in the Regionalliga long ago.

Good. Maybe I'm taking what you're writing the wrong way.

Because you sure seem to go out of your way to make it seem you believe 1860 could be better just if he weren't there.

I think 1860 would have been better off had Stevic never come on the scene myself.

But he's there and I believe he should be judged fully on his merits, not because we don't like him or what we think of his ways.

I admit it. I hate the backstabbing MF.

But that isn't going to fully shape my opinion of the professional job he's done just as it won't yours.

3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    You totally missed my points:
    • We have no way of knowing what Stevic COULD HAVE HAD since we do not get paid to follow the transfer market.
    • When someone says something I take them at their word. Does that mean things cannot change when circumstances change? No, of course they can.
    • I said I will no throw him under the bus, which means I am not judging good OR bad about his acquisitions until I see how they play. That INCLUDES his choice of trainer because you can get good players and have a bad trainer and still not perform.
    • I am judging him on his merits, both good and bad.
      • Good: He brought in a few decent players (Ruka, Kiraly, Cooper, Ludwig) that can help the club. He did not over spend but I think that is more a function that he could not get credit lines to do so.
      • Bad: He joined Stoffers in this antagonistic approach to Bayern, he has not been open with the fans about our finances, etc.
      • Fact is, 1860 is lucky that other teams sucked SOOO bad last season that we were not in a relegation battle.
    Those are the "merits" of Stevic. I think we both have given him credit when it is due. Problem is there is very little credit to go around. Much that has gone well under his rule has been coincidence and luck as opposed to his success. Outside of acquiring a few players I am hard pressed to think of anything he has actually "done" that is successful. Can you?

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does getting paid to do this have to do with anything?

And even so, I am still in good contact with quite a few people who do get paid to follow the transfer market.

OK. The way you wrote the Tschauner response made it seem as if you would think Stevic was going back on his word if they sell Tschauner and have to bring in a new keeper.

OK. And I was giving an opinion based on what was out there and what he could REALISTICALLY get.

I think we both know the ultimate judgement will be made at the end of the season.

From where I sit, even that is a back-handed compliment. How do you know he wouldn't have done a lot better had he got the credit??

That being said, I'm glad they didn't.

And yes, I remember that all this started with his lies about a huge investor.

Totally agreed.

I think Lienen deserved more credit for that than anyone seems to be willing to give him.

Even the players bitched about his methods, but in the end, they did what they had to do.

No. But that goes back to what Ziffzer was saying. The stench at 1860 comes from the head.

You know there is no way in hell I'm saying Stevic is some kind of great manager.

But knowing what I do know about the market, what was out there and what he could actually do given the club's situation, I think he did rather well to get some of the players he did.

And that's not even giving him credit for Savio. Savio simply had nowhere else to go.

IMO, this is a "marriage of convenience" if you will..........

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Meaning, that if I had the time to look at ALL the options Stevic MIGHT have had, then would be the only time I could accurately say "he did well". And the only way I could have the time to do that would be to be involved in the fuootball industry OR get paid to do what Stevic does. Armchair guys like us cannot possibly know what he gave up or simply did not see. Only guys in the industry would know that.

And even so, I am still in good contact with quite a few people who do get paid to follow the transfer market.

My bad. But...Stevic did say their "hunt" was over. I assume that took into account Tschauner's possible transfer. But I can see how "transfer poker" would make him say that but then change his position if they sell Tschauner and need another keeper. That is a suppostion that is AWLAYS a caveat to what managers say. :D

Back-handed or not, it is the truth. Say your kid who normally gets 75% on their tests suddently gets an 85%? You praise and praise the kid for having pulled up their grade so dramatically. THEN you find out it was an open book test AND they had two weeks to study for it. Now, does the 85% look all that good? Especially when all the other kids who normally got 75% all got 95% or 100%??

We can only judge on what we know. Based on that, yeah, SEEMS he did okay. But we have no way of knowing how many players he COULD HAVE gotten but didn't because of his lack of connections, personality, capabilities, etc. Again, I will wait to see how good/bad they are before I make a decision on their success. That goes for the coach too.

For avoiding relegation?

Again, what WE see versus what EXPERTS would see/do can be miles apart. I suspect you are correct but we really don't know. Only folks in the industry would know. And as we both know, sometimes the folks in the industry "write off" perfectly good players who unexpectedly rise above and perform once in the 2.BL.

I actually give him credit on that one. I think someone would have taken him if we did not. Good catch. Now let's see what 200k got us. :D

I think you are right. An ARRANGED marriage of convenience.;)

6. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Ochs on his way back to 1860?
    keeper cover if the man above leaves

from fussballtransfers.. its only in german though

"Hertha-Pechvogel will als Löwe brüllen

> 17.08.2010 - 16:19 - David Hilzendegen

Timo Ochs ist Anwärter auf den Platz des Ersatztorhüters bei 1860 München. Im Zusammenhang mit dem Transfer des bisherigen zweiten Keepers Philipp Tschauner, bestätigt Löwen-Trainer Reiner Maurer der ‚tz‘: „Wir hätten schon eine andere Lösung in petto.“ Demnach suchen die Sechziger nach einem Torhüter unter 30, um Gabor Kiraly mittelfristig abzulösen. Ochs war bereits vor wenigen Wochen Thema an der Grünwalder Straße. Tschauner verhandelt derzeit mit Coventry City.

Ochs stand bereits von 2004 bis 2006 im Kasten der Löwen, bevor er nach Österreich zu Red Bull Salzburg wechselte. Dort ausgemustert, heuerte er bei Hertha BSC Berlin an, wo er die Chance erhielt, für den verletzten Jaroslav Drobný einzuspringen. Ochs zog sich in seinem zweiten Spiel für die Hertha jedoch selbst einen Muskelfaserriss zu und setzte sich gegen den Tschechen nicht wieder durch. Sein Ein-Jahres-Vertrag wurde nicht verlängert, die Sechziger können ihn ablösefrei verpflichten. "

1 person likes this.
  7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Good catch. We had discussed a few pages back several of the former 1860 players that were out-of-favor and potential targets to come back. Ochs makes perfect sense.

Quick translation for the non German speakers:

"Timo Ochs is a candidate for the postion of back up goal keeper for 1860. In connections with the potential transfer of Tschauner, Rainer Maurer confirmed for TZ "We have another solution up our sleeve." 1860 is looking for a keeper under 30 who can understudy Kiraly. Ochs was previously a few weeks ago at the 1860 training grounds. Tschauner is a potential candidate for Coventry City.

Ochs was from 2004-2006 the 1860 goal keeper before he transferrred to RB Salzburg. Pushed out of RB last season he went to Hertha Berlin with the chance of getting s starting role for the injured Jaroslav Drobny. Ochs was injured (hamstring) in the second game and never regained his chance to start. His one year contract was not extended and the Lions can secure him on a free transfer."

8. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Ochs on transfermarkt.de, but given the low percentage next to his name (18%) I figured it wasn't imminent. Although I have never quite figured out what exactly those percentages represent.

Another name that caught my attention while I was on there was Stefan Babovic. His value is listed at 1.75m euros, which is surely inflated, but even then probably way more than 1860 can afford. He is a Serb though. We all know how much weight that carries with Stevic. Rakic, part II possibly?

I don't seriously think 1860 will sign him, but it made me laugh.

1 person likes this.
  9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I doubt it. Kicker was already noting that 1860 had TONS of midfielders and not enough strikers and CDs.

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I woudln´t see Ochs as a good replacement, just as I dont regard any external solution as quite likely.

- Ochs left 1860 in 2006 caused by shady financial incentives to "new-rich Salzburg" (nonexcusable !)

- Ochs´ salary would top Tschauners by far(spending any budget for an 2nd goalie is good money thrown after bad)

- Bussmann, Germany U19 goalkeeper has got surely more talent already now than Ochs ever will have(Bussmann is a cheaper-and-better solution)

- there will be no new recruitments in this window(but a few could leave the club)

But firstly we´ll have to see if Tschauner really leaves.....

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If that is the case and Tschauner is sold, as LB said, if Kiraly gets hurt, 1860 is "focked....."

Get over it.

And just how do you know this? Are you Ochs' agent?

Something tells me players who don't have jobs and whose phone isn't ringing with offers are prime candidates to take pay cuts.

That "something" is just this little thing called COMMON SENSE.

Apparently, you don't have any...... :rolleyes:

Now this makes perfect sense!!!

Why didn't you just type this and leave out the silly comments about how Ochs left before and salary above this one???

We know what Stevic said before. But situations can dictate change. Suppose Kiraly and Bussmann get injured before the transfer window closes.

You still think they wouldn't sign a new keeper???

Exactly......

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Transfer Rumors...

• Tschauner: I would have to agree with Footy, Ochs is in no position to demand a high salary. I imagine 1860 would offer him a standard 2.BL TW contract with incentives should he get a certain number of games, etc. Plus, having a good experienced keeper behind Gabor will keep him at the top of his game.
    • Aigner: I cannot believe this would happen, but Stevic is confirming interest from VfB in him. If 1860 let him go I personally think our season gets MUCH worse before it starts. He is the only player in good form right now AND our high scorer. We have him under contract until 2012 so we could still sell him in the summer. If anyone is still in doubt as to how badly this club needs money, the fact Stevic is even talking about this possibility should erase all doubts about how much debt we really have.
    • Ruka: The rumors about his departure are less and less now. I truly don't think anyone is lining up for him...and his play of late has done little to help him. I bet Stevic was hoping for someone to offer up some $$ for him but I suspect that just has not happened. Or, at least not as much as he was hoping to get.
    • Other Options: I simply don't see any. No one appears to be offering up any big money (except possibly for Aigner) for any of our other players. We need to pay some big bills this year and only took in 2,2m Euros. We spent 200k on Savio so the net was 2m flat. That is FAR below what we owe. We desperately need to sell another player and cash in on AT LEAST 500k just to pay our PAST bills. That does not account for the money we will owe this year. Given we have many players with expiring 2011 contracts, that only leaves the potential to sell of the players with 2012 contracts...and that is ASSUMING they get playing time to show what they can do. Such players would include: Rukavina, Buck, Buelow, Hofstetter, Aigner, Stahl, Camdal, Kaiser, Uzoma, Lovin, Biancucchi, Halfar, Lushtaku, Rakic, Ziereis, Volland and Cooper. I put in bold the ones I expect to see serious playing time, italics those who may get some decent playing time and the others I expect to see spotty time.

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Aigner, Ignjovski and Rukavina...

The rumors are getting hotter and the press is not picking them up. That tells me something is happening. :D

Aigner is rumored to be sought for around 1,2m Euros. That is the offer I hear which is on the table. My bet is IF true 1860 will try for more be get around that. I think he is worth WAY more to the club than that but, alas, what the market dictates is another story altogether.

Ignjovski is still linked with Hoffenheim but those rumors are dying too, just as are the ones linking Rukavina with a move. This is troubling as both were seen as essentially gone not three weeks ago. Something has happened behind the scenes to cause clubs to lose interest. What did it? I don't know. My only speculation is that 1860 was greedy and asking too much. When everyone knows you are in financial trouble and you are asking too much you really are in a poor bargaining position. I think the worst has come true: 1860 played transfer poker and lost. Now we are stuck with players we NEED to get rid of and cannot...at least not for the price we want.

And then there is this from Stevic:
    "There are players that one wants to give up. And then there are players that one has to give up. One does not do this out of boredom or because it is fashionable, rather out of necessity which is something even the most naiive fan must clearly understand. We find ourselves again in the situation where we must sell players for the club simply to exist."
    While I am glad he FINALLY has come out and admitted how bad the financial situation is at 1860, HE is the one (along with Stoffers) that continued to delude fans and hide the fact that the club was in financial dire straits. The loss of the law suit did NOT change any of this. We were ALWAYS in financial trouble and he is to blame for how the fans reacted and continue to react. Had he been open with the fans, such surprises like needing to sell Aigner would not have come as such a shock.

As one fan noted, "If they sell Stefan I will give up my season tickets. If they don't take them back, I will burn them." If 1860 sells Aigner -- whether out of necessity or want -- the fans who think like this...a mindset Stevic helped create and fuel...will stay away in droves and FURTHER hurt the club by not attending matches. Well done, Herr Stevic, well done.:rolleyes:

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow man. Wow.

I'll try to respond to most of that later.

I'm pretty busy for a change!

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    This is picking up steam and the press is beginning to get a handle on it. They mention 1,5m but my sources says 1,2m...but that was early yesterday German time. If 1,5m is on the table I think 1860 will try to get a bit higher and then sit down with Stefan and tell him he needs to go despite perhaps wanting to stay at 1860. He is a Loewen through and through and if he knows his leaving will help the club financially, his leaving on THAT note will make him a fan-darling for life.

HOWEVER, even the die-hard Stevic supporters are starting to call for him to go. Ironically, I find myself in the position of having to support Stevic on this as we NEED the money. Too bad he could not get Hoffenheim to bite on Ignjovski. Rumor I am hearing now there is we simply asked too much and Hoffenheim told us to go pound sand.

16. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Am hearing the Aigner deal is done. No confirmation, just someone who claims to know. The offer was for 1,4m as I hear it. He should be in Stuttgart this weekend for the physical and to watch the game and then to training for them next week.

If this turns out to be true we should know within the next 24-48 hours.

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Aigner...

Well, the news outlets are starting to confirm what my sources are telling me: Aigner is as good as gone. He had a meeting with Stevic and Niemann after training and then came out and said:
    I have a contract through 2012 with the Lions and I want to fulfill it. Had a contract through 2015 I would want to fulfill that. Actually I would like to stay here and want to concentrate on the game Monday against Bochum.
    A fan reacted this way:
    Unbelieveably sad, if Stefan must be sold. But he [Stevic] must pay for the mistakes of the past. One should not be forced to sell Stefan.
    OMFG!!!! If I hear another fan let Stevic off the hook for this situation I am going to focking freak. No one gave Reuter the same "you did not build the AA and sell our future to the Devil so we forgive you" support that they are giving Stevic!!!:eek::mad:

The really intereting part of the articles coming out now is that the money owed by 1860 might actually EXCEED what I thought they owed!!!!:(

I am still hearing that Stefan will be at the VfB game this weekend and out of Muenchen by Sunday. The fact that his locker is absent personal belongings is a HUGE indicator he is leaving. BTW, Tschauner is gone too...cleaned out his locker already.

Video below.
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid35377089001?bctid=589953612001

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mlapa started for Hoffenheim today and scored in the 36th minute!!

19. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Saw that. When you have a good team behind you it makes you look even better.

On another note, Stevic's lack of a backbone is starting to show. He is quoted in the TZ today saying that the sale of Aigner is not his idea and that the board and Niemann are the ones telling him to find money through selling players. What a focking spineless douchebag!!!! He knows exactly how to play to the fans and deflect criticism of his actions and responsibilities on to others. At least Niemann is taking it like a man. If I were Niemann I would tell Stevic that if he finds taking accountability for the sale of players and condition of the club a tough thing to do that he can be replaces no problem.

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The next round of DFB-Pokal had been drawn yesterday: 1860 will face Bundesliga side Cologne away. The game will take place weather on 26th or on 27th October. Seems like our chances of finding money are declining this way....

http://www.tsv1860.de/de/aktuell/news/2010/news_2010-08-21_pokal_auslosung_2-runde.php

Here is the prematch report of the Bochum game tomorrow night:

http://www.tsv1860.de/de/saison/profis/bundesliga/vorberichte/2010/1.php

[​IMG]

1860s line-up is an absolute scream !!! :mad: I don´t think RM will let them play like that. Where´s creativity ? Where´s the fast Bell against someone like Saglik ?

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Maurer is too much like Lienen: Too conservative. The 4-2-3-1 would allows us both a good defense AND attack. But he won't use it. I wonder how much of this is Maurer doing what he wants or him getting pressure to use certain players.

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing you didn't see Koln at home against Kaiserslautern?

Koln was CRAP!!

You think Bell is "fast?" LOL!!

He isn't "slow", but his speed isn't anything to write home about! LOL!!

And it is Federico you'd better worry about stopping......

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anything but crap. Köln was outumbered for 88 minutes. They lost their skipper and still they led over 60 minutes. Did you see the game at all ?

One could call him "fast" in comparison to "walking aid" Ghvinianidze and "left foot, right foot, left foot....." Bülow. That´s the sad truth !!!

Federico is overrated and his best years are gone. Not as dangerous as Saglik, who scored two goals last year against us.

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, I saw the entire match. Having Sky Sports Bundesliga and a DVR is f#cking AWESOME! :D

LB and I are friends with a group of Kaiserslautern fans, so I check out their matches too.

Being down a man doesn't give a team the excuse to fall apart the way Koln did in that match.

BTW, did you notice that Novakovic's goal should have been disallowed for offside?

They were shit and Bremen is going to wipe the field with them on Saturday too.

I cannot argue with that.

However, you didn't compare him to those two originally, you just called him "fast."

Talk all the shit you want, but Federico had 12 goals and 12 assists for a SHITTY Bielefeld team last season.

His best years are gone?? Dude, I think not.

Unless you're doing to tell me LAST SEASON is "ancient history?" :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'll be hoping Federico does nothing tonight.

I'll be rooting hard for Sechzig to win!

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    He gets a bad reputation sicne he does so well in the 2.BL and does not outside the 2.BL. He is one of those guys who will always be dangerous. Will he ever be a good 1.BL striker? Nope. But on a decent team he would be good for 5-10 goals a season. On a shiite team he is always a threat.

As you said, not only did he have 12 goals on a shiite Bielefeld team last season, he ALSO had 12 assists. That's pretty damn good for a guy who has is best days behind him.

What is really interesting in his stats last year is that he scored MORE on away games and had more assists at the home games. Go figure.