EIBAR vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Jornada 13 | 09.11.2019 | 18:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Real Madrid were never interested to sign Falcao or Lewandowski (as a bosman).

Especially since Benzema was an exceptional foil to Cristiano & Bale at the time.

Real Madrid just won La Decima + Copa Del Rey with that successful trio.

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Meh. People are hoping that Jovic gets a game here and there. Hardly a crime

Most of the forum has been showing Benzy a lot of deserved love

yoanaidarov and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I read Benz has 125+ assists as well at RM.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is a legend

Deep Pal and SayWhatIWant repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lewandowski himself said Florentino asked him to join Madrid back when he was at Dortmund. Lewandowski's agent was basically sitting next to Florentino for weeks at the Bernabeu.

Cerezo threatened Florentino over Falcao back then, and with half our team being Mendes clients there was definitely a lot of smoke.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The defense has been phenomenal. Mendy helps tremendously, but confidence in the keeper is the main reason here. Courtois is controlling the box with far more authority. The defense is making less and less stupid mistakes because they feel they need to over compensate.

Digital, yoanaidarov, Eddie and 6 others repped this.
  7. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Asking for Jovic as a sub or to rest Benz is something else than Jovic replacing Benz. Benzema is one of the best attackers at the moment and one of our best players, ofcourse he needs to start above Jovic, but Jovic deserves more chances.

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One of these days Benzema won't be available and Jovic won't be ready, that's a problem because we dont when that day might come and you mitigate those circumstances with regular/purposeful rotation.

Unfortunately Zidane would rather destroy the career of a 60ME 21 y/o to protect Benzema. The dude really messed up by scoring a goal, that's like a direct threat to Benz and there's no way Zidane will tolerate it.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  9. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    You're talking a load of nonsense
    Zidane is not that type of dude. Zidane is the Mourinho breed with a less controversial mouthpiece - everybody is expendable for the win. At the end of the day, he's a serial winner.

petros93 and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll quietly wait for you to explain the James/Bale/Ceballos vs. Isco/LV/Hazard situations since Zidane is such a fair and impartial manager incapable of player preferences and grudges.

Nathanial Essex and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Protect Benzema from what? You understand Karim is playing at a world class level right?

more nonsense again. What coach does not have player preferences?

ahnaf, Deep Pal and SayWhatIWant repped this.
  12. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    He actually sees, speaks to them and actually know whats going on. We on the other hand only speculate.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    He is human, he can have his preferences, favorites, etc. Im glad he does, it shows he gives a shit. So glad he doesnt have you as his advisor.

14. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Just watched the game. Great win.

Loved the defensive effort all over the pitch.

Hazard is waking up ...so excited about his potential.

Valverde is special. Not only an all action destroyer, but also a good technician and a very intelligent player.

I’d still sign a DM if possible. Seeing Casemiro down scares the hell out of me.

Modric remains the best midfielder. If we can keep him fresh, we’ll get great performances out of him.

Hala Madrid

Anon., lukita, Drouchk and 5 others repped this.
  15. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Ceballos - not RM quality, and had a selfish streak. Came out with comments against the manager when he wasn't playing instead of keeping his head down and proving himself
    James - Zidane doesn't hate the guy. He gave him ample opportunities, especially at the beginning of the season. I just don't understand the James obsession
    Bale - this guy doesn't even want to be here, and he still got played

petros93 repped this.
  16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ceballo's statements came out the following season and they were as more praise for JL than criticism of Zidane; and last season he was outplaying the veterans but as soon as Zidane returned it was game over for him and the veterans were instantly restored to untouchable status.

James hasn't put a foot wrong since he returned in the summer but apparently perfection isnt good enough for some players. Maybe he should have come back 40 pounds overweight and blamed it on a pregnancy.

Bale's never actually publicly stated he wants to leave, in fact it's the opposite - he's happy in Madrid and wants to stay. And he's put in some very good early performances, another player who was out performing Hazard and leaves Zidane no choice but to sabotage the player to save "his" guy.

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

James played early and did well. There really isn't any way u can spin it that James deserves this while the likes of Isco, vazquezz and Hazard get unlimited leashes.

Anyways. James needs to go but to pretend like there is not something more here is disingenuous

Doni, Digital and Zidane05 repped this.
  18. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Our worst games were when James started in midfield

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it's all James fault. Never mind Courtois was looking like swiss cheese and Hazard looked like he ate him.

Can't blame Hazard for the poor results tho, it wouldn'tbe fair. He was playing out of shape and James wasn't, must be James fault.

20. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Why are you so weird? Is that what I said?
    I think James has qualities but he is clearly a tactical liability.
    He's obviously behind case kroos modric valverde in the pecking order and deservedly so

petros93 and madridista_hr repped this.
  21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Why not spare words and simply respond "false equivalence".

--------------------------

As for the game. One of those days when you schedule 9/10PM "me time" in front of TV watching RM play, until you realize you missed it for about 3 hours. Eh.

Watched some highlights and we looked good. Minus Lucas of course. I bet Hazard every time he sees Lucas at Valdebebas pitches he is calling for security to remove that Valladolid player who smuggled himself to practice with Madrid squad.

22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Drouchk and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love your optimism. I am a bit more negative - I think I'd like to see after our delayed Clasico to see how it goes. Not taking anything away, but I just want to see if this is something we will sustain into 2020.

24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Nevermind that Jovic and Benz are compatible...

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I actually haven't been optimistic, and I still have major doubts over the consistency and sustainability of this team (especially if we continue our current rotation policy), but let's call a spade a spade here: There has been some drastic improvements in the performances of some key players, and it starts with the man in the back. You'll win tons of games in this league if you keep teams to 1 goal or less.

Chinky24, petros93, Digital and 4 others repped this.