News: EFL Cup - 3rd Round - Chelsea FC vs Grimsby Town FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Blueallthru, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Player ratings??? LOL

Great fun :)

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I really liked James' crosses with their touch and variety, and CHO's corners.

Knee-jerk reactions, is CHO is a good bit ahead of Pul for the LW spot, I really like Pul, and he showed some good stuff, but he needs to toughen up overall and on the ball when he can\t out quick a player right off and get used to this League as most new to the League players do but think he has a bright future here, will play a lot this year but not be the first team starter generally but but might be next year on the right.

As someone mentioned, right now he is a lot like the good interested Willian, he tracks back, good on the dribble, great effort, not always accomplishing the very last important bit, but I think that is coming. And when he gets to start with CHO, Tammy and Mount and the defenders they will attract, he will likely get a lot of one on one isolated opportunities wide to really shine and look better. But Willian or Pedro still gets the nod for me on the right against tougher competition..

Billy, Billy, Billy what a potential future. Hope to see him and Kante some in the 4-2-3-1

Guehi certainly looks the part of a menecing CB.

What a miserable lot to moan so much about a 7-1 romp

3. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I.e. what other people think and statistically how the match went. Sometimes you have to actually listen to so.eone you don't agree with to learn something.

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A bunch of knobheads with an axe to grind about certain players isn't 'statistics' you twit.

5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have checked out the player ratings??

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's not going to be the side we put out against yanited in the next round, is it?

I mean, yeah... I'm fully on board with playing da yoof but, y'know... :eek:

:giggle:

lobomojo repped this.
  9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2...m-chelsea-vs-grimsby--academy-graduates-shine

Didnt get to see the match (feckers at the bernabau instisted on showing the score and replays of the real - osasuna game for some mad reason despite my protests) but tough to complain about 7-1 where the average player was barely old enough to have used a CD player.

Seems like zouma saw a ton of the ball and billy had plenty as well (must have stepped it up from that poir sub appearance earlier on). Barkley precise with his passing according to the stats and goals for lots of players which is always a plus for confidence.

Too many banana skins in football not to appreciate this result but far tougher challenges to come.

COYB.

11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Overall it was extremely disappointing. I was hoping for nine and seven doesn’t cut it at all. . . .Some folks need a diaper change.

Pulisic was great and he will shine for us.

The rest is mostly self-explanatory to anyone with even a moderate knowledge of the game.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Giroud has been out with illness the last couple-three matches but on the mend it was disclosed

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    it must be a really good feeling for the likes of Giroud, Pedro and Wilian to be part of such a young squad. I think it must be super rewarding for them in training, etc. To share their experiences.

So many young talented players. They can't ALL go on to be amazingly successful can they? I mean probability says that some will disappear and not reach their full potential. But who will fail? At this stage they are all rising and taking their chances.

Boris10 and lobomojo repped this.
  14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was having a conversation with a friend who's a Chelsea supporter tonight and I made this point. Let's say just 2 make to end up being first team regulars, that's still an outstanding success. I just mean that from the 10 that part of the first team setup.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Looking through Billy Gilmour's Eyes. . . [to the tune of the Adverts 1977 song].

Really liking this Billy Gilmour. He is as scrappy as a Dennis Wise, but with the composure of a Jorghino - but with more forward passing.

lobomojo repped this.
  16. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is an utterly insane set of comps for young Billy and I'm 100% here for all of it

Blueallthru and lobomojo repped this.
  17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Did I mention Billy also has the water carrying ability of a Deschamps.

lobomojo and Rman3349 repped this.