Edwin Cardona news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    What a goal
    . Looked like he even had some speed there.... I hope he can go to Europe in the summer.. Even if he doesn't play at all. I hope the level of training and the onus of stay super fit that the players have in Europe rubs off on him if he goes there.. If anything if he goes to Europe he gets in better shape and extends his career 5 years cuz if he goes back to Mexico he's going to be like the guys that a lot was expected but nothing.. Like the Gio Hernández and Tressor Moreno and Juan Pablo Pino etc... If he was fit he still wouldn't have Orlando Berrío's speed but he would be a lot faster and would be able to run harder at the end of the Match essentially becoming much much faster ..

Or at least for my sake I would at the least like to see him go to MLS and play for my favorite team there.. The MLS has become a lot faster pace and more physical. It's not as physical or as athletic as the epl but similar attributes to a lesser intensity and maybe that would benefit his career in the long term and his talent with the ball and ability to score from his position would definitely be appreciated by a team like New York Red Bulls

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mls ??? That is horrible...

Mexico much better

sidspaceman repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe the MLS would teach him discipline?

But yea for 7 million only one buying him is Mexican, MLS or mid table euro team

I like Cardona still think he is better then Quintero. He just need to stop doing stupid shit

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #904 pepinointer, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Stoo that lie that cardona is 'lack of discpline". His scandal was in january....and the time have passed...

In mls no player learnt nothing just become worse than before arrive there.....that is a bolivian league , with the difference that you live there and is mediatic.

You just dont watch football and always repeat as parrot that cardona problems this year is discipline.

He have played bad since january to decemeber...with some exceptions in small matches.

To be better than quintero he just need to play better for that reason boca isnt buying him

For a reason he have been excluded in the 3 libertadores games

sidspaceman repped this.
  5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Please no birthday cake for this guy....or at least gluten-free; flourless; low calorie etc etc ;)

IMG_6771.jpg

sidspaceman repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a classic: furnaccio humiliating colombians players, but he was crying because crzd gave an opinion of carlos sanchez.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    To be fair it is a running joke that Furnaccio makes fun of Cardona and his empanadas.

Just like it is a running joke for people to talk about JuanFer and his singing career.

All in good fun.

sidspaceman and Furnaccio repped this.
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    =)

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sidspaceman repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sidspaceman and Doogs repped this.
  11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  12. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1080956969131954176 is not a valid tweet id

14. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

He's in really good form right now. No goals, but that's his 4th assist.

kromekote and HomietheClown repped this.
  15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can we play Cucho, Cardona, Quintero, James at the same time :)

Tho Cardona as a super sub has saved our asses in the past. Hope el Gordo finally gets his shit together.

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe...
    ... if it the Carlos Sanchez testimonial match friendly against the sub 23.

villus, pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.
  17. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    well here you can see three of them playing together
    James, JFQ and Cardona

Minute 31:40

Azucarero repped this.
  18. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cardona needs to be retired from the NT team FOR EVER.
    he has had way too many chances. The dude has popo in his head.
    His performances are mediocre. He can have a superb game, scored great goals. next game he will not appear or elbow a player and get a red card. enough of that. he hass been out of world cups and tournaments because of this. How many more chances can we give him?

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. Cardona fue de los mas regulares en el proceso 2014-2018. Creo que solo dos jugadores marcaron mas goles que el.....

2. En la seleccion siempre ha respondido y tiene 0 expulsiones, le queda cero grande la camiseta

3. Un error no llevarlo al mundial, asi como todo argentina coincide que error de guillermo no llevarlo a la final

4.absurdo retirarlo por su edad y por rendimiento mostrado en la seleccion. Si esta en buen nivel se debe llevar

kromekote and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I see where you are coming from @ praxis, and I personally have him on a very short leash due to his antics.

That said, I think everyone should have a clean slate under Queiroz. If he and his staff believe that Cardona can help Colombia in the 2022 cycle then I will be in favor of whatever role they try with him.

That goes for any player.

J-Mezzy, Furnaccio and pepinointer repped this.
  21. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah except that little incident with South Korea.

22. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Other than the South Korea incident; Cardona had a strong 14-18 run for us. He scored clutch goals and created many chances in what was a grind for our 14-18 campaign. What he lacked in pace he made up for it via in-game IQ and knowing where to be on the pitch to be involved in a goal.

Even if he would struggle during a game, he wouldn’t disappear like others have but come out of nowhere with a shot on goal from distance or a nice pass into space for a team mate.

He can be inconsistent, but who was not inconsistent?

Right now there a lot of players he is going to be competing with for playing time. I don’t think he can be written off just yet.

Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Players like Cardona are not a dime a dozen. He can change a game and has proven to do so many times. Had he put on a River shirt and had a DT like Gallardo show him a bit more confidence I think he would still be in Argentina. I wouldnt be so quick to give up on players that offer the X factor. At the very least, if he's showing consistency in Mexico I wouldnt mind having his talents on the bench....he would have really helped in the WC.

pepinointer, J-Mezzy, krass and 2 others repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Until Barrera and Benedetti become a reality who else would you call to replace the dime a Dozen player in cardona?

Especially if Quintero and James start at the same time? taking into account that Quintero has potentially 50-60 minutes of Stamina in him at most

J-Mezzy, Furnaccio, krass and 1 other person repped this.
  25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Unless of course Queiroz experiments with non creative players which would be awful. (But something the Portugal fans are saying he may do.)

A bunch of Defensive mids and wingers could take the place of Cardona in that case.